Every class should have something unique to serve the others.

Every class should have something unique to serve the others.

I was thinking. Mages have portals/teleports which they can use to serve the other classes. Rogues has lockpicking to serve the other classes. I think more classes should have something to serve other classes as well outside of battles. I won't include Mage's conjure food because it is meant to help you in fights.

What should other classes need to have a service-skill (exclude professions and exclude fight-tools):

Death Knight: Path of Frost (Creates a freezing aura which creates ice beneath your feet, giving you water walking. Lasts for 3 min.) Their current path of frost skill changes into this.
    Druid: Symbiosis
    Hunter: Catch Pet (Catch Battle Pets outside pet-battles. Will be counted as loot (need/greed/roll etc..) in party when catched.)
    Mage: Portals/teleports
    Monk:
    Paladin: Enlighted Weapon (a skill to lock durability on a certain weapon for 10 min. Only 1 weapon can be enlighted at the same time.)
    Priest: Divine Reflection (When you die, your spirit will immediately reflected back to your body. When ressurected you cannot be targeted for 10 seconds by any player/npc or unless you start attacking yourself. Lasts 30 minutes and doesn't work inside dungeons/raids/battlegrounds/arena's)
    Rogue: Lockpicking
    Shaman:
    Warlock: Summoning portal + Demonic portal
    Warrior: Harden Armor (a skill to lock durability on a certain armorpiece for 10 min. Only 1 armorpiece can be hardened at the same time.)

* Green are new *

What do you think? What are your ideas?
    Try to be original and don't put portal or teleport everywhere.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-02-15 at 01:41 PM.

Monks offer Meditation. If you meditate enough times your character eventually reaches nirvana and you no longer care about petty, earthly matters such as doing so many dailies or losing loot rolls ever again.

Warlocks already have a summoning portal to get people into instances. Plus they have demonic gateways so everyone can get somewhere faster. Oh and they also have healthstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    Warlocks already have a summoning portal to get people into instances. Plus they have demonic gateways so everyone can get somewhere faster. Oh and they also have healthstones.
    Also healthstones
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Uniqueness died when wotlk was released. Its world of homogenization now.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    why wrath? there was a great deal of unique skills/class quests still in the game in wrath

i do partially agree with the WoH statement tho =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    too much differentiation = no balance;
    too little differentiation = everybody is the same;

blizzard is trying to strike for a happy medium where there's some balance and some differentiation for everyone, but people will always complain that the cup is half empty.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Give each class a 1 flying mount and 1 ground mount and all classes have a unique mount , oh locks-dks-pallys dont qq and especialy not druids with thier instant flight forms its just rather unfair imo.

Deleted
    Shamans already got water walking and used to have underwater breathing but it got removed.

Tbh one thing i would like to see is every class/spec to have a execute type spell instead.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2013-02-15 at 01:55 PM.

For PvE raiding/challenge dungeons, results too much to exclude one class in favor of another. Concept is good, but exclusion isn't. I always wanted to create a 10-man raiding team with one toon of every class, but never was able to bring that to fruition (of course, that's not possible now since there's 11 classes).

There's several things I think have hurt WoW, mostly all of which relate to it being, rather un-MMO-like, more soloable and pugable rather than aiming for players to establish camaraderie with other players to accomplish their goals and objectives. While homogenization does contribute to that solo/pugable aspect, I believe that in the bigger picture it's better for the game so you don't necessarily have to exclude someone who plays an identical class. Talent, spec and glyph choices offer some variations.

Class specifics quests and stories. All for that, 100-percent.

Deleted
    Hardcore gamers ruined WoW. Their furious need for perfect balance created this homogenisation. Unique mechanics are exploitable, so instead we get identical mechanics with unique animations.