Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    that is old content that is being done by abusing high ilvl gear that blizzard stupidly made equipable at level 80.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:26 AM ----------

not quite true, they fixed paladins being almost invincible and do crazy damage, but tanks at 80 can easily reach over 120% avoidance or w/e it is they need to be unhittable by melee attacks.
    OK its old content but WTF this souldn't be posible for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Let them have their fun (and probably eventual PTR ban) on the PTR...
    PTR ban?

Bwaaahahahahahaha, you're hilarious, you know that?

Legacy: "Hey sup, Blizz, here's a video of us on the PTR displaying a very borked thing that could affect endgame. Just wanted to make you aware of it."
    Blizz: "You scoundrel!!! How dare you uncover bugs on a server specifically made to uncover bugs?!??!" *bans*

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 12:40 PM ----------

not quite true, they fixed paladins being almost invincible and do crazy damage (due to abusing vengeance and their mastery), but tanks at 80 can easily reach over 120% avoidance or w/e it is they need to be unhittable by melee attacks (102.4% vs 80 raid bosses, ~120 is for 85 raid bosses i believe).
    Actually, 5.2 completely fixed the paladin vengeance bug, as SotR's mitigation can no longer go higher than 80%, thus effectively capping mastery to 50%.
    Last edited by marthsk; 2013-02-15 at 05:40 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Why would they get banned from the PTR? That is what it is for, breaking things and finding exploits so they can be fixed and to have some fun with unreleased content.
    For the same reason that locks were getting banned on the MoP beta when they found the GoSac exploit and decided to have fun.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Janos86 View Post
    Why does it matter? It's the PTR...I know you found a video and want to somehow make it sound like you've made a super-important discovery but it doesn't affect live servers in the slightest and no-one cares who downs what on the PTR. You'll notice that when the level 80 paladin killed bosses in MSV Blizzard did step in and make changes to Vengeance so it wouldn't happen again but no-one gives a shit about stuff like this on the PTR. It's an artifact of the gear scaling and there's no real incentive to put in the work required to disable it for sub-90s.

For the same reason that locks were getting banned on the MoP beta when they found the GoSac exploit and decided to have fun.
    That was not just having fun, that was actively griefing other players since it was lagging/crashing other players. Blizzard didn't ban the person who went and soloed Dragon Soul heroic on the PTR in Cataclysm (don't remember when it happened, maybe 5.0 PTR?).
    Last edited by Roshar; 2013-02-17 at 02:02 PM.

That dk with 491% mastery still cant mess with those firemages

Deleted
    Copy-pasting what I wrote in the description of the first PTR video that I released:
    I just want to emphasise that what you see here will never happen on live realms. The only thing that made this possible was the PTR testing buff which scales the item levels of all gear up to 502 or above.

We did this for a laugh and haven't interfered with any 90 test groups (nor do we plan to either). Don't use this as a means to judge the encounter difficulties or class balance.
    We actually found (and reported) some bugs whilst doing this, but it has since been fixed and the buff now scales your ilvl down to 10 if you're not level 90.

Here's Lei Shen 10N for those who find the scaling entertaining xD

10+ Year Old Account
    They already nerfed it, but it was really fun to do. Paladin tanks were basically immune to damage because of 300% haste and mastery capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    This video will remind blizzard to disable the 522 scaling buff to <level 90. Looks fun though and a funny that blizzard allowed 80s in 90 raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    on live raids are only enterable at lvl 90. Ever since that prot paladin soloed MSV etc blizzard took actions, this thing means nothing... it's like putting a nuke in a babies hand, he becomes god without any real power...
    It got fixed during the Dark Animus 10HC testing. Our ilvl now scales to lvl 10 instead of >500. You know need to be lvl 90 to get the >500 ilvl buff. Sadly. It was really fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    They already nerfed it, but it was really fun to do. Paladin tanks were basically immune to damage because of 300% haste and mastery capping.

Twin Consorts would like to have a word with you. (400k magic damage)
    Last edited by Ozziee; 2013-02-18 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziee View Post
    Twin Consorts would like to have a word with you. (400k magic damage)
    I wasn't dying when I cared to keep sacred shield up ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    I wasn't dying when I cared to keep sacred shield up ;P
    Well, sacred shield is just cheating anyway.

LOL there are no BANS on PTR

15+ Year Old Account

Let them have their fun (and probably eventual PTR ban) on the PTR, there is nothing about this that will affect live.
    ^ never played on ptr, never read or seen any lvl 80/85 MoP twink vids

Quote Originally Posted by Magnerz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Eg3M7Tn.jpg
    My best stats on my fire mage.
    yeah... i'd say hit is overcapped lol

not as funny as that crit cap though!

Quote Originally Posted by Janos86 View Post
    Why not? It's old content, who cares?

yeah... i'd say hit is overcapped lol

not as funny as that crit cap though!
    Not really, hit cap at 80 for a 93 boss is 95%