Addon help please

Hello everyone, I just recently started playing my hunter and I would like to know if there's any recommended addons to have for survival pve and marksman pvp. I never used many addons besides changing my action bars around with bartender and that's it. Any advice on what's recommended or helpful would be very appreciated .

Deleted
    Outside of better Arena frames, OmniCC and a bigger focus bar, there isn't a lot you *need*. I would swap in a Unit frame addon and OmniCC and with Bartender you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Outside of better Arena frames, OmniCC and a bigger focus bar, there isn't a lot you *need*. I would swap in a Unit frame addon and OmniCC and with Bartender you're good to go.
    I see some people use different addons to tracks CDs. Do you know any?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobgoon View Post
    That would be TellMeWhen, WeakAuras, PowerAuras etc...

Do you mean adds on specifically for hunters or just in general what addons do hunter's use?

Addons I raid with related to being a hunter:

Weak Auras - this is MUST and there's a learning curve with learning to use it, but once you get the hang of it, you can't do without it. It will let you set up notifications for when abilities are off CD, when you don't have a buff up, when the boss is casting something, when you have a debuff on you, etc - it's amazing.

SimpleMD - shows you who else is using a MD or Tricks and who they have put it on - also shows the CD of the current misdirect

Range Display - maybe not specific for hunters, but I think it's crucial to know distance to target

Energy Watch Reborn - or something like it (there's lots out there) that will show you how much focus you currently have in a movable bar.

There's tons more that I use, but they are things that almost everyone uses like CD tracking, grid, boss mods, damage tracking etc.

PS - for CD tracking I use ForteXorcist - the mod I used to use (Dotimers) hasn't been updated and I was forced to change. I like Forte because it's clean and simple (the way I set it up) and it just has a long bar that shows all the abilities and when they come off CD. I prefer a really clean UI - I don't like crap all over the screen and this was the best option I found for that.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2013-02-15 at 04:42 PM.

This is my favorite hunter addon by far:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-hunter-focus-bar

I also second the recommendations for OmniCC and WeakAuras, although these are useful for all classes, not just hunters.

Oh! I almost forgot OPie. I find it incredibly helpful for keeping my UI neat and tidy.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/opie
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobgoon View Post
    OmniCC is all I use to track cooldowns. 150 days played on my hunter means the rotation is pretty well ingrained into my skull, heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    OmniCC is all I use to track cooldowns. 150 days played on my hunter means the rotation is pretty well ingrained into my skull, heh.
    How about since MoP? Or when you got 4p T14 as a BM hunter? Just because you've had a lot of play time before doesn't make you know your class's rotation by heart.

OnTopic, there's not a whole lot more to say I guess, but if there were to be ONE addon to get I would say get the JSHB addon linked earlier since it can track CDs and duration of CC/DoTs and it shows your focus very clearly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    How about since MoP? Or when you got 4p T14 as a BM hunter? Just because you've had a lot of play time before doesn't make you know your class's rotation by heart.

OnTopic, there's not a whole lot more to say I guess, but if there were to be ONE addon to get I would say get the JSHB addon linked earlier since it can track CDs and duration of CC/DoTs and it shows your focus very clearly.
    Never meant to implicate as such - I should have explained that I meant I know most of the cooldowns off by heart and how they fill into a rotation, so I generally have a good idea when they'll be available. I do have a fair amount of /played at 90 as a BM, though.

Just a thought - IceHUD is built into my UI and SrS is tracked through that. Raven is another component of it, and puts my debuffs on my target up as little timer bars next to their unit frame - more for things like AMoC.

I tried J's Hunter Bar before and it was fine, but fine things no harder to track without it.

Deleted
    i mostly use jshunterbar for predicting focus income since that can vary widely through procs as sv forte for tracking big cd's like engi gloves etc
    custom edit of classtimers and for the rest i can't think of anything mandatory of the bat of my hat :P

I use Elvui for my whole UI setup. I also use JS hunter bar, which gives you an energy bar that you can move on you screen, shows you your aspect, gives you a cc timer, also shows you when you can take off a buff or enrage, it also has the cd's for all of your major moves on it.