Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    No where in my other thread did I say I was applying for a guild. My last post in that thread I cleared up the issue in "favoritism", I wasn't pleased but I can't hate them for their choices.

But no I'm not looking to apply to a guild, I was told I couldn't join progression raids til I can pull at least 70k. Still frustrates me when theres people pulling 55-65k but whatever.

Which is why I made this thread, to find out if they're trying to literally screw me over by wasting my time or if its a real benchmark to aim for.
    learn to raid lead, our raid leader pulled 50k dps tsulong 25 man heroic, no-one is complaining cause raid leading > meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    learn to raid lead, our raid leader pulled 50k dps tsulong 25 man heroic, no-one is complaining cause raid leading > meters.
    So exactly what are implying? That I'm mechanic dumb? No...just don't

If you want to improve on your dps and class in general, might I suggest some log analysis and posting in your class forum. You've made two posts in the raid forums now, basically whining about how you can't join a progression guild because you can't do enough damage and/or are undergeared. We don't know if you're doing "approximately the amount of dps an approximate 480 lock" would do, (did you even read that statement before typing it?) because you won't post logs. Post in the class forums and you might get more useful responses that can actually help you.

If you want to see the required dps for those raids, look up logs on worldoflogs. Find a guild of moderate to low progression. That will tell you what is required to kill the bosses.

So exactly what are implying? That I'm mechanic dumb? No...just don't
    nope i was simply saying, if you're dps isn't 70k+ or w/e just raid lead and you can secure a place in raids with low dps/low gear .

i believe you read too much into it but i was not trying to insult anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    If you want to improve on your dps and class in general, might I suggest some log analysis and posting in your class forum. You've made two posts in the raid forums now, basically whining about how you can't join a progression guild because you can't do enough damage and/or are undergeared. We don't know if you're doing "approximately the amount of dps an approximate 480 lock" would do, (did you even read that statement before typing it?) because you won't post logs. Post in the class forums and you might get more useful responses that can actually help you.

If you want to see the required dps for those raids, look up logs on worldoflogs. Find a guild of moderate to low progression. That will tell you what is required to kill the bosses.
    This is not whining, I asked a simple question...open your eyes.

And I already did actually do what you recommended in mmo-champ and bnet forums.

Deleted
    If your tanks dps is 30k, your gonna have a bad time.

I found being able to pull my weight (a.k.a. all dps doing the same dps as me, bosses would still go down) in HoF normal on my alt lock in about 470-475 ilvl.

Garalons enrage is only tight because people play the fight wrong.

Wait...

This is the same guy that was complaining that top guilds won't take him... lmao

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Wait...

This is the same guy that was complaining that top guilds won't take him... lmao
    Where did I say it was a top guild...and where did I say won't take me...

Go read again...

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Wait...

To be fair he didn't say that. He just said any guild with him in dies in 3-4 months.

No where in my other thread did I say I was applying for a guild. My last post in that thread I cleared up the issue in "favoritism", I wasn't pleased but I can't hate them for their choices.

But no I'm not looking to apply to a guild, I was told I couldn't join progression raids til I can pull at least 70k. Still frustrates me when theres people pulling 55-65k but whatever.

Which is why I made this thread, to find out if they're trying to literally screw me over by wasting my time or if its a real benchmark to aim for.
    If you want to raid, and you show up, and you don't die a lot. There is a ton of guilds that will take a slightly under-geared player to test the waters. They aren't the best guilds but they are a start, more importantly you should be focusing on improving your gear and also making sure you are playing your class at the fullest performance. If you go about doing that and can make scheduled raids you'll find a raid group with a little bit of patience.

Deleted
    That is your issue. If you cannot pull 70k dps (pretty much regardless of fight) that is either a l2p issue or you are not putting in any effort to get some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    That is your issue. If you cannot pull 70k dps (pretty much regardless of fight) that is either a l2p issue or you are not putting in any effort to get some gear.
    Totally agree, most of our dps is at about 90-100k dps with near 500 ilvl we recently added a dps dk to our roster with ilvl 488 and he's keeping up nicely with 80-88k considering his gear. Progression raids with less then 70k doesn't really work unless you want to be carried or progress on garalon or something.

On topic 70k will do for HoF/Toes normal a little less for the first 2 bosses, maybe a bit more for tsulong nightphase.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-02-17 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    This is not whining, I asked a simple question...open your eyes.

And I already did actually do what you recommended in mmo-champ and bnet forums.
    I think you have to be abit more open to critism.

If you could PM me logs / your toon, I would love to help you out.

This is from a 14/16 guild on my realm.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8325&e=8979

Going through their logs, hey are clearing content with 70kish dps lock, (which is one of their higher dps); so it is 100% doable.

The reason people is on edge with said statement, is 1. I believe the standards of the average mmo champ is a tad higher than an only normal guild.

Also, because the dps potiential is alot higher. I think what you want to do is, collect the gear possible to you, while your searching for a guild.

In the early stages, if you want to get into a decent guild, you will most likely end of guild hopping abit, gaining exp/gear as you move along.

As long as your gameplay is decent, and you are working on improving your potientially dps, everything will work out just fine.

Not many guilds take on a low geared toon, just to gear it up tho, so without a bit of LFR equipment, you most likely won't find many takers.

Even if you can outdps some people, doesn't mean that they instantly takes you - as they might know that person, etc.

So TLDR: While your dps might be great for your ilvl, and might outshine people with better gear than you, the best thing you can do is work on your performance - Through you play and gear. The lock forum here is insanely good for helping people, I was 100% new to my lock come MoP, and I find I really know many tips and tricks now.

EDIT:

I won't post your armory, as I don't think I am allowed to do that without your concent. However I found one of your other post, which lead me to your locks armory.

You have 3317 haste. And 5700 mastery, if you reforge to 4198 haste (If you have the 5% haste buff in your raid), that will be a significant dps upgrade.

You can upgrade alot of your gear with justice.

You lack belt bucket.

You have 1/5 tier, if your abit lucky in LFR that will bump your dps quite abit aswell (if you obtain 2pc).

Obviously Jade Spirit/Int on bracers is better than the enchants you have, but prob wasted on a 489 wep/463 bracers.

Couldn't find any logs, that is most likely the biggest place I can help you improve on.

Reading Evrelia's sticky on Warlock forums is the best advice I could give you!

Also, your gear is to low to gem mastery, int gemming is better atm.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-02-17 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    EDIT:

I won't post your armory, as I don't think I am allowed to do that without your concent. However I found one of your other post, which lead me to your locks armory.

You have 3317 haste. And 5700 mastery, if you reforge to 4198 haste (If you have the 5% haste buff in your raid), that will be a significant dps upgrade.

You can upgrade alot of your gear with justice.

You lack belt bucket.

You have 1/5 tier, if your abit lucky in LFR that will bump your dps quite abit aswell (if you obtain 2pc).

Obviously Jade Spirit/Int on bracers is better than the enchants you have, but prob wasted on a 489 wep/463 bracers.

Couldn't find any logs, that is most likely the biggest place I can help you improve on.

Reading Evrelia's sticky on Warlock forums is the best advice I could give you!

Also, your gear is to low to gem mastery, int gemming is better atm.

I reforged to the haste I have to meet the agony haste. My gear I don't believe is actually capable of meeting 4717. I was also told by one of the top locks who used to rank during progression that secondary stats mastery/haste are king over intellect until higher gear levels. So I've been following his advice.

As far as my weapon enchant I got that the night we raided and I didn't use it in any encounters, I intended on putting jade spirit on it. Yeah I did pick up my tier chest piece this week, hoping for another next week. And I did mention in my post that I wasn't going to insert my buckle into my belt until 2 straight weeks without one from LFR.

Zor'lok: 174.5M Health, 12m Enrage (IIRC) = 242,361 Raid DPS (50k~ per person)

Blade Lord: 150.3M Health, 8m Enrage(Roughly) = 313,125 Raid DPS (60k~ per person)

Garalon: 218.1M Health, 7:04 Hard Enrage = 514,387 Raid DPS (100k~ per person)

Wind Lord (Adds included): 434.8m Health, 8m Enrage = 905,833 Raid DPS (181k~ per person)

Amber Shaper (Monstrosity and Boss only): 283.5m Health, 10m Enrage = 472,535 Raid DPS (95k~ per person)

Grand Empress (2 add waves): 246.6m Health, 15m Enrage = 274,000 Raid DPS (55k~ per person)

Protectors: 214m Health, 8m Enrage = 445,833 Raid DPS (90k~ per person)

Tsulong (Only Boss, Healers counted as DPS): 174.5m Health, 8m Enrage = 365,541 Raid DPS (52k~ per person, very rough estimate)

Lei Shi (Just Boss): 138.2m Health, 10m Enrage(IIRC) = 230,333 Raid DPS (50k~ per person)

Sha of Fear (Boss): 184.7m Health, 15m Enrage = 205,222 Raid DPS (70k~ per person, 3 DPS counted)
    Sha of Fear Platforms: 14.4m Health, 1:30 Pseudo Enrage = 160,000 Raid DPS (55k~ per person, 3 DPS counted)

Just rough numbers but gives you a good idea of what every fight needs, every fight was calculated with 5 DPS (Minus Sha of Fear, which was 6 DPS). Tank DPS was not counted in, nor was Healers doing any damage (Minus Tsulong). Obviously, the requirement isn't as high as this due to Tank DPS but I can't be bothered to math them out because of how much Vengeance can vary. I used 5 DPS just because some people have trouble 1 tanking/2 healing certain fights for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha of Fear platforms only requiring 55k each seems pretty low, it feels more like ~70k
    and protectors requiring 90k? Even normal elite doesnt require 90k

Think you might have forgotten to carry the 1 somewhere :P
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    I reforged to the haste I have to meet the agony haste. My gear I don't believe is actually capable of meeting 4717. I was also told by one of the top locks who used to rank during progression that secondary stats mastery/haste are king over intellect until higher gear levels. So I've been following his advice.

As far as my weapon enchant I got that the night we raided and I didn't use it in any encounters, I intended on putting jade spirit on it. Yeah I did pick up my tier chest piece this week, hoping for another next week. And I did mention in my post that I wasn't going to insert my buckle into my belt until 2 straight weeks without one from LFR.
    Your friend is wrong. Int might start to outshine Mastery gems at a certain point, but in sub 480 gear, Int gems is better.

In above, mastery is better (atm).

If you read my post, I also said you should go for the 4198 haste tick (on corruption/UA under BL).

Also, if you can provide logs, or in general your playstyle (If it not what Evrelia's guide); there are not so many ways we can help you improve otherwise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Sha of Fear platforms only requiring 55k each seems pretty low, it feels more like ~70k
    55k assuming the guy doesn't get healed