Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Guilds Falling Apart a Lot This Patch

I've noticed this alot now the last 3 guilds I've been in have had a raid team but after a few weeks of raiding people stop showing. the last guild i was in lost both tanks 2 healers and a dps don't know why either... I've been talking to some friends of me which are ex guildies and they say their guild is falling apart 1 of them has 8/16 hc. not only that but recruitment seems impossible at the moment.

some say its boredom, some say the t15 lfr gear is near enough equal to the t14 heroic mode gear so whats the point? i think its both,

any1 notice this on other servers? and regardless if you have seen it or not whats your view on the matter?

We have experienced the same. People just stop raiding, mostly our tanks. More often than not they are applying to our guild, stay for 2-3 weeks then vanish from the game. Based on this my best guess is they are frustrated at how slow progress is for this tier versus the last two expansions, they figure it's their guild so they look for a new one around the same level, then realize that it isn't as easy as it was in the past and just give up.

MoP has put a lot more pressure on individuals putting in extra time in order to raid. The people that were picked up during WotLK and Cata probably now have other commitments in their lives and don't have the extra time that wasn't needed as much previously. Switching from "do your heroics and rep grinding when you want throughout the week" to "do heroics, dailies and gardening every day and multiple LFRs a week or feel like you are falling behind" is too big of a change for someone with limited free time
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

We're at the end of a tier. That's typically hard on attendance and recruiting. Should up-tick with the release of 5.2 shortly.

I haven't noticed any more guild churn then usual. Nothing like T11 anyway, which was a blood-bath (for 25 man guilds in particular) on both servers I play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    We have experienced the same. People just stop raiding, mostly our tanks. More often than not they are applying to our guild, stay for 2-3 weeks then vanish from the game. Based on this my best guess is they are frustrated at how slow progress is for this tier versus the last two expansions, they figure it's their guild so they look for a new one around the same level, then realize that it isn't as easy as it was in the past and just give up.

MoP has put a lot more pressure on individuals putting in extra time in order to raid. The people that were picked up during WotLK and Cata probably now have other commitments in their lives and don't have the extra time that wasn't needed as much previously. Switching from "do your heroics and rep grinding when you want throughout the week" to "do heroics, dailies and gardening every day and multiple LFRs a week or feel like you are falling behind" is too big of a change for someone with limited free time
    This is a valid point, but I will say I feel it's a healthy change for the game. MMO's are supposed to be time sinks, that's kind of the point. One could argue that the pendulum swung too far toward heavy time requirements, but for me it feels about right (except for dailies, which suck).

I guess we'll see how this next tier plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always happened and always will happen.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    It's pretty simple really, just don't do LFR, you're not forced. Don't do dailies after getting to a certain rep, I quit at revered. I don't bother with my garden anymore, I just buy what I need, but the garden takes at most 5 mins a day to do.

All I really do atm is log in to raid, I don't feel like I am behind, gear from raids is your best option.

This happens quite a bit at the end of tiers because people don't feel the need to put in the extra time and effort to get gear that they are just going to upgrade in a couple weeks anyways.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    I haven't noticed any more guild churn then usual. Nothing like T11 anyway, which was a blood-bath (for 25 man guilds in particular) on both servers I play on.
    This tier hasn't been a problem for our guild, unlike T11 which caused our guild to dissolve. It did happen the same as you mention OP, people just stopped logging in and raid after raid had to be cancelled. Then we had some drama and the GM just said, forget it, we are done.

It helps this time around that we have a solid core of raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's pretty simple really, just don't do LFR, you're not forced. Don't do dailies after getting to a certain rep, I quit at revered. I don't bother with my garden anymore, I just buy what I need, but the garden takes at most 5 mins a day to do.

