Guild wars 2
dragon age 2
Guild wars 2
dragon age 2
If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right
Halo, CoD, Half-Life, Mario, Zelda, Borderlands, DMC. I don't understand what all the fuss about these games is...Half-Life is the only one thats ok, the rest being really bad, my opinion though.
Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.
LoL (personal opinion)
D3 was way over hyped, not sure if its overrated given the general low opinion people now have of it
I'll probably get crucified for saying this but...
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Its controls are pretty stiff, it takes forever before the story gets going, and finally when it does it isn't that special. I guess it's the kind of game where I should have been there when it was released to like it, but if that's the case, then it hasn't aged well, like Super Mario 64. I like the 2D dungeon crawlers a lot more than the 3D ones anyways.
2. Every damn MMO, including WoW. Now I like WoW, and it's the only MMO I still play, but it sure gets a lot of attention both from haters and likers, that I feel other games might deserve more. The real cause for this entry is for all the millions of MMOs who people claim will dethrone WoW, but ultimately flop it too, like Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, SWToR, GW2, TSW, Tera, and the tons of other MMOs that are released. Overall I don't feel that the MMO genre has a very strong arsenal in itself, and I still don't get why every new MMO gets so much hype when they all turn out to be great dissapointments.
3. Call of Duty. Do I even need to explain? It's the same game every year, it runs off the same engine, but oh my, a new campaign, new weapons and new maps! That's what DLCs are supposed to do, that isn't what you call a new game. Sure they tried something new with Black Ops 2, I haven't really bothered with it at all though so I can't comment too much on it, but this is to every Call of Duty from Call of Duty 4 to Modern Warfare 3.
4. Halo. I'm still wondering why and how I've managed to go through the 3 first games, but I have, and I really don't get the hype. Is it because it's space themed? Is it because of Master Chief? Admittedly it has more interesting weapon designs than every other FPS, but still, it feels so generic. It's a boring and uninteresting story, uninspired and common characters, and Master Chief has to be the most overrated video game character only behind Sephiroth and Cloud. The story might be better if you read the books people have told me, I tell them that a game shouldn't rely on a book. Oh, and have I mentioned the vehicles? The flying ones are impossible to aim with, and I could barf everytime I see a warthog. The online multiplayer is broken as hell on the earlier games too because they let people hack as much as they want, so that can't save it either.
5. League of Legends. I played it for nearly two years, and it's an okay game, but does it deserve to be the biggest PC game in history? No, not even close. It's imbalanced, there's no freedom of choice when choosing a champion because of the metagame, and it hasn't introduced anything new since Dominion which was ages ago. I will admit, it is a fun game at times, well I quit it because I don't find it to be much fun anymore, but I had some good times, but holy shit its fame is going over the edge. I see people that wear t-shirts for teams that compete in ranked play for this game. Seriously? That'd be like wearing a t-shirt for a fansite of Metallica, but not wearing a t-shirt that says Metallica. In all honesty though, what ruined this game for me was the metagame, so the fanbase literally killed it for me.
There are other games I'd like to include here, like Skyrim, every damn Blizzard game, and TF2, but hey, I've got a lot of other games to play than these I've listed, so I'll go do that.
Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-02-15 at 08:05 AM.
Pokémon Y FC: 3668-8628-9446 - Dunsparce, Kecleon and Chansey - Everyone feel free to add me, and PM me if you do so.
Pretty tough to walk the line between 'that game is overrated' and 'lots of people seem to enjoy this game I did not'...
Something that I do not like is that all Call of Duty games in the series is being dragged in as "overhyped". Call of Duty, the first one of the series, was incredible. It was mind-blowingly good. The same with Call of Duty 4. It was top notch of its time. Recent additions has pretty much copy pasted the same formula and done the same thing over and over again. They aren't bad games, but they're surely overhyped. Again. State the Call of Duty games, instead of taking every single one of as an "overhyped" game.
PS: The thing that got me into Call of Duty in the first place, was its stellar demo released about a year prior to release. I don't know how many times I played through it, but it was a lot. I miss demos. Damn you kids!
Final Fantasy 7
I'm a washed up, has-been.
All god damn Moba games...(LoL,Dota,Hon) I personally can't stand them, but everyone and their mother seems to love them.
Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.
Can't think of anything else but Oblivion really.
Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.