Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

NEWS: Gene mutation in asians explains distinctive traits

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/sc...=re-share&_r=0

Gaining a deep insight into human evolution, researchers have identified a mutation in a critical human gene as the source of several distinctive traits that make East Asians different from other races. The traits — thicker hair shafts, more sweat glands, characteristically identified teeth and smaller breasts — are the result of a gene mutation that occurred about 35,000 years ago, the researchers have concluded.
    So when it starts stinking sweat, don't blame the asians.

Discuss.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-02-15 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I personally think that the OP should have stated his/her own opinion when making a thread. And second i would like to ask the OP what exactly there is to discuss? You have simply stated a newly discovered fact. If you wan't a discussion on anything specific please enlighten me.

Would be the same as if i said: Mass = Energy*momentum. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I personally think that the OP should have stated his/her own opinion when making a thread. And second i would like to ask the OP what exactly there is to discuss? You have simply stated a newly discovered fact. If you wan't a discussion on anything specific please enlighten me.

Your equation is wrong.

Edit: I feel like i should add something on topic not to get infracted ...

Well yeah. Evolution is just the process of random mutations becoming predominant in a population. Was anyone shocked by this ?
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-15 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post

I'm not sure what to say, I have always noticed asians having thicker hair, but differences in the teeth, smaller breasts, not really. If somebody is sweating, it's usually never the asian.

So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Your equation is wrong.
    lol yeah... i just woke up don't blame me!

Wow, this has to be the most revolutionary thing ever. Races have individual traits because of genetic mutation!!!!!!111! WHO would've thought!

Deleted
    I must be the only one thinking this is interesting. ._.

Deleted
    whatever this research is bullsh1t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiton View Post
    whatever this research is bullsh1t
    Why do you think that?

Deleted
    so, we know know the exact genes that cause DFC and Yaeba?

*puts on his MAD SCIENTIST lab coat and does the appropriate laugh*

Deleted
    I think it's interesing how once upon a time, smaller breasts were a positive trait. While there are men who thinks that nowadays, it's not as common compared to those who like bigger breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Your equation is wrong.

Edit: I feel like i should add something on topic not to get infracted ...

Well yeah. Evolution is just the process of random mutations becoming predominant in a population. Was anyone shocked by this ?
    thats how i felt. what did people think magical dragons came and made asians look different or something?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think it's interesing how once upon a time, smaller breasts were a positive trait. While there are men who thinks that nowadays, it's not as common compared to those who like bigger breasts.
    Kind of like how a more robust physique was historically more attractive.

I really don't mean this offensively, but I have a feeling some mod out there is going to infract me for it because whatever, but if you haven't smelled the sweat of a Korean, you really have to. It smells extremely different from other people. It's insane how different it is. If I walk into a locker room and a Korean is there sweating, without even seeing him I can tell that he's Korean.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what did people think magical dragons came and made asians look different or something?
    Wait, are you saying that dragons *weren't* involved?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Wow, this has to be the most revolutionary thing ever. Races have individual traits because of genetic mutation!!!!!!111! WHO would've thought!
    Well, there was a thread recently where some claimed the very existence of races was a nonsense... Certainly they'll find something to discuss
    The word is so charged and its meaning so twistable that it's pretty much impossible to actually discuss, of course.

I for one found that interesting Megalodon, thanks for sharing !

10+ Year Old Account
    did you find this new fact racist and offensive?

I'm not sure what to say, I have always noticed asians having thicker hair, but differences in the teeth, smaller breasts, not really. If somebody is sweating, it's usually never the asian.

So yeah.
    oh please. i suppose you have never been to an asian country or seen them on tv? the vast majority of asians have small breasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats how i felt. what did people think magical dragons came and made asians look different or something?
    Hey, just because it was evolution, doesn't mean that evolution couldn't have been caused by the dragons!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    did you find this new fact racist and offensive?

oh please. i suppose you have never been to an asian country or seen them on tv? the vast majority of asians have small breasts.
    Nope, never been to an asian country. I don't like generalizing without facts, so if I see an asian woman with small breasts I don't think "Oh, she has small breasts because she's asian" I think "She has small breasts because women have a tendency to have small breasts."

Edit: Actually I do tend to generalize without facts, but you know, I try not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed View Post
    Well, there was a thread recently where some claimed the very existence of races was a nonsense... Certainly they'll find something to discuss
    The word is so charged and its meaning so twistable that it's pretty much impossible to actually discuss, of course.

I for one found that interesting Megalodon, thanks for sharing !
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-02-15 at 02:58 PM.