Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Final Fantasy VII.

Sorry but Final Fantasy X simply blew it out of the water in every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post

How can people seriously consider Skyrim a big failuire? For me it was one of the greatest game of all time. It was well made and had a unique atmosphere. Beside the story was amazing and you do have infinite possibilities to spend your time - and lets not forget the music/backgroundsound.

Posts like these that keeps skyrim at my #1 overrated slot.

FFVII tops this list every time. No game could ever come close to that level of overratedness.

Oh wait, just kidding, obvious runner-up: the entire Halo franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajmedol View Post
    Angry birds... its just bad
    Doesn't count, because that trash can't even be considered a video game. But yes, overrated to a hilarious degree. Not to mention the idea isn't even original.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    3. SWToR
    The term people are looking for when they list this is "overhyped" not "overrated." I don't think anyone actually played the game and then went and raved about how awesome it was.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-02-15 at 02:13 PM.

1. diablo 2

yeah i said 2 not 3 now before all you get your panties in a bunch im not saying its a bad game i liked it but i didnt think it was that great. honestly the amount of people who treat that game like a gift from god made me think it was going to be awesome everyone was like "I SPENT A YEAR PLAYING DIABLO 2 AND DIDNT SEE SUNLIGHT FOR MONTHS AND I LIVED OFF SPRAY CHEESE AND MTN DEW MAN IT WAS AWESOME" i get it and its a nice game i spent a good amount of hours into it but nowhere near my top 10 games of all time let alone top 50.

2. guild wars 2. seriously again just like diablo 2. its a perfectly okay game and while i think its the best pvp mmo i think the pve sucks, the jumping puzzles suck and the story sucks. i know some youtubers who literally got death threats for just saying the game was only "okay" back when it was in beta.

3. burning crusade. hey you wanna see illidan and kael'thas? WERE GONNA RUIN THEM AND MAKE YOU KILL THEM FOR LOOT AND NEVER FULLY EXPLAIN WHY @_@
    you wanna see characters like turalyon and alleria? NOPE. @_@ BUT IF YOU LIKE THEIR KID IS WALKING BACK IN FORTH IN A CASTLE. you want explanations for why villains are doing things? NOPE. JUST NAGA STEALIN WATER BRAH NO REASON WHY JUST TAKIN IT FOR TEH LOLZ. WHY DO THEY NEED IT? THEY DONT BUT THEIR TAKIN IT ANYWAYS LULZ.

4. ocarina of time/majoras mask. now both of those are amazing games i have nothing but praises for them but people seriously need to grow up and stop being like "NO GAIME EVAR WILL EVAR BE BETTER DEN DESE EVAR"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Zelda series and Final Fantasy 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    FFVII tops this list every time. No game could ever come close to that level of overratedness.

Oh wait, just kidding, obvious runner-up: the entire Halo franchise.

Doesn't count, because that trash can't even be considered a video game. But yes, overrated to a hilarious degree. Not to mention the idea isn't even original.
    angry birds is actually just a rip off of an old flash game
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Diablo III - too short - I'm not into dungeon crawling and seeing the same story 4x at different levels - when the story is done, it's done for me. 10 hours I think and I was done? Seriously? Complete waste of money for me.

2. xCom - too short, not enough depth - BUT... I thoroughly enjoyed the very short time playing it.

3. Skyrim - game is fun and I still have it installed and play it and I think it is worth the money, but the combat is garbage. Could have been better.

4. GW2 - I see no point for having levels in this game at all - I thoroughly enjoyed my first character, but this should have, in my personal opinion been a single player RPG and they should have just focussed 100% on story. That said, it is still installed on my PC and I log in from time to time, but feel the game is a bit misguided and confused. PvE dungeons are sucky, but the game was worth the money and I don't regret buying it.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-02-15 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    vanilla wow

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Zelda series and Final Fantasy 7.
    i dont see how the zelda series can be called over rated. its arguably one of the best action rpgs in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is GW2 overrated?
    As a PvE player and great fan of GW2, I got to admit: GW2 does a terrible job introducing you to dungeons. It's worse than WoW. I think that's the main reason why GW2 didn't make as much success as I was expecting.

