Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not really impressed, does this small boost really change anything?
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm not really impressed, does this small boost really change anything?
    It probably won't change enough to make PI competitive on the fights where DI and ToF are more appropriate currently. But if there is ever another Spine of Deathwing fight, it might make it worthwhile for burst fights like that (over ToF or DI).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

PI stacks with Bloodlust (yay), it now also increases damage done as well as Haste (with Haste already being a staple of a DoT spec since 3.2-3.3), which is also huge. The only thing that is really missing is make it scale with Mind Bla-- oh wait. :-/

At least it does have the effect of "Here, you want a burst cooldown, spec it".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Actually according to my spreadsheets, its looking like with PI, SW:I and the LMG... I can take my priest... in ilvl 491 gear, and probably spike to around 350k-400k dps for about 15 seconds during bloodlust. I'm neatening up the work, and seeing how I can squeeze a bit more out, but I'll probably have it up on H2P next week (working all weekend). Waiting to see if they nerf berserking.

with 8085 haste, popping Berserking+PI on a LMG proc during bloodlust results in 219% spell haste. During that time, DP will do around 186k dps by itself. Then you should be able to fit 5 full SW:I's within the DP duration. (SW:I will channel over 0.93 secs) That's around another 180k dps for those 5 seconds. Note that means SW:P and VT also have a period of 0.93 secs, while DP ticks every 0.31 secs.

DP and SW:P gain 11 ticks (19 in total), VT gains 10 (16 in total).

This 10% damage, and being able to stack with BL is huge.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2013-02-16 at 10:20 AM.

Why do you all speak about Shadow? This is mostly a buff for Discipline as PI is a Talent most Disc Priests chose.

Deleted
    .... You serious? It's a cooldown, it should also be a possible choice for SP. As it was, it sucked. Now you can consider taking it.

Deleted
    If it stacks with BL this talent should be pretty good. With t15 2-set & Unerring Vision of Lei Shen, dots would have 20% more haste for entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    As far as I know, it DOESN'T STACK with BL, which is a big gripe from a large part of the community regarding the talent, since warlocks' haste bonus (can't remember if it's a CD or passive) does. However, if I remember correctly, Unholy DK's Unholy frenzy doesn't stack with BL either, but I'm not certain (used to play on my DK in Cata, haven't in MoP).

On a side note, I think that PI does stack with the new haste meta-gem, and so does BL. However, all 3 don't stack. Can anybody please certify this?
    It does in fact stack.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=101#2005

Deleted
    Read the latest news, UV is not so good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Actually according to my spreadsheets, its looking like with PI, SW:I and the LMG... I can take my priest... in ilvl 491 gear, and probably spike to around 350k-400k dps for about 15 seconds during bloodlust. I'm neatening up the work, and seeing how I can squeeze a bit more out, but I'll probably have it up on H2P next week (working all weekend). Waiting to see if they nerf berserking.

with 8085 haste, popping Berserking+PI on a LMG proc during bloodlust results in 219% spell haste. During that time, DP will do around 186k dps by itself. Then you should be able to fit 5 full SW:I's within the DP duration. (SW:I will channel over 0.93 secs) That's around another 180k dps for those 5 seconds. Note that means SW:P and VT also have a period of 0.93 secs, while DP ticks every 0.31 secs.

DP and SW:P gain 11 ticks (19 in total), VT gains 10 (16 in total).

This 10% damage, and being able to stack with BL is huge.
    i have a hard time believing we would be allowed to such dps even if its only for 5 seconds. Either something is wrong with your calculations or blizzard hasn't noticed a flaw in their design yet. Either way, i hope we'll do decent burst now. Im tired on only being able to push 210k with almost perfect trinket/weapon procs + good DI procs for a DP on top of all my other cd's. Other classes seem to do 250k or more on almost every pull with less gear than me
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    i have a hard time believing we would be allowed to such dps even if its only for 5 seconds. Either something is wrong with your calculations or blizzard hasn't noticed a flaw in their design yet. Either way, i hope we'll do decent burst now. Im tired on only being able to push 210k with almost perfect trinket/weapon procs + good DI procs for a DP on top of all my other cd's. Other classes seem to do 250k or more on almost every pull with less gear than me
    It's not that bizzare really, a destro lock spamming 3-4 chaos bolts (not to mention havoc) during cooldowns can do well over 400k DPS for those casts. Warriors during Avatar/Reckless/Skull Banner can maintain it for about 10 seconds (particularly during Execute range). I don't know how big Ele or Ret numbers are particularly - but given they burst almost as well during their cooldowns, I suspect they can get almost as high and last longer (15-20ish seconds).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's not that bizzare really, a destro lock spamming 3-4 chaos bolts (not to mention havoc) during cooldowns can do well over 400k DPS for those casts. Warriors during Avatar/Reckless/Skull Banner can maintain it for about 10 seconds (particularly during Execute range). I don't know how big Ele or Ret numbers are particularly - but given they burst almost as well during their cooldowns, I suspect they can get almost as high and last longer (15-20ish seconds).

Well thats good then i guess. Atleast we'll have burst on par with other classes ^_^
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I haven't really read up anything about the new bosses coming in 5.2, but if there is a fight like Spine I guess PI could be good.
    I'm a kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    I haven't really read up anything about the new bosses coming in 5.2, but if there is a fight like Spine I guess PI could be good.
    It's very possible pi will be the go to talent now.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post

I'm not suprized by this because when I was bored with a mate we just nuke each other and see how much burst we can do..
    I no it's not top end pvp.. and I get my orbs first... My friend was a lock and we wasnt expecting it to be that huge..
    And when I poped every thing he melted it killed him through the lock heals with the healthstone. but I think may have just got really lucky with crits.
    we was both shocked at the burst xD just a shame people wont stand still in bg's for you xD
    this was going back abit but we both had about 60% resi. I activated my account just to see how insanity and PI with all cd's when patch comes just a shame I'm gonna be behind on gear now xD
    It was fun in bg's too because I'm a nerd that farms flasks and pots... oh and ofc the tailor nets.. And some people still own me xDDD
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2013-02-17 at 01:55 AM.

Nice, increased healing for me!

Since they want to make Power Infusion more attractive for Shadow, why can't they provide a decent looking animation for it to fit the Shadow spec instead of the weak holy aura ?

spec instead of the weak holy aura ?
    new icons and new animations is what we need atm

Fuck the glowing effect, I want damage.

All over folks, nothing to see here, it's back to being crap.