All I really do atm is log in to raid, I don't feel like I am behind, gear from raids is your best option.
    That's what I have been forced to do because I just don't have the time to devote like I used to. But realistically I am holding my group back by not doing everything. For some people knowing they are behind that much is enough to get them to stop or they burn out because they attempt to devote the time needed for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    This happens quite a bit at the end of tiers because people don't feel the need to put in the extra time and effort to get gear that they are just going to upgrade in a couple weeks anyways.
    This has been occurring throughout 5.0-5.1, it not just within the past few weeks. Recruitment is low and slow, long time members who are dedicated raiders and new recruits simply stop logging in. Very few have decided to tell us they are backing out from raiding or moving on to another guild, most just simply stop logging in one day.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

It's been brutal on my server. We went from 117 active guilds in Cataclysm to only 20 guilds that have bothered to kill a boss in the last 2 weeks. Half the guilds in this tier went on Christmas vacation and never came back.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    LFR and dailies don't require guilds. Normal and hc raiding is done by 3 or 5 or whatever miniscule percentage of the population. What do you expect?

The end of a tier always has guilds disbanding, and the beginning of a new tier always has new ones forming. It's the lifecycle of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...

My own guild fell apart as far as raiding is concerned a few weeks ago. The people who used to show up to fill in dps spots at the start of the tier stopped logging on altogether, and if just one person had a reason they couldn't log on we couldn't raid (on a dead server, you can't pug for that spot). It happened for about two weeks and then the next two weeks I had a migraine on raid day alongside with a bunch of IRL stuff that stopped me (healer) and my husband (dps warrior) from raiding and they were unable to raid without us. This led to two of the raiders server transferring within the last week. The guild had a set 10 raiders during DS that showed up consistently every week and made good progress, but when this expansion rolled around we were plagued with inconsistency and failure to progress. That's enough to kill any raiding guild.

I was leveling a fresh character on another server but tbh I haven't put much thought into finding a raiding guild there or even finishing leveling her to 90 because I know any gear she'd get from this tier is going to be quickly replaced with gear from the next tier in LFR that's better than what people are getting from hard modes right now. If I need to fill any gear holes, there's always OpenRaid for this tier's raids come 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    This tier hasn't been a problem for our guild, unlike T11 which caused our guild to dissolve. It did happen the same as you mention OP, people just stopped logging in and raid after raid had to be cancelled. Then we had some drama and the GM just said, forget it, we are done.

It helps this time around that we have a solid core of raiders.
    unfortunately the guilds i was in had a core and that core vanished, and is i mention in my op its happening to my friends guilds also

All i see here is that people are quiting guilds but no one knows why because they didnt say why so we think its because the expansion sucks when it could be anything from not having the money, trying out another game, didn't like the guild, got a real life or died.

I've not seen any issues. Guild is still running great. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I've not seen any issues. Guild is still running great. /shrug
    seems to differ from server to server

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    We're at the end of a tier. That's typically hard on attendance and recruiting. Should up-tick with the release of 5.2 shortly.

^ tenchars

I thought it was just my server because it's so dead. We've never had more than 25-30 active raiding guilds on my server, but now it's down to about 5. Several of them have transferred servers, but many have broken up and well leaving there members to transfer servers...it's been so bad on my server that my GM/Raid Leader is developing a podcast called LowPopWow to address the reality of/get some ideas on raiding successfully on a low pop server. The first episode should be airing in a couple weeks! /end shameless plug

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    All i see here is that people are quiting guilds but no one knows why because they didnt say why so we think its because the expansion sucks when it could be anything from not having the money, trying out another game, didn't like the guild, got a real life or died.
    Nobody in this entire thread said anything about the quality of this expansion pack.

It's more that this was an extremely large tier, with a shitton of roadblocks and skewed class balance due to an unforseen need for multi-dots and cleaves.

Deleted
    What I found to be a major culprit to people's low attendance rate, is the exams that most of us have ( or had ) to take this month. There were a lot of quitters in my guild as well, but the core players are still there. 90% of us barely had time for 3 rbg nights in the past 1+month because of the faculty exams.
    Generally, january-february and june-july are end of semester months which have a lot of activity students have to attend to, thus making them unable to play.