1. #1

    5.2 release date

    sry for asking, but has anyone heart something official? the date i know is actually 27.02.2013 or 06.03.2013.
    or has anyone heard of something later?

  2. #2
    Feb 26th in US 27th in EU is the targeting date they set, unless something happens that they need to fix that takes longer thats the date it should launch.

  3. #3
    My guts say that it will be on the 5th/6th because the arena two week warning hasn't been given yet.

  4. #4
    26th was ment to be the original date, however they recently decided not to roll over valor points into justice points and mentioned that everyone has time to get capped (which will take 3 weeks, bringing the date to the 6th)


    AddOn Author of: SpellNotReadyYet, Rune of Powa

  5. #5
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,365
    They never set a date, they said that they were aiming for the last week of February, but later posted that you'd have time to cap your valor at 3k (which takes 3 weeks), so it can't be the 26th/27th of February.... Sadly.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  6. #6
    Zarhym also noted when he announced that they were not going to reset VP that there was still time to fully cap before the patch, which also pointed to the 5th at the earliest (3 weeks of capping).

  7. #7
    Good points with that in mind March 5th in the US and 6th in EU looks more likely.

  8. #8
    First (full) week of march is the earliest it can happen now, but that's all we know. There is no set release date yet.

  9. #9
    Target date of Feb. 26th, as has been stated, but the lack of a PvP-season ending warning and Zarhym's post about Valor makes it seem like they're going to be off that target. Personally, I would expect it to be the first or second week of March.

    It's a very safe bet to assume that the patch will be out in more than 2 weeks if we don't have an arena season end announcement yet.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    26th was ment to be the original date, however they recently decided not to roll over valor points into justice points and mentioned that everyone has time to get capped (which will take 3 weeks, bringing the date to the 6th)
    This depends on how much you want to read into what he said, and how accurate he was being. Technically, he made that post 2/12 (Tuesday, aka fresh 0/1000 VP cap) at ~8:00 PM PST. It is conceivable that some people could have already capped for the week (probably very few, but it's possible) on Tues (before his post was made) or earned a decent # of VP's and spent them, putting them back at say 0 or 100 out of 3000. In which case it would take that person 3 weeks starting on 2/19, which would mean in order for this person to cap 3000 before the patch drops, it would have to drop on 3/12 (week of 2/19, 2/26, and 3/5 being the weeks they work towards capping).

    But yeah, I'm probably digging too much into it. Either way 3/5 or 3/12 in the US is probably a safe bet.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-15 at 04:49 PM.

  11. #11
    High Overlord daedralord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nagrand EU
    Posts
    138
    could this be firelands all over again?

    maybe not, but they said that firelands would be on time, we saw what happend there
    Never trust a computer you cant throw out of a window

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    so it can't be the 26th/27th of February.... Sadly.
    I disagree with the use of the term "sadly". I do not think it's sad to delay a patch until it has been tested and is ready. A lot of people want new material, this is true, but that is no reason to rush an unfinished product to market.

  13. #13
    feb 26th is the estimated date however since there wasnt an end of pvp thingamajig which always comes 2 weeks before a patch comes out then it can be assumed it will come a week after feb 26
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #14
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    It should be delayed till at least April/May.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    26th was ment to be the original date, however they recently decided not to roll over valor points into justice points and mentioned that everyone has time to get capped (which will take 3 weeks, bringing the date to the 6th)
    What difference does capping make if you can't roll over? Justice Points will not be worth much unless you want the gold.. but saving valor just to have them be converted is rather silly.. you should USE them while you can....

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by raqi View Post
    sry for asking, but has anyone heart something official? the date i know is actually 27.02.2013 or 06.03.2013.
    or has anyone heard of something later?

    I think you are ALL wrong, I have seen no dates. Not that it makes me an authority, but since it's not public knowledge, that tells me it will be much later. MoP was roughly 11/27. So 4 months is usual turn around for patch, I am predicting April before we see a 5.2 patch. 4/3/13

  16. #16
    The Patient eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Archery Range
    Posts
    296
    Hey, I don't mind waiting until the first or second week of March because then it gives me more time to upgrade some pieces of gear

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    I think you are ALL wrong, I have seen no dates. Not that it makes me an authority, but since it's not public knowledge, that tells me it will be much later. MoP was roughly 11/27. So 4 months is usual turn around for patch, I am predicting April before we see a 5.2 patch. 4/3/13
    They already gave a target date of 2/26. And they missed that date (because the PvP season ending warning hasn't come, and it's been evidenced in the "keep your VP" post). It's not going to be a full month and a week off the target date, else they wouldn't have given a date at all. 3/19 at the latest most likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •