Deleted

Frost mage - what weapon to replace Jin'ya with

Hi
    SO I am playing Frost at the moment. After some rare luck in Terrace Normal yesterday, I managed to get 2 weapons.
    1)Regail's Crackling Dagger (503)from Protector's elite mode
    2) Loshan, Terror Incarnate (496)
    My current weapon is Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker(LFR) which I have upgraded to 491 and is gemmed with the epic gem. Keep in mind, which weapon I use will be upgraded (since I am dangerously close to the VP cap and there are 2 more weeks atleast to go to 5.2) However I don't see any point in buying a new Sha-touched gem. The only offhand I have right now is Tornado-Summoning Censer(LFR).

With all this in account, any recommendations on what weapon to use? Regail has no haste but the highest amount of spellpower. Loshan has haste, but the offhand has no haste (this is true for Regail as well). My current weapon has maximum haste but has lowest spellpower overall! This leaves me with quite the trilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More than likely Regail's in your situation, as that's the least costly... also assuming you haven't built up the 6k valor quest / did the 2 BGs + boss for a prismatic socket as well, not that it would matter.

Loshan, fully upgraded with the 500+ int with these in mind DO equal to be more SP (+42 last I checked) than Regail's, however.
    Upon the bed and almost dead
    She looked down on me
    From the tapestry threads her hand did reach
    My spirit now set free...

I suggest you upgrade two times your Regail's Crackling Dagger and keep it. Even with the Sha-touched gem + the socket added, Loshan, Terror Incarnate with two upgrades is a little inferior than the Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger with same level of upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I suggest you upgrade two times your Regail's Crackling Dagger and keep it. Even with the Sha-touched gem + the socket added, Loshan, Terror Incarnate with two upgrades is a little inferior than the Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger with same level of upgrades.
    AMR says loshan is better than Elite Regail Dagger !?

I find it also weird than 6ilvl can compete with +500 Intel +320 haste, and if (I said if), he's human, its also gives 1% hit.

I didnt do the math (cause i'm bad at math) but do you have any data to corroborate what you are saying ? Thanks.

If you're not willing to buy another sha-gem, there's no real contest here. Offhand is irrelevant since you'll be using the same with either weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you're not willing to buy another sha-gem, there's no real contest here.
    Pretty much this.

If you can afford a sha-touched gem loshan is the better weapon for frost. (if you get the gem from the vp vendor you get the guild discount)

Just so you know here's the actual stat difference between the two assuming 2/2 upgrades and that regails has an int/hit gem:

Loshan:
    +32.4 Spellpower
    +367 Haste
    +183 Crit
    -387 Mastery
    -160 Hit

I didn't include intellect because I converted it to spellpower and crit.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice guys! Finally went with Regail, sinceI didn't want to spend 9K on a gem, 2 weeks before new content. It seems the new weapons will have a lot more spellpower anyway Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Pretty much this.

If you can afford a sha-touched gem loshan is the better weapon for frost. (if you get the gem from the vp vendor you get the guild discount)

Just so you know here's the actual stat difference between the two assuming 2/2 upgrades and that regails has an int/hit gem:

Loshan:
    +32.4 Spellpower
    +367 Haste
    +183 Crit
    -387 Mastery
    -160 Hit

I didn't include intellect because I converted it to spellpower and crit.
    I think it is actually more of an upgrade than that if you factor in the sha gem AND the socket you get from the next part of the quest. Using the ratio of 1:1.6 for int/spellpower (and with both weapons upgraded 2/2), loshan gives a total of roughly 9507 spell power and regail's only gives 9011 (assuming you gem with a purple gem).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    I think it is actually more of an upgrade than that if you factor in the sha gem AND the socket you get from the next part of the quest. Using the ratio of 1:1.6 for int/spellpower (and with both weapons upgraded 2/2), loshan gives a total of roughly 9507 spell power and regail's only gives 9011 (assuming you gem with a purple gem).
    The ratio is 1:1.155 :P

And yes once you add the extra prismatic socket loshan definitely becomes the better option.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory