10+ Year Old Account

Marksmanship PvP - Haste

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have been experimenting with MM for PvP, and what your thoughts are.
    I've been pondering on stat priorities and the difference of stats in arena/RBG.
    I'm not a high rated player in arena or rbg so these are the speculations of a newish pvper.

While for BM Haste is probably the worst stat on gear you can have; I believe MM could benefit from it greatly.
    If you'd go for a full haste reforge you'll end up at 25% or more haste(with 10% from rogue/dk/pet) which will increase even more after you do 2 steady shots. I'm currently at 39.41% Haste with those buffs and my gear isn't even complete yet.

At 39.41 Haste my Aimed Shot has a 1.79 cast time. That's not bad. 95. 19 1.28 6.17
    With Rapid Fire the numbers look even better. Haste sitting at 95.19%, Aimed Shot cast at 1.28 and focus regen at 6.17 in addition to Rapid Recuperation which gives 12foc/3sec. Add 3.2k PvPPower and 2.4k Agility from set bonus and trinket.
    With my math that means a ton of burst potential. Even more so when you put Stampede into the mix.

I think going for Haste might be a great choice for BGs/RBGs as you have alot more freedom to focus on damage. In Arenas I suspect a Mastery heavy build might be better because you probably wont have as much time shooting Aimed Shots.

What's your thoughts?

Nah. If you want max damage you should just reforge the same as PvE, which I'm pretty sure is crit > haste > mastery.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:13 PM ----------

Actually, the top PvE reforge on FD is going crit > mastery > haste, but it's by a very slim margin, and they're only going that route because they aren't hardcasting aimed unless under a temporary haste buff. Hardcasting AI full time is a 600 DPS loss (out of 140k) and makes haste extremely valuable, almost as valuable as agility. Since you'll want to be casting aimed shot about half the time (always against cloth & leather, sometimes against mail, never against plate), I stand by my first statement: you want to reforge crit > haste > mastery for PvP.

It's debatable. I think crit will come out ahead, but haste isn't completely worthless.

if u ask me getting the new raid trinket that drops on i think its the 7th boss in ToT, that grants u passive 1600 haste x 5 for 10 sec duration might be better to get instead of a pvp trink, seeing as its granting also 1600 agi passive, and all u loose is like 1400-1500 pvp power which estimates about 5-7% pvp damage which aprox 8000 haste makes up for since ur gonna be running 25-30% haste freely then + add imp SS which runs u to a total of 40 - 50 % haste depending on your platoues. then u can add in rapid fire and ull fire aimed so fast u wont bother AS on anything else then plate

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuraxde View Post
    if u ask me getting the new raid trinket that drops on i think its the 7th boss in ToT, that grants u passive 1600 haste x 5 for 10 sec duration might be better to get instead of a pvp trink, seeing as its granting also 1600 agi passive, and all u loose is like 1400-1500 pvp power which estimates about 5-7% pvp damage which aprox 8000 haste makes up for since ur gonna be running 25-30% haste freely then + add imp SS which runs u to a total of 40 - 50 % haste depending on your platoues. then u can add in rapid fire and ull fire aimed so fast u wont bother AS on anything else then plate
    You're forgetting about the resil loss and hunters get trained enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    You're forgetting about the resil loss and hunters get trained enough as it is.
    ur reffering to the 400 resi loss which is like 1%? tops

Haste is much more important to an MM hunter than to a BM or surv hunter. Obviously crit still reigns king, but for MM haste is right there with mastery.