Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

With the ability to upgrade items being gone in 5.2; what happens to BiS items?

I'm wondering about this because I'm afraid there might be an item in our current tier that could be a BiS item in 5.2 when upgraded.

Did anybody do any math on this?

Deleted
    I dont think so. Upgrading is worth 8 ilvl, ilvl on 5.2 is 26 ilvl higher than on 5.1 if I remember correctly (496 on normal for 5.1, 522 on normal mode 5.2)

So, a fully upgraded 5.1 items will be 18 ilvl less than 5.2 gear, thats a lot. Even if badly itemized, it'll be better than 5.1 gear.

Anyway, you should've already upgraded you best pieces of gear, and the difference would be so minimal it wouldnt even be noticeable.

Deleted
    It's really simple.
    5.2 normal is 522 ilevel
    5.1 heroic up is 509+8=517

Conslusion : go for 5.2

With valor point reset. You shouldjust upgrade as much as possible. All upgrades You can Get before a new tier is great

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    It's really simple.
    5.2 normal is 522 ilevel
    5.1 heroic up is 509+8=517

Conslusion : go for 5.2
    Obvious shortcut....
    So you think ilvl is everything about judging how good an item is ?
    I remember pretty well Cataclysm and Sinestra's trinket (T11) wich was much better that any other trinket during T12 and even some of T13.
    Yeah ilvl... sure....

Deleted
    Sha of fear's trinket hc is probably the best option and you won't replace it until some heroic trinket from 5.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    Obvious shortcut....
    I remember pretty well Cataclysm and Sinestra's trinket (T11) wich was much better that any other trinket during T12 and even some of T13.
    Yeah ilvl... sure....
    Trinkets are the exception to the point.

Most of the time if the ilvl difference is quite big and even if its badly itemised,the item with the bigger ilvl will be better. For example : take a perfectly itemized 476 bracer, and take a less perfect 496 one, most of the time, the 496 will win, because a lot more stats, thats all .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Sha of fear's trinket hc is probably the best option and you won't replace it until some heroic trinket from 5.2
    Very unlikely considering this trinket:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94510
    Its an ilvl 522 version of the sha trinket that's been scaled appropriately. I hope it isn't just a placeholder because it will be the best vp trinket we've had in a long time.

We have a lot of trinket options in 5.2.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-02-12 at 09:44 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have heroic elite gear from Protectors (516+8=524), this is nothing to worry about. And it won't be BiS once you get into 5.2 HMs.

Deleted
    When you check all trinket, you can see that Blizzard want player to change it.
    What did we have :

Stacking Intel
    • Wushoolay's Final Choice - Hit + intel proc (10 stack)
    Proc on DoT
    • Breath of the Hydra - haste + intel proc (10s)
    Proc on Crit
    • Cha'Ye's Essence of Brillance - crit + intel proc (10s)
    Proc on Damage
    • Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen - intel + crit proc (4s - 100%)
    Proc on Spell Hit
    • Volatile Talisman - intel + haste proc (10s) - reputation (522 only)

As we can see, we have a great variety of trinket. The "proc on Crit" was the counterpart of the "proc on DoT".

With all duration standardized to 10s, my question is : normal trinket proc with short ICD or real-PPM proc system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    Obvious shortcut....
    Yeah ilvl... sure....
    Shard of Woe is not a good example because it significantly altered mechanics of playing arcane. There are no items this tier that make anywhere near that sort of impact on playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    With valor point reset. You shouldjust upgrade as much as possible. All upgrades You can Get before a new tier is great
    I'm sorry did you just say there will be a valor reset going in to 5.2.... I hope this is wrong but if not then I will be upgrading my gear

yes all valor point will be changed to JP ane gold beyound jp cap
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

If you're fire, hit+crit 517 is probably better than 522 haste+mastery. Similar situations for frost/arcane. Some old upgraded hc items will be bis until 5.3/hc/thunderforged.

Deleted
    ^If you are fire you are fucked any way, at least for trinkets. 10s duration is a nightmare for fire mages.. and the crit trinket is also meh.. 4s is a really really short time to try and line things up. and hit is already getting pretty useless.

as fire in 5.2 i know we get a lot better gear that with scaling will properly make fire competitive again, but it is going to be a pain just seeing those 10s of proc go by without crits lining up.

Real question now that VP isn't getting converted is whether to use it all on upgrades or 5.2 VP items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Real question now that VP isn't getting converted is whether to use it all on upgrades or 5.2 VP items.
    Assuming the raid/lfr realease is the same as 5.0 I'm saving 1250 vp for the neck which you can get at neutral and spending the rest on upgrades.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Assuming the raid/lfr realease is the same as 5.0 I'm saving 1250 vp for the neck which you can get at neutral and spending the rest on upgrades.
    also gotta keep in mind all vp items will require you to do dailies and rep requirement so item upgrade will probably the way to go for end game raiders

if you are casual guild i would say keep the vp under 2k(since its going to capping over 3k vp isnt good)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    also gotta keep in mind all vp items will require you to do dailies and rep requirement so item upgrade will probably the way to go for end game raiders

if you are casual guild i would say keep the vp under 2k(since its going to capping over 3k vp isnt good)
    VP items require rep from the raid not dailies. You start at neutral with the shado-pan assault and can buy your neck straight away unless you physically can't get to the vendor.

This is even more relevant for mages since our lowest ilvl piece of gear is our neck.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I'm sorry did you just say there will be a valor reset going in to 5.2.... I hope this is wrong but if not then I will be upgrading my gear
    It was supposed to be reset. But blizzard changed tyst again to not reset valor points

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.