Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    OH! :O

You got spider pets?

One thing I've always been interested about spider pets is, how you get the food.... Does it come in a can like turtle or fish food?
    Naw, they won't eat dried or dead stuff, people with tarantulas as pets (or in fact, most inverts and the great majority of lizards), will buy live food for them from a store. You buy tubs of live crickets, mealworms, locusts, roaches, that sort of thing and spiders will eat a few live bugs a week.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Naw, they won't eat dried or dead stuff, people with tarantulas as pets (or in fact, most inverts and the great majority of lizards), will buy live food for them from a store. You buy tubs of live crickets, mealworms, locusts, roaches, that sort of thing and spiders will eat a few live bugs a week.
    That probably means you have to buy food more often than for a cat pet for example. Must be kinda bad if you don't live near a store that sells that food. :/

That probably means you have to buy food more often than for a cat pet for example. Must be kinda bad if you don't live near a store that sells that food. :/
    There are a lot of internet places that deliver it, you'd be amazed how much live food insects are sent in the post. Also, if you just have one pet tarantula, a box of crickets might contain 100 crickets and here in the UK would cost around £2... they only eat a few a week, so as long as you can keep the crickets alive, are very cheap and low maintenance, probably take less time to clean and feed than a goldfish does Of course, if you accidentally drop a box of live crickets in your house then things can get messy.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

I do love looking at spiders, some of the colours and looks are amazing. Just not sure I could actually own one, I'll stick to snakes and hedgehogs!
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    There are a lot of internet places that deliver it, you'd be amazed how much live food insects are sent in the post. Also, if you just have one pet tarantula, a box of crickets might contain 100 crickets and here in the UK would cost around £2... they only eat a few a week, so as long as you can keep the crickets alive, are very cheap and low maintenance, probably take less time to clean and feed than a goldfish does Of course, if you accidentally drop a box of live crickets in your house then things can get messy.
    Ah okay. I was thinking that spiders would like, I don't know, eat a lot like cats but comparing cats to spiders isn't a good idea.

And yeah, if you can keep that many crickets, and alive, it does sound easy. I wouldn't mind having a spider but it doesn't sound like a good idea with a 2 year old in the house. :p

He might squishy or worse.

Ah, spiders, at summer I let them build webs in corners and they kill roaches, mosquitos and flies for me. They're nice.

Here is a picture of my tarantula chilling on my arm. He climbs to the top of the tank I have him in at least once a day and taps on the top of it. When he does this I open it and he crawls onto my hand. I like to pretend he is trying to signal me to come play with him and not trying to escape the home I set up for him.

That is so awesome, Inner. Haha. I think I'd kinda freak out if I had a spider that huge on my arm.

Also, how exactly do you play with a spider?

That is so awesome, Inner. Haha. I think I'd kinda freak out if I had a spider that huge on my arm.

Also, how exactly do you play with a spider?
    I just let him crawl around on me and sometimes I pet his big spider butt. His little spider feet have these dual hook claws on them and they feel really tingly if I let him walk around on me with no shirt on.

That is an older picture. He has seen molted and become bigger and more colourful.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I just let him crawl around on me and sometimes I pet his big spider butt.
    Lol. Doesn't like, silk come out of that zone? Btw, I don't know but do these huge spiders even use silk for anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    His little spider feet have these dual hook claws on them and they feel really tingly if I let him walk around on me with no shirt on.
    Didn't know spiders had claws/hooks on their feet. All spiders or just this kind?

i have a question if this is a spider thread does that mean we will see the demonweb queen of the spiders? or is this a thread for spiders of the mundane mortal world?

also when i was like 7 or 8 i was at our uncles cottage in the woods up north and i left my little tykes tricycle bike thing sitting in the backyard for only 5 minutes and when i came back it was covered with daddy long legs.......eww.and they were crawling all around it up and down and every which way it was wierd. not one square inch was left uncovered.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-17 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i have a question if this is a spider thread does that mean we will see the demonweb queen of the spiders? or is this a thread for spiders of the mundane mortal world?

also when i was like 7 or 8 i was at our uncles cottage in the woods up north and i left my little tykes tricycle bike thing sitting in the backyard for only 5 minutes and when i came back it was covered with daddy long legs.......eww.and they were crawling all around it up and down and every which way it was wierd.
    Those aren't spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Those aren't spiders.
    oh i was told they were. what are they then? they look like spiders or at least like those spider things in mario 64.
    also you didnt answer my first question.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-17 at 05:07 AM.

Lol. Doesn't like, silk come out of that zone? Btw, I don't know but do these huge spiders even use silk for anything?

Didn't know spiders had claws/hooks on their feet. All spiders or just this kind?
    Yes silk comes out of that zone. He has two little spinners that come from his butt that he uses to lay silk down. He uses his silk to cover the substrate of his tank. His house is a hollow log and the whole floor is covered in silk. Sometimes when he walks on me he lays down a trail of silk. I guess if he starts to feel lost maybe he uses it to try and navigate.

I don't know if true spiders have claws on their feet but I think all tarantulas do.

just saw this on another site and thought it perfect to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Those aren't spiders.
    You learn something new every day.

I was about to reply that daddy longlegs are spiders, but apparently, according to wikipedia there are three different insects which go by that same nickname. Any only one of them is a spider.

The ones I personally knew as "daddy longlegs" are Opiliones. I quite like them, they look so funny when they walk on their little stilts ^^.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I'm usually indifferent to spiders, though if I find one in my room, I shall introduce him to Mr Shoe. I do, however, have two fond recollections of their antics.

The first time, my sister and I are watching TV, and I see a spider coming down from the ceiling towards my sister. It stops directly in front of her face, maybe an inch away. She freaked the fuck out (she's a complete arachnophobe, can't even kill her own, regardless of size) and ran screaming.

The second time, pretty much the same thing, except this time it was while she was on the computer. They seem to like dropping in on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm usually indifferent to spiders, though if I find one in my room, I shall introduce him to Mr Shoe.
    D:

“The monks taught me that all life is sacred. Even the life of the tiniest spider-fly caught in its own web.”

I'm usually indifferent to spiders, though if I find one in my room, I shall introduce him to Mr Shoe. I do, however, have two fond recollections of their antics.

The first time, my sister and I are watching TV, and I see a spider coming down from the ceiling towards my sister. It stops directly in front of her face, maybe an inch away. She freaked the fuck out (she's a complete arachnophobe, can't even kill her own, regardless of size) and ran screaming.

The second time, pretty much the same thing, except this time it was while she was on the computer. They seem to like dropping in on her.
    Maybe they want to ask for a date?