Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A new low for Blizzard

I haven't been subscribed to WoW for the last 9 months, but yet, all of a sudden Blizzard started billing me 12.99£ a month again, which happened 2 months ago. Sadly I didn't notice before now, so yeah, money down the drain.

Is Blizzards economy really so bad that they need to abuse the credential info they have stored on their customers to exploit them for money?

Deleted
    There is/has to be more to this.

Contact Blizzard, if nothing else Blizzard can be exceptionally fair.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you have been hacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had authenticator on account for as long as I can remember, and my credit card information shouldn't have been available to them either :S

Deleted
    Yeeeaaah.. Blizzard wouldn't do that.

You either got hacked or fucked up something yourself, or they fucked up something. Either way, call them and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    I haven't been subscribed to WoW for the last 9 months, but yet, all of a sudden Blizzard started billing me 12.99£ a month again, which happened 2 months ago. Sadly I didn't notice before now, so yeah, money down the drain.

Is Blizzards economy really so bad that they need to abuse the credential info they have stored on their customers to exploit them for money?
    Are you really that daft, that you believe that?

Seriously, just call them and get this fixed instead of complaining on a forum.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Had authenticator on account for as long as I can remember, and my credit card information shouldn't have been available to them either :S
    They used credit card information they didnt previously have?.. sounds like an interesting story..

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure the money was to activate your account?
    have a friend who plays wow, maybe they helped themselves?

Blizz would have access to your credit card information if you've paid with
    that exact card before. Whether you're subscribed or not, that information stays
    with the account.

Beyond everything, coming here to cry about it won't get anything done about it.
    What you really need to do is CALL BLIZZARD and talk to them about it. If they really
    did charge your credit card without your permission something can definitely be done about it.

**edit: had a peek at the Blizz EU store...
    Game time is listed as - EUR 12,99 / £8.99
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2013-02-15 at 01:03 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Yeah, no. Blizz aren't doing this intentionally. If they were, people would know about it, it'd be in the news, and the shitstorm would be immense.

I strongly suggest you contact Blizzard and sort it out with them, instead of make sensationalist posts on these forums to rile people up over what is probably a complete non-issue.

So they have not got your credit card information - how did they take the money? I would contact them as soon as possible - and have a word with your friends/girlfriend/boyfriend/partner as to who could have set you up.

Small detail I just noticed - monthly payment is about the £8.99 mark not $12.99. Are you sure it is Blizzard taken the money? Sounds more as if you have been hacked by someone 'pretending' to be Blizz.

Or possibly, you are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Are you really that daft, that you believe that?

Seriously, just call them and get this fixed instead of complaining on a forum.
    sadly, this is the way people deal with stuff now.. they are incapable of doing/fixing something without moaning about it to '000's of others..

So instead of calling them straight away, you thought it more important to smacktalk them on a forum?

No, their economy certainly ain't so bad that they need your money, so there's gotta be something more to this than the usual "Waah waah Blizzard is teh devil!"...They might not to things right according to tons of whinging players, but these are professional people with a HUGE company in the public eye...of course they wouldn't start taking money from people that has unsubbed -_-.

Come on OP...Everyone can hate Blizzard, rightfully so inn many cases, but this? Can we get a lock, especially cause of such misleading attention seeking title.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account

£12.99 per month?

Credit Card details they don't have?

Companies don't do this intentionally, it could of happened by mistake.

Anyway, it's basically a direct debit, contact your bank and get the money back (check direct debit indemnity claim).

Personally, I think you're a troll or you have been hacked and it's not even Blizz taking your money.

you can get you money back, friend of mine didnt know he was still paying for WoW, after a month he discovered, made a ticket, gm viewed his account and saw he didnt log in that month, so got money back.

Blizzard is on the up and up to give a refund for any mistakes

Though Bli$zad.net.iamscammingulol.com might not be as scrupulous

Either phone your bank and Blizzard support and get this ironed out or you been scammed big time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out the thought process that led you to think that this was in any way intentional from them, and not a screw up from either you, them, or a third party. Not to mention your first move should have been calling them, not tell us on a forum. Money and credit card info is a serious matter, your first action should have been to immediately try to figure out what the hell happened. Do it. Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Like always when people blame Blizzard, there is more to thr story than people tell at first...
    Move along, people. Nothing new to see here.

came in expecting this to be someone complaining about dailies/lfr/pandas. was pleasantly surprised O-O

if someone really thinks a company that made millions of dollars this year would go out of their way to steal 15 bucks lolz
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

Is Blizzards economy really so bad that they need to abuse the credential info they have stored on their customers to exploit them for money?[/QUOTE]

Jesus, are you that retarded? Contact blizz / your bank. There will be an explanation. I used to work for a bank, and 9 times out of 10 when customers start crying irrationally about payments claiming fraud etc, turns out it was indeed their own doing.