Call of Duty... i simply can't overcome how overrated they are.
    Borderlands.
    Grand Theft Auto (Yeah i said it, i like Sleeping dogs more than any gta game ever released... okay any 3d gta game ever released )
    Dark Souls (Still a great game but... very overrated)
    League of Legends (personal preference... i never liked it, and i can't get over how popular it is).

10+ Year Old Account
    zelda series [...] its arguably one of the best action rpgs in the world
    And I think you're overrating it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Diablo 2

the most overrated game of all times.
    In what way actually? Do you think if it were rated "properly" then Diablo 3 would have got better feedback from players. Without Diablo 2's success Diablo 3 would not have happened. Several design principles served and still serve as blueprint for the genre, so the merits are given. I'd think that alone in retrospect justifies its ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The only one I can think of offhand that I think was truly over-rated was Borderlands 1.
    The main vanilla game albeit fun - I am a fan of the series myself - for a time had its flaws and could be seen as bland especially when compared with BL2.
    But what uplifted it was its co-op play and the Dr.Ned's Zombie Island but even more General Knoxx' Armory DLC.
    The latter one actually laid out a foundation for the vanilla BL2.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

COunter strike. Nuff said.

Followed by CoD, Dota, Hon, Lol, star craft and guild wars 2

Deleted
    Honestly I think the only true answers to this question, would be games that are hailed as the best games in their series when it's flaws say otherwise.
    This makes Diablo 3 NOT over rated as Diablo 2 is generally considered superior.

Games like Ocarina of Time, while great are always what a large majority of fans would reccomend to someone wanting to try out the series, when I would point them to The Oracles games or LTTP.

Pokemon red/blue are widely considered the best outside of the die hard fans of the series. There are many great (and some not so) gens of pokemon that are overlooked and even shunned due to reasons for other topics :P

Minecraft and Skyrim are both games I would include as over-rated as anything decent to come from them are from the mods yet casual gaming audiences seem to lap them up, I can see why and im not dissing casual players but as stand alone products they are both pretty sub-par.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    And I think you're overrating it.
    except it IS one of the best action rpgs in the world. sure some recent titles have been lacking in things like being to linear or lacking in overworld content but the series as a whole is one of the best in its genre.

if he singled out a couple of the games then he would have a point but saying that the entire series is overrated is kind of dumb

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Honestly I think the only true answers to this question, would be games that are hailed as the best games in their series when it's flaws say otherwise.
    This makes Diablo 3 NOT over rated as Diablo 2 is generally considered superior.

Games like Ocarina of Time, while great are always what a large majority of fans would reccomend to someone wanting to try out the series, when I would point them to The Oracles games or LTTP.

Pokemon red/blue are widely considered the best outside of the die hard fans of the series. There are many great (and some not so) gens of pokemon that are overlooked and even shunned due to reasons for other topics :P

Minecraft and Skyrim are both games I would include as over-rated as anything decent to come from them are from the mods yet casual gaming audiences seem to lap them up, I can see why and im not dissing casual players but as stand alone products they are both pretty sub-par.
    actually the gen 2 games (silver/gold/crystal) are almost always put as the best pokemon games. you almost never see anyone legitimately say red and blue are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    no one here thinks Diablo 3 was over rated mkay? no one.
    I think you got your overrated and underrated mixed up. Diablo 3 is a highly underrated game, it suffers from way more hate than it should.

Now, CoD is a highly overrated game, because it gets way more praise than it should.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

1) The Sims
    2) Civilization
    3) Counter Strike
    4) LoL
    5) All "Fast and furious" inspired NFS games

Black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    COunter strike. Nuff said.

Followed by CoD, Dota, Hon, Lol, star craft and guild wars 2
    so, any decent game that is actually competitive and has any chance of being an esport...
    any decent game where actually skill factors a lot and that the game survives in terms of competitiveness between players and not man vs machine... I see where you're going...

I do agree with LOL, just because I believe than hon/dota2 are superior, but LOL is free and came out earlier and in a good timing...
    And GW2 because deep down, doesn't bring such novelty as ppl try to sell... Awesome game but very overrated...