Any impressions of Holy raiding from PTR?

I know holy is chaged very little on PvE (Solace), I'm mostly curious about how it fares in the boss fights if the new raid.

Would love to read your opinions.

Holy is really strong on plenty of fights and it will see plenty of usage, disc is no longer the best spec for everything, both specs have their place and they're equally viable.
    On heavy healing or movement fights holy gains the edge by quite a fair bit though and there are a handful of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy feels much the same, only it doesn't feel like so much of a penalty if you're not disc.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

For Holy I can back Isheria up though I am dubious of the term "really strong" - admittedly I haven't seen all the fights but I would still say Holy Priests are strong (just not really strong). Maybe that's me just being picky.

The new 2-set (Increase on Healing done per bounce of PoM) is proving really strong especially with Divine Insight, normally the spell doing the most of my healing.

The 4-set seems somewhat lacklustre, normally around a 3% gain of healing over the period of a fight but with that said from what I can recall, all 4-sets for healers seem fairly weak with 2-sets seeming to be more powerful.

As for Disc, the spec is nothing what it used to be as it is now in-line with the other healing classes. At the end of the day, Disc still has some solid mitigation that will come in handy on many fights. I believe Disc is a little stronger in 10 than 25 in current standing though I haven't seen any logs so far and have no real data to go by but is still viable on both sizes.

On a side note, is it me or does Sanctuary feel stronger for Holy Priests? I'm sure it never did the healing it was doing on some fights last night but there have been no changes on Patch Notes or in anything Data Mined to my knowledge.

All in all, Priests are in good standing for 5.2 - Holy has the throughput but getting that 2-set ASAP is going to be important, Disc is going to require some adjustments to the play-style to accommodate the changes and it is performing fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you using sanctuary in 10s or 25s? I recognize there's a cap, but the odds are greater of getting 6+ in unorganized 25s. Maybe less of it was relegated to overhealing, too?

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

It was 25 on Iron Qon. Used it on Melee who were taking quite a bit of damage and it was probably hitting around 8-10 targets. Per use, if I recall correctly, it was just over 1M healing done which is pretty decent considering it used to do less HPM than Prayer of Healing but it should be ahead now. Maybe it scales really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Wouldnt be terrible to use in tens if you knew you were going to be stacked and taking constant damage for the entire duration. Still too many ifs in my opinion.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-02-26 at 05:42 PM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Holygrail View Post
    It was 25 on Iron Qon. Used it on Melee who were taking quite a bit of damage and it was probably hitting around 8-10 targets. Per use, if I recall correctly, it was just over 1M healing done which is pretty decent considering it used to do less HPM than Prayer of Healing but it should be ahead now. Maybe it scales really well.
    It scales with Haste. Perhaps you have a lot more Haste on PTR than you do on live?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I had the same gear on PTR as I do on Live but it has been a very long time since I last used Sanctuary in a raid on Live so the sheer difference in gear may simply be the difference, and I was actually using Sanctuary with BL on the PTR which probably bumped up the numbers a little. Would be interesting to see if there was any change though I do doubt there was, probably me just being surprised at how much healing it was doing compared to when I last used it. I do however suspect it scales rather well with gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same gear on PTR as I do on Live but it has been a very long time since I last used Sanctuary in a raid on Live so the sheer difference in gear may simply be the difference, and I was actually using Sanctuary with BL on the PTR which probably bumped up the numbers a little. Would be interesting to see if there was any change though I do doubt there was, probably me just being surprised at how much healing it was doing compared to when I last used it. I do however suspect it scales rather well with gear.
    I like the sound of this, can't recall using Sanctuary since our first attempt just winging Feng.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be fun if Sanctuary woul be more useful! High hopes:-) I sure miss using it.

Did a little bit of Heroic Durumu the Forgotten (25 Heroic) yesterday and my numbers were blowing everyone else away (granted we were only making it through a single phase)... everything seems pretty great for Holy atm I asked someone to log but no one did... I will log myself next time!

I've logged a few raids and just had a server-side error from World of Logs on all occasions as it wasn't compatible with the 5.2 raid. That was around a week ago so might have changed, but just a heads up.

I've logged a few raids and just had a server-side error from World of Logs on all occasions as it wasn't compatible with the 5.2 raid. That was around a week ago so might have changed, but just a heads up.
    Damn world of logs...

got the wol problem too, can't upload things
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Deleted
    I think holy is very viable and has fairly high throughput. In any high HPS fight holy is your only viable spec. Discipline is only viable in niche fights in 25man. On 10man atonement is a big advantage, but although most people don't realise holy is also pretty good at doing damage with the right gear choices. If blizzard buffs healing of CoH, PoM, FH and BH in smite chakra, holy will be very good at contributing DPS while healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    I think holy is very viable and has fairly high throughput. In any high HPS fight holy is your only viable spec. Discipline is only viable in niche fights in 25man. On 10man atonement is a big advantage, but although most people don't realise holy is also pretty good at doing damage with the right gear choices. If blizzard buffs healing of CoH, PoM, FH and BH in smite chakra, holy will be very good at contributing DPS while healing.
    Which won't happen because they are so stuck on chakra. Without it we are "molten core" priests.

My solution to chakra would be to make all three share a one minute cooldown. 20 second duration. Make chakra more interesting than straight % increases.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    TBH give chakra 15s CD and add a few heals to smite chakra and I don't have any problem with it.