1. #1

    New build - Will this be okay?

    CPU - Intel i5-3570k
    Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1833 16gb
    SSD - Corsair - Neutron Series GTX 240GB
    HDD - Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB
    Video - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    PSupply - Thermaltake - SMART Series 850-Watt ATX
    CD/DVD - Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Blu-ray Writer
    Cooling - Corsair Hydro Series H80i Dual
    Case - Cooler Master - CM 690 II Advanced ATX

    Basically I will be doing a lot of gaming, all the newest 3d titles. Currently playing world of warcraft, battlefield 3, farcry 3, crysis 3, bioshock infinite, will be playing pretty much anything and everything coming out. I need the two TB cuz i download a ton of tv episodes and catalog it all to stream on my media center. Im not really asking to suggest brands but to suggest whether the type of component will be fine. Should i get a different cooling or different ram speeds etc, processor type. I dont want to hear that samsung 840 is better, i want to hear that 240gb is too much or too little.

  2. #2
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9
    It's a good build. The CPU is a good choice, the MB is good, the Ram is ok dt care too much about the speed it's not like it makes a difference in gaming, SSD can't comment on it i dt have one, 3GB video ram is good but if u dt plan to play more than 1080p on singe monitor then dt waste the extra money going for 3gb unless of course it's only like 10-20$ more than the 2GB versions then sure why not, and i dt think u need a cooling for ur CPU unless u plan to OC them.

  3. #3
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    10,893
    Notably, if you don't plan to OC you're CPU, you may as well save like a hundred bucks and get a i5-3350P and B75 board.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

    IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

  4. #4
    well i plan on eventually overclocking both the cpu and running 2 32" led screens, and as cards get cheaper, crossfiring two 7970's. I dabble in photoshop and plan to video edit, which is why im getting the bluray burn drive

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelic View Post
    It's a good build. The CPU is a good choice, the MB is good, the Ram is ok dt care too much about the speed it's not like it makes a difference in gaming, SSD can't comment on it i dt have one, 3GB video ram is good but if u dt plan to play more than 1080p on singe monitor then dt waste the extra money going for 3gb unless of course it's only like 10-20$ more than the 2GB versions then sure why not, and i dt think u need a cooling for ur CPU unless u plan to OC them.
    There are no 2GB Radeon 7970, only 3GB or 6GB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    CPU - Intel i5-3570k
    Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1833 16gb
    SSD - Corsair - Neutron Series GTX 240GB
    HDD - Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB
    Video - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    PSupply - Thermaltake - SMART Series 850-Watt ATX
    CD/DVD - Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Blu-ray Writer
    Cooling - Corsair Hydro Series H80i Dual
    Case - Cooler Master - CM 690 II Advanced ATX

    Basically I will be doing a lot of gaming, all the newest 3d titles. Currently playing world of warcraft, battlefield 3, farcry 3, crysis 3, bioshock infinite, will be playing pretty much anything and everything coming out. I need the two TB cuz i download a ton of tv episodes and catalog it all to stream on my media center. Im not really asking to suggest brands but to suggest whether the type of component will be fine. Should i get a different cooling or different ram speeds etc, processor type. I dont want to hear that samsung 840 is better, i want to hear that 240gb is too much or too little.
    I'm not really sure what kind of help you are looking for since you don't really seem to want any but I'll give you a few thoughts of mine anyway.

    I would probably get a more modern case like the Corsair or Fractal Design ones. They have a bit more flexibility and also removable dust filters for easier cleaning.
    It would be better to get a H100i instead of the H80i if the case can fit it. The price difference is pretty small.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 05:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    well i plan on eventually overclocking both the cpu and running 2 32" led screens, and as cards get cheaper, crossfiring two 7970's. I dabble in photoshop and plan to video edit, which is why im getting the bluray burn drive
    If you are serious about Photoshopping you should get a proper monitor and not a TV.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  6. #6
    It's not that I dont want help. I am just pointing out that I dont want help that says "buy brand y instead of brand x" Tell me that the 6gb card is not a good investment over the 3gb .. is great, or that the h100 is better performance than the h80i etc. LED tv vs pc monitor is a good example of the feed back im looking for, because thats things i didnt think about. The one guy that pointed out that buying faster speed ram is pointless is good cuz now i can save about 20$ by getting the 1600 speed vs the 1833.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Killora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE, Montana
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    It's not that I dont want help. I am just pointing out that I dont want help that says "buy brand y instead of brand x".
    Recommending different brands is a big part of asking for computer build help. The hardware itself really doesn't need improved upon. The only recommendations at this point would be brand specific...

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire slasher0161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North QLD, Australia
    Posts
    425
    If your lashing out for a 7970 and use photo shop I recommend adding a 24" ips monitor to the set up.
    If you want one with display port
    If you couldn't care for display port
    They are both 23" displays once you get to the market of 24" ips it steps up a bit more in price.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •