View Poll Results: Poll

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orcs

    75 26.41%
  • Forsaken

    209 73.59%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Mechagnome KenjiEvans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world in my head.
    Posts
    655
    Orc obviously!

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    That generally falls under acceptance, because to embrace something you have to accept it by definition.
    Embracing something is different than merely accepting it. And you even said there are 4 major schools of thought. That means there are others.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

    Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

  3. #343
    Legendary! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Their society might have glorified battle, but they didn't go rampaging across the entire planet killing everything in sight. They had a moral code and spiritual guidance to keep their natural thirst for battle in check. The Legion robbed them of this. An entire generation was bred under the madness induced by the Blood Curse. These Orcs were accelerated into adulthood. They skipped so many developmental processes of childhood that are crucial for morality, personality, identity, emotions, social relations, problem solving, and culture.
    And are those the same orcs that live now in Orgrimmar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

  4. #344
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,353
    still the forsaken.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ praise the Helix ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And are those the same orcs that live now in Orgrimmar?
    Yea, which is why all It took was a guy who says the right things to get almost every orc to turn into a warmonger. Just like Gul'Dan had Ner'Zhul doing.

    Regardless of them having their ancestors at one time to keep them in check, the Orcish Social Code has always been flawed. They put so much value on honour and strength, that the moment someone tells them a fellow race is insulting their honour and questioning their strength, be it by fighting back or simply existing (as was the Draenei case), then they all start frothing at the mouth. If the orcs don't change their values after SoO, another Garrosh is eventually going to pop out.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yea, which is why all It took was a guy who says the right things to get almost every orc to turn into a warmonger. Just like Gul'Dan had Ner'Zhul doing.

    Regardless of them having their ancestors at one time to keep them in check, the Orcish Social Code has always been flawed. They put so much value on honour and strength, that the moment someone tells them a fellow race is insulting their honour and questioning their strength, be it by fighting back or simply existing (as was the Draenei case), then they all start frothing at the mouth. If the orcs don't change their values after SoO, another Garrosh is eventually going to pop out.
    Ummm, no... They were mislead to believe the Draenei were going to murder them all. It'd be as if a Naaru appeared to Velen and told him their only hope for survival was to preemptively attack the Orcs. They coexisted just fine for 1000 years. Durotan even rushed towards the portal to save a Draenei baby.

    Thrall did try to change their values. But there is only so much you can do in a few years to change the mentality so ingrained into a society. He never restored the spiritual leader role of Elder Shaman.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-19 at 07:10 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

    Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •