Thread: Loud pop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Do you own any bees?
    Bees pop now? That's new.

Have you considered this PSU? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151119

It may be 550W, but it's based on a newer design than both of the power supplies you listed in the previous page. It should pack more than enough power for your current system, since we are, by no means, jeopardizing quality here.

It's priced the same as the TX650V2 which is also manufactured by Seasonic, but this one is also modular and is gold certified, for superior power efficiency, which is nice to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a short (lots of dust) or rapid capacitor discharge. I've had this with my PSU (not on this, but a 7 year old enermax liberty400) when i flipped the switch a bit too often. But nothing was really broken, there was just an arc/spark. I suggest you just keep it clean, maybe check the voltages with a mutlimeter just to verify PSU integrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Maybe a short (lots of dust) or rapid capacitor discharge. I've had this with my PSU (not on this, but a 7 year old enermax liberty400) when i flipped the switch a bit too often. But nothing was really broken, there was just an arc/spark. I suggest you just keep it clean, maybe check the voltages with a mutlimeter just to verify PSU integrity.
    Yeah I gave the inside of the PSU a good clean for the first time by opening the PSU case, do note though that I did not touch anything or even use an object to touch anything in there. So that may help a bit, I unscrewed cover to GPU and cleaned all of that out, making sure not to touch anything and to my shock there was a lot of dust even though I cleaned it a month ago. I hate my room and it's stupid dust issues.

I'm also now under the impression that the pop is because Diablo 3 was causing my system to overheat and that was the game I had been running prior to the loud pop so I checked their Tech Support and it appears there's issues with computers overheating:

Overheating: There are some people having what appear to be video driver resets leading to long pauses as Diablo III reloads assets and then resumes playing. We're working to reproduce the issue internally. For now, we believe it could be due to the video card (GPU) overheating. Many users have addressed this on their own by limiting the frame rate and underclocking their GPUs.
    Seems I'll have to limit my frame rates whenever I play it now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Have you considered this PSU? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151119

It may be 550W, but it's based on a newer design than both of the power supplies you listed in the previous page. It should pack more than enough power for your current system, since we are, by no means, jeopardizing quality here.

It's priced the same as the TX650V2 which is also manufactured by Seasonic, but this one is also modular and is gold certified, for superior power efficiency, which is nice to have.
    Yeah I'm strongly considering that one you linked, the wattage is nice and perfect.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 02:20 PM ----------

Would that issue with Diablo 3 causing overheating be why I heard that loud pop?
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-16 at 05:18 PM.