10+ Year Old Account

Replay system on the PBE!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=34654107

Riot has now put a replay system on the PBE. In their thread on reddit they said it might take awhile to get everything sorted out, and for it to go live, but finally!

It's one of the highest demanded things from the community and it is excellent to see it finally implemented. I wonder how they are going to distribute the files though. I can watch a VOD of a tournament game if I want to see what happened and how it was casted etc, but if I can get a replay of a tournament game I can watch a specific lane and just see the player's mechanics and how they play. Like say if Wickd played Jarvan top lane, I could study the replay and see what he was doing to improve my own gameplay.

Imo this is waaay overdue, but they are finally doing it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you didn't read the full post.

1) Games played are available for 7 days in the replay on Riot's Server.
    2) Any game you watch (if only for a small bit) becomes stored on your computer (takes around 5Mb)
    3) The locally stored games can be transferred to other people who can then watch it by dragging it into the open game.

Either way this means u can watch the video briefly, then send the replays to other ppl!!
    Have a particularly epic game? Wish ur friends could see it? NOW U CAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Win: Replays file are in a proprietary format with a .ROFL file extension. (Replay OF LoL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I guess you didn't read the full post.

1) Games played are available for 7 days in the replay on Riot's Server.
    2) Any game you watch (if only for a small bit) becomes stored on your computer (takes around 5Mb)
    3) The locally stored games can be transferred to other people who can then watch it by dragging it into the open game.
    Nope! Only read the post on reddit lol. That does answer my question lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, one additional thing:
    It's tied to the Spectator mode, so Bot games won't be saved for replay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Oh, one additional thing:
    It's tied to the Spectator mode, so Bot games won't be saved for replay.
    Then custom games where you disable spectating would have no replays either. Not really even a consideration for the average joe, but I bet that makes the pro teams really happy that there can't be some sort of debacle about their strats getting leaked if a replay file goes stray.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they did say that. Those will have a replay. Custom games -are- tied to the Spectator mode. AI games aren't even tied to it.

Those replays will just be private, apparently.

Great news, but honestly this took long enough. Lol recorder was good, but never really good and seeing that it was created by one rioter as a mod (if I am not mistaken) I cant see why s/he was not given a team to do this as soon as Lol recorder became popular. Anyway glad to have it, always good to see where you went wrong in a game and it was very hard /annoying to do with the old lol recorder until now.