Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweekx View Post
    Pong, I don't get it that game is super boring. Must be a generation thing.
    While I can't help but detect sarcasm in this, the hidden Pong level was actually a huge highlight for me in MK3. I was 9 when it came out, and use to spend my summer at a youth group where a group of us played on the Megadrive pretty much all day, when we found out about the hidden pong level we ended up canning the rest of the game and holding a tournament.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Final Fantasy 7. People orgasm over the very mention of the name, while I hated it. I loved, and adored Final Fantasy 8. It is one of the greatest games i've ever played.
    You seem to be one of those that hates FFVII for the sake of hating, I mean hey it's overrated but it's still an incredible game and if you liked ff8( I LOOVE FFVIII too) you should also have enjoyed FFVII at least a little? but no you hate it? somehow I find that logic quite flawed considering both games are similar in gameplay what sets them apart is the story basically...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    There's a fine line between Over rated and Over hyped, think they're getting a bit confused in this thread

Over rated for me is Minecraft - sure its good, not really AMAZING.
    Over hyped for me is Guild Wars 2 - Really good game (I played it) but it didnt meet expectations to beat (many peoples) expectation to best Cataclysm
    I absolutely loathed GW2 and think it was completely rubbish from the start, so yeah, for me that game is overrated.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    You seem to be one of those that hates FFVII for the sake of hating, I mean hey it's overrated but it's still an incredible game and if you liked ff8( I LOOVE FFVIII too) you should also have enjoyed FFVII at least a little? but no you hate it? somehow I find that logic quite flawed considering both games are similar in gameplay what sets them apart is the story basically...
    He prolly didn't even play ff7 or ff8 People nowadays think it's cool to say ff7 sucks, when you ask those same people some questions you'll find out very fast that they never actually played it.

I love how way too many people are confusing "overrated" with "overhyped".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like skyrim, it feels more life like than other gaming worlds :S I think you need the right frame of mind to play it though if you just go in all guns blazing turning every man woman and horse into ash then you probably aren't going to get why people enjoy it :P

Games are like books or films everyone likes different things and you can't really expect to like every game you play :P

But ignoring that my personal most over rated game is guild wars 2...i enjoy playing guild wars 1 more than #2 >.< I don't see these "amazing graphics" it has, dynamic events were basically just quests without the quest text and didn't involve you picking them up before setting off to adventure, running on any character i made felt really clunky, abilities felt limited and a lack of unique ones (it felt more like diablo3 than a mmo) -.-

But yeh excluding guild wars 2 i pretty much enjoy at least some aspects of any game that i play :S

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    You have to be one of those that love FFVII and refuse to accept it's criticism. I played every single FF game, and i did not like a single thing about FFVII. I disliked the story, i disliked the combat, i disliked the graphics - i just generally disliked the game. Which is why i cant grasp why its so "popular" among fans.

I would gladly prefer FF1/FF2 to it. Im also one of the people who absolutely loved FFXIII - yes, honestly.
    We dream, we dream.

League of Legends
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    GTA
    Every bloody EA sport game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon (all)
    Kingdom Hearts (all)
    Guild Wars 2
    Call of Duty (all)
    Battefield (all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft & skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    He prolly didn't even play ff7 or ff8 People nowadays think it's cool to say ff7 sucks, when you ask those same people some questions you'll find out very fast that they never actually played it.
    I'm one of those who's old enough to have cut his teeth on the likes of FF4 and 3/6. FF7. FF8 was better than FF7 in pretty much every way, and even then wasn't up to the story bar that had been set prior. FF7/8 were very much style over substance. That's why I dislike them so much. Particularly FF7 was trying way too hard to be "cool".

IMO anyone listing halo probably never beat it on legendary

I will haft to say any wii-game and motion controler game's really. I don't see the hype. Sluggish controle, not really exciting after some time, and so forth.

I have tried some Wii sport game and Mario cart, and none off it appealed to me, yet it still sells alot, and I figure its cause Nintendo just reharsh the same old games for the 500'th time.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm one of those who's old enough to have cut his teeth on the likes of FF4 and 3/6. FF7. FF8 was better than FF7 in pretty much every way, and even then wasn't up to the story bar that had been set prior. FF7/8 were very much style over substance. That's why I dislike them so much. Particularly FF7 was trying way too hard to be "cool".
    Hits the nail on the head. When they went back and remade 3/4 for the DS it was clear just how much better they were than a lot of the modern games, the only thing 8 has is depth in the combat prep, setting up the right spell/junction combinations. It's a theorycrafter's FF moreso than someone who wants to play a game, with a story and have great fun.

If they ever remake 6 for modern home consoles, it would show the huge difference between the pre and post 32 bit era FF's. Of the modern series, X is the only one to really come close.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

so in other words it's a thread for hipsters who ran out of non-mainstream things to do

Wasn't it Arkham Asylum which got rating 11/10 from some game raters?

Chrono Trigger. Not enough character skills and such. Just a lack luster game.
    FF7. FF6 and FF8 were better, yet the one between them gets all the hype.
    Zelda OoT. WW MM LttP were all better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    Wasn't it Arkham Asylum which got rating 11/10 from some game raters?
    11/10 is obviously just stupid, but arkham asylum is imho still one of the best games ever made and many agree with that

Any popular game obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played Farcry 3 a bit. The "Skyrim with guns" tag seemed fairly spot on for the overworld. Don't know if Farcry 3 has dungeon-like environments- I didn't put a lot a of time into it.
    Except, not at all. Seriously, did you even play both games?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    11/10 is obviously just stupid, but arkham asylum is imho still one of the best games ever made and many agree with that
    Honestly, I'd say that AA deserves the 11/10.... Arkham City though.... What a bummer that was.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann