Deleted

Gemmed Tao'ren vs. ToT weapons

Hello folks.

I'm curious if the 5.2 weapons from Throne of Thunder can beat a legendary gemmed and extra socketed Tao'ren (normal or heroic version). This is a simple question, I expect helpful comments, since I am a little bit confused by the legendary gem upgrade. It compensates the damage and agility difference?

Thanks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok

5.0 you got a legendary gem for sha touched weapons
    5.1 you got a socket that can be put on a sha touched weapons
    5.2 you will get a Legendary Meta gem. ToT weapons will beat Sha touched weapons. the socket you get in 5.1 will be able to put on ToT weapons. The only thing that you do not see anymore of is the 5.0 legendary int/str/agi gem

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the quick and helpful response

Deleted
    Ya, even the normal version of Miracoran will be better than gemmed and twice upgraded Tao'ren. Quite a lot actually, you'll be trading like 320 extra agi for 650 dps and quite a lot of extra secondary stats.

Heroic 2/2 Taoren still better than any of the new normal mode weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Ya, even the normal version of Miracoran will be better than gemmed and twice upgraded Tao'ren. Quite a lot actually, you'll be trading like 320 extra agi for 650 dps and quite a lot of extra secondary stats.
    2/2 upgraded heroic Taoren still looks better than normal 5.2 weapons. Taking norm. Miracoran as example, you gain ~260 wdps, 160 crit, 100 mastery, but lose 370agi and 145 haste.

Yes, H taoren 2/2 upgraded is better than all the normal weapons. 5 ilvl difference isn't that big and all that agi is huge.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Just checking, do we have official confirmation that the extra socket can be applied to any of the 5.2 raid weapons? I remember seeing this mentioned several times but I don't recall a blue post on the subject. Before I add code to support this I want to make sure I'm not just working on rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Just checking, do we have official confirmation that the extra socket can be applied to any of the 5.2 raid weapons? I remember seeing this mentioned several times but I don't recall a blue post on the subject. Before I add code to support this I want to make sure I'm not just working on rumor.
    Yes, it is confirmed. If you go to the front page and scroll down to the very bottom you can see:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Eye of the Black Prince will be able to be used on new Epic Weapons

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

For making a quick estimate, assume the legendary gem (not including the prismatic socket) tends to add about 7 ilvls worth of damage. It's not exact, but it's a reasonable estimate (meaning, as noted, 2/2 H-Taoren is better than normal mode ToT weapons, by a tiny bit).

Deleted
    Taoren hc 517 > for bm / sv due to how shitty pure weapondamage scales for both specs for mm (if that spec ever becomes viable in 5.2) normal TotH wep > taoren hc but only by a small margin