Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    Except that it is then that much harder to get someone out of execute range, where they are taking more damage by nearly every class.
    I agree with that except for I think it will be harder to get priest and priests
    teammates into execute range with pws now critting and da and ss being undispellable.
    Da will now also go up from 40% hp cap to 60% hp cap. Pretty much 250k absorb that cant be dispelled.
    Imagine a 250k ss with 250k da absorb which can be achieved very quickly with holy spark and inner focus
    and cost very little mana with 4pc pvp bonus. Throw another 160k pws crit and were talking 660k
    Shield for at least 15 secs. GL getting that into execute range.

    I think its a fair trade myself. Against a good disc it will be very hard to get into execute range._
    Last edited by Hypno; 2013-02-16 at 05:59 AM.

  2. #22
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,386
    your point is invalid. blue post confirmed DA will be undispellable.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  3. #23
    Yes, my post was before the announcement, as you may see

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Yes, my post was before the announcement, as you may see
    Still promotes easy switches to team members that don't have that "super bubble", rendering all of the absorbs wasted.

    And you have to spend mana all over again to heal the new target.

    It's no co-incidence that Shaman and Paladins, the 2 classes with the greatest (by far) healing throughput are the best healers in PvP.

  5. #25
    Even without critting a flash heal from a disc priest heals for about 110k on a graced target due to the pvp set bonus. I don't care if the other team switches me at full health instead of pushing my 50% health teamate further. If they don't CC me he won't die.

    For PvP healing the new changes are a boost end of story. Your heals from inner focus are a minor proportion of your total healing even if those big heals are strategically important. However those heals are not cut in half and the aegis shield is not dispellable anymore, meaning that when you get one you will get a breather from the damage that the purge/dispel/spellsteam spam can't take away in flat 1s.


    Also don't forget we are getting instant holy fire next patch, which is awesome for killing those pesky totems and stacking evangelism. Even two stacks of evangelism is a 10% boost to healing and you have a penance that is already buffed and now benefits from evangelism too. If it foolish to think that our healing is nerfed. Tactics are now different. Use your IF early so that you get a boost to your effective health (no danger of overheal), instead of waiting to get low. Trying to spam few spirit shells on yourself or a target taking damage at high health is an excellent way to force an early interrupt, once you have put on all instants and then dodge cc to heal up.

    The key nerf for me is losing that untargetability from phantasm. What the hell are we supposed to do about the repetanace/cyclone/scattertrap/poly-CS spam. As I nelf I can pretty much negate some of it, especially things like hex, but avoiding CC is now 10 times harder. It also means ranged burst/interrupts are a lot more dangerous.

    5 seconds is freedom is not bad, but really when I use phantasm I mostly want the untargetable and root braking function. I don't particularly care about the 3 or 5s freedom, since anyone and their brother can catch up to me anyway, because I HAVE NO SPEEDBOOST! I mean seriously blizzard phantasm in the same fecking tier as feathers and body and soul. You must be on crack. Replace it with spectral guise ffs and then yes 5s freedom is great. I can pop my feathers and GTFO melee range.

    Otherwise its going to be phantasm --> yeay! I can run again for 2s --> oh wait, charge -2s stun freedom over, gg no extra casts. All I did was let the warrior get a chargestun in without having to run away from me first. Same thing with DK run --> try to cast --> grip back where you started. Same thing with monk, he can just roll to you no problem, same with with rogue, shstep --> stun bye bye freedom.

    I use fear+phantasm to get around pillar the break roots/snare is enough. I don't care if its 3 or 5s freedom.

    Freedom from palas is so strong because he can chain it with speed of light and just leave you in the dust.

    I don't see why having the anti-cc mechanism is so bad. Everyone and their brother can break our CC. A warrior can macro target terminate psyfiend in flat 2s. A pala can macro target psyfiend and fear it, but I can't stop the repent/hoj/blinding light spam, or the disorient/cyclone/bash and I can't macro target shaman totems to stop conducting totem.

  6. #26
    Non-crit flash heal for 110k with battle fatigue?

    Undispellable DA is nice and all, but we still have to replenish the missing health bar, and doing so will take more casts without 200% heal from IF. More casts = more chance to get interrupted, and more casts = costs more mana. No untargetable phantasm = even more chances to get interrupted.

    Where are disc priests currently weak in pvp atm? Mana and instant casts heals?

    And what's to stop other teams from just target swapping to your other teammate and letting your giant shield fall off, letting you effectively lose the healing you gained from that IF bomb heal? Just because its not dispellable does not make it permanent.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    429
    Are you insane? You cant be serious. Are you even on the PTR? Discs are pretty much insane atm at the ptr, and looks VERY promising for 5.2 But what else could you expect from a 1500 rated dude who probably whines about all the changes to every class he play.

    Edit:

    Rmp and Junglecleave will once again be insane.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Are you insane? You cant be serious. Are you even on the PTR? Discs are pretty much insane atm at the ptr, and looks VERY promising for 5.2 But what else could you expect from a 1500 rated dude who probably whines about all the changes to every class he play.

    Edit:

    Rmp and Junglecleave will once again be insane.
    If your highest ratings are 1500 in 2s and 1900 in 3s you should probably try to question their arguments over mocking their ratings, or you'll end up looking like a complete moron.

  9. #29
    And again with the newest Changes, have fun topping someone to maxHP.

    DK´s will be by far more worse then they where back in s9 to us. Absolutely no survival chance.


    also: Machomaije, dont flame ratings.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    If your highest ratings are 1500 in 2s and 1900 in 3s you should probably try to question their arguments over mocking their ratings, or you'll end up looking like a complete moron.
    Good that your looking at my offaccount then Because I havent updated my mmo-champ since I joined, and also the charracter your looking at are pretty damn outdated

  11. #31
    You know that the armory stats are account wide yes?

    k.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    The key nerf for me is losing that untargetability from phantasm. What the hell are we supposed to do about the repetanace/cyclone/scattertrap/poly-CS spam. As I nelf I can pretty much negate some of it, especially things like hex, but avoiding CC is now 10 times harder. It also means ranged burst/interrupts are a lot more dangerous.

    I don't see why having the anti-cc mechanism is so bad.
    Its because priests already have spectral guise and SW: D as anti cc mechanisms. Having phantasm on 30 sec cd, specral on 30 sec cd, and sw: D on 8 sec cd with proper LoS management makes priests literally un-ccable.

    Disc + hybrid + anything. Dont see how you die. Ever.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Good that your looking at my offaccount then Because I havent updated my mmo-champ since I joined, and also the charracter your looking at are pretty damn outdated
    Seems likely that you'd 1.) Have your off account in your signature, 2.) Have druids on both accounts, 3.) Have tons of time consuming pvp achive (100k hk's, justicar, etc) on your off acc and 4.) Be a gladiator player, who played >300 ranked matches (brutally dedicated achive), yet hasn't been able to get above 2k on the account. Cute, but not very believable, try to meet arguments with arguments next time.
    Last edited by Cookie; 2013-02-19 at 10:16 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post

    Where are disc priests currently weak in pvp atm? Mana and instant casts heals?
    A better question is where disc isn't weak.
    We have decent survivability
    We have strong absorbs


    Our CC sucks
    Our mana sucks
    Not enough instants
    Easy to control
    Our 'pure' healing is low. We're about ~60/40 now (absorbs/heals)


    The nerf to phantasm is going to hurt a lot; because it drops target, it's one of the few reliable ways to ensure we can actually freaking cast...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Its because priests already have spectral guise and SW: D as anti cc mechanisms. Having phantasm on 30 sec cd, specral on 30 sec cd, and sw: D on 8 sec cd with proper LoS management makes priests literally un-ccable.
    That's only partly true, as phantasm doesn't really work as an anti cc mechanism as you still get cc'd while invisible most of the time, only cc you can sometimes actively avoid with that is the hunter trap, it would be nice if it were fixed somehow... SWD is the same, only usable against a few ccs and many of those are instants which makes it hard to use for an average player.

    Still you're right in some ways, we forget that priests - hopefully - wont need so much cc avoidance because we won't have to stay in line of sight so much anymore, we have increase in our healing output (okey, it partly goes to absorb but thats another matter), we can use penance to run back to cover and most of all: some of the instant CC's will be changed next patch.

  16. #36
    So can someone explain to me why they will be bad?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCupofJoe View Post
    So can someone explain to me why they will be bad?
    Because we don't do anything valuable that another healer doesn't do better. Disc won't be unplayable or anything next patch, but almost every setup will be better off with a different healer. I gotta ask, have you considered writing a post that is more than a sentence long?
    Last edited by Cookie; 2013-02-24 at 10:03 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Because we don't do anything valuable that another healer doesn't do better. Disc won't be unplayable or anything next patch, but almost every setup will be better off with a different healer. I gotta ask, have you considered writing a post that is more than a sentence long?
    I would argue mass dispel by itself is enough to take for comps like junglecleave, rmp, or thugcleave since you can basically just gib an hpally within 5 seconds of leaving stealth like the good old rmp days.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I would argue mass dispel by itself is enough to take for comps like junglecleave, rmp, or thugcleave since you can basically just gib an hpally within 5 seconds of leaving stealth like the good old rmp days.
    So the fact that we are able to offset one (of several) advantages that a hpala has over us makes us stronger than them? Even if we could offset every advantage that'd make us equal at best, and we can't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •