Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is FF7 even overrated anymore? It's become the cool thing for everyone to name FF7 whenever this thread comes up even tho half the people naming it probably don't even remember what the game was like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect
    Halo

Seriously after Combat Evolved Halo was just another Cash-Cow to be milked.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    Assasins Creed. Am I only one that finds them repetitive and dull?

10+ Year Old Account
    This article isn't quite named correctly. Diablo 3 is a good example, however Madden or Call of Duty (post CoD4) aren't really overrated. Because no one really says they are great. Again, Guitar Hero and all the other sports games don't count! They have to be rated HIGH in order for it to be overrated. Most of the games people are posting get average reviews at best. It is not just whatever game you hate, it is what game is overrated.

The game that is easily the MOST overrated game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and think it is great. However, the way some people talk about it, and build it up is quite excessive.

Most things made by Nintendo and any game made prior to 2000. I mean I absolutely love Goldeneye 007 and played it every day, but to be honest even I overrate that game. Just like the Zelda's, Chrono Trigger, older FF games, etc. As they age people just keep up with the "you had to be there" and "games used to be so good" talk.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2013-02-17 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    This article isn't quite named correctly. Diablo 3 is a good example, however Madden or Call of Duty (post CoD4) aren't really overrated. Because no one really says they are great. Again, Guitar Hero and all the other sports games don't count! They have to be rated HIGH in order for it to be overrated. Most of the games people are posting get average reviews at best. It is not just whatever game you hate, it is what game is overrated.

The game that is easily the MOST overrated game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and think it is great. However, the way some people talk about it, and build it up is quite excessive.

Most things made by Nintendo and any game made prior to 2000. I mean I absolutely love Goldeneye 007 and played it every day, but to be honest even I overrate that game. Just like the Zelda's, Chrono Trigger, older FF games, etc. As they age people just keep up with the "you had to be there" and "games used to be so good" talk.
    Pretty much what I think as well.

It's the same with Zelda: Ocarina of Time though...it's an awesome game, but people tend to go overboard with calling it the best game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienor91 View Post
    No, I do too, especially the first one. I just went on ahead on bought them, hoping I'd get to them eventually, but I never do lol
    I recently got done with the Mass Effect series and it was pretty legit, 2nd one being by far better than the other two IMHO.
    Another game that was really overrated was the Dragon Age series. They keep comparing it to a 'Modern day Baldur's Gate' and it's not in anyway, shape or form, and I honestly just think the whole series was terrible. The story was boring, the characters were really dull, and the fights were so terribly designed. I remember being really excited for the game when I was first reading/hearing about it. Even got it when it came out. Played it, beat it, never touched it again. Nothing memorable about it either.

Most definitely Skyrim. The game truly didn't bring anything new to the table, but people acted (and still continue to act) like they've never seen anything like it before. It also bothers me a lot that when any open world game comes out, it automatically gets compared to Skyrim as if Skyrim invented the concept of having an open world. I'm not saying it's a bad game. I had a fair amount of fun with it when I did play it (I played about 60 hours of it to get my money's worth, but by then I was quite bored). People just act like it was revolutionary when it wasn't.

Also Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed is the Call of Duty of action-adventure. I enjoyed Assassin's Creed 2, but they really just regurgitate the same game with a different skin every year and slap a new title on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Oh god yes. Far Cry 3 being called "SKYRIM WITH GUNS!" made me cringe so hard.
    I played Farcry 3 a bit. The "Skyrim with guns" tag seemed fairly spot on for the overworld. Don't know if Farcry 3 has dungeon-like environments- I didn't put a lot a of time into it.

How much longer is it going to take people to realize how overrated Resident Evil is? It's now stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well maybe that pacing worked for Morrowind, but in Skyrim I was glad to be a Dovahkiin within an hour of gameplay.
    Exactly. People fail to understand that Developers know to make games evolve with an evolving/growing audience. Not only is there a larger/new audience for Elder Scrolls games, the old audience is a decade older. Despite all the nostalgia, most of the "old school Morrowind players" wouldn't be able to put up with that same stuff in a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienor91 View Post
    Count me as well.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Final Fantasy 6 is by far, the most over-rated Final Fantasy game, with #7 coming in at 2nd. FF7 was fun, but the overzealousness of its fans just makes me go WTF, same with those for FF6.

All Zelda games. Yes, all of them. I don't see the appeal of the series, and I had been completely disappointed in each that I attempted to play (thanks to my sister, who for some reason enjoys them).

Every single FPS game, especially in their online multiplayer portions. Everyone is a twitchy crackhead hopped up on cocaine.

And World of Warcraft, Starcraft 1&2, and Assassin's Creed, and God of War series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Oh god yes. Far Cry 3 being called "SKYRIM WITH GUNS!" made me cringe so hard.
    Far Cry? I think you misspelled Fallout 3!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Most definitely Skyrim. The game truly didn't bring anything new to the table, but people acted (and still continue to act) like they've never seen anything like it before. It also bothers me a lot that when any open world game comes out, it automatically gets compared to Skyrim as if Skyrim invented the concept of having an open world. I'm not saying it's a bad game. I had a fair amount of fun with it when I did play it (I played about 60 hours of it to get my money's worth, but by then I was quite bored). People just act like it was revolutionary when it wasn't.

Also Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed is the Call of Duty of action-adventure. I enjoyed Assassin's Creed 2, but they really just regurgitate the same game with a different skin every year and slap a new title on it.
    In fact, it was quite busy REMOVING a lot of the awesome stuff from past TES games. And the skill trees... Urgh how I hate them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

FFVII
    Chrono Trigger

Those are the only two that i consider to be REALLY overrated. FFVII sucked terribly in my opinion, and that comes from a person who plays the games for their storyline more than anything else, and Chrono Trigger felt like a cheap ripoff of Breath of Fire 2.

No trolling, no flaming, an honest opinion of mine.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Assasins creed
    One of the worst games i ever played, honestly felt angry about spending 60 euros on it.

Minecraft
    Overrated piece of boredom.

Guildwars 2

Pong, I don't get it that game is super boring. Must be a generation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Assasins creed
    One of the worst games i ever played, honestly felt angry about spending 60 euros on it.

Minecraft

Guildwars 2
    The issue with this thread is that everyone has different opinion. For example, i absolutely love Minecraft, and i wouldnt call Guild Wars 2 overrated because its... well.. not rated too much - at least not to my knowledge.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    There's a fine line between Over rated and Over hyped, think they're getting a bit confused in this thread

Over rated for me is Minecraft - sure its good, not really AMAZING.
    Over hyped for me is Guild Wars 2 - Really good game (I played it) but it didnt meet expectations to beat (many peoples) expectation to best Cataclysm

Minecraft - barely a game
    Final Fantasy - boring