Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The impression I get is that these are just single-toilet restrooms. While it would be highly impractical to isolate every toilet in a high-traffic public area, I don't see the harm in giving people a place to go for a little more privacy (if there's room and available money).
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-02-15 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/...mpus-1.2810205

“The female bathroom sign always has a woman with a skirt, and the male bathroom always has a man with pants," Student Union director Suzi Halpin said. “Many students found these signs offensive. Where you go to the bathroom should not have to do with your sex.”

I think they will complain about anything they get a chance to. Getting really old, really fast.

Would you use a same sex public bathroom? Im really interested in hearing from women, men dont have the same aiming capablities and get messy in there.
    I dont care about same sex bathrooms, I really dont understand why people would.
    But I see no reason to change the way it works now, those signs are illustrative, not insulting, I can guarantee no one apart from the woman quoted actually complained. She really needs to ask her university to instill her with a sense of perspective and stop it with the victim complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    I dont care about same sex bathrooms, I really dont understand why people would.
    But I see no reason to change the way it works now, those signs are illustrative, not insulting, I can guarantee no one apart from the woman quoted actually complained. She really needs to ask her university to instill her with a sense of perspective and stop it with the victim complex.
    It imply's only women can wear a dress. The other way doesnt work since women already wear pants.

“The female bathroom sign always has a woman with a skirt, and the male bathroom always has a man with pants," Student Union director Suzi Halpin said. “Many students found these signs offensive. Where you go to the bathroom should not have to do with your sex.”

I think they will complain about anything they get a chance to. Getting really old, really fast.

Would you use a same sex public bathroom? Im really interested in hearing from women, men dont have the same aiming capablities and get messy in there.
    I worked security in a nightclub during my undergrad, and part of our responsibility was cleaning the place up at the end of the night.

I can assure you with 100% confidence that the women's restroom was ALWAYS, far, far, far, far more disgusting and filthy than the men's restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Well they want equality.. I think they should have to share public bathrooms with men. The sheer hilarity of it would be worth it.
    Yeah. The OP's link is dumb, but I'm actually fine with it. If they so desperately want to go to the bathroom with us guys in there as well, let them. They'll probably do it once and then demand the separation back.

It really just seems like a lot of people chose to not read this and just be angry at people. These were single person bathrooms. Why does anybody care what sign is on the door of a single person bathroom? If they want to change it to be more inclusive why would anyone care?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I worked security in a nightclub during my undergrad, and part of our responsibility was cleaning the place up at the end of the night.

I can assure you with 100% confidence that the women's restroom was ALWAYS, far, far, far, far more disgusting and filthy than the men's restroom.
    Any idea why it was like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Did you even read the article? I am guessing not.

Gender-neutral restrooms, in their current form, are single, stand-alone rooms, similar to family bathrooms, Halpin said.

I am all for these types of bathrooms. Call it whatever you want, I do not give a fuck. In fact, call them what they are and nothing else, bathrooms. Putting up that there is no distinction implies that a distinction was there to start with. I have never seen a single bathroom marked as only men or women. Anyone with a brain can realize that the bathroom is for anyone.

No surprise that nobody reads a damned thing. Would at least hope that OP did, but likely not unless they are just bitching to bitch.
    Maybe they didn't read, but you're not thinking here... To make ALL the bathrooms like this would be ridiculously expensive and inefficient. Think of how much room all these bathrooms would take, or how long the lines waiting would be...

As long as i have a place to take a shit i don't really care.. 'course it would be kinda awkward to share restrooms with women.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the upset. They basically redid the signs on 9 stand-alone bathrooms to not be gender-based? Shock horror?

Must have cost the Student Union literally tens of dollars!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Isn't the purpose of having different bathroom facilities really just to make people comfortable? Do these women want to use a stall next to some dude dropping a massive load? I certainly wouldn't want to be using a urinal, and then have some woman straddle up to the one next to me and try to aim her junk with two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Isn't the purpose of having different bathroom facilities really just to make people comfortable? Do these women want to use a stall next to some dude dropping a massive load? I certainly wouldn't want to be using a urinal, and then have some woman straddle up to the one next to me and try to aim her junk with two hands.
    Did you not read the part where these changes are for solo bathrooms? You won't be in the bathroom with anybody else unless you're very strange.

Deleted
    Public bathrooms?
    Thats just disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    Did you not read the part where these changes are for solo bathrooms? You won't be in the bathroom with anybody else unless you're very strange.
    Or you're needing a space late night at the Smoothie King with your sexy bf, lulz
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

15+ Year Old Account
    I HIGHLY DOUBT most women wan't to share their public bathroom with men.

I don't see how having a skirt on the women's sign is sexist. It's just a dumb way of making cheap signs to get the message across... Sadly, they can't just write "women's washroom" because there are still illiterate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    Did you miss the part about how the problem is with the signs? Sure, they installed "gender neutral bathrooms" but the heart of the argument is that they don't want your gender to be identified when using a bathroom. Apply that to all bathrooms, and suddenly you've got "gender neutral bathrooms" all over campus, and since single toilet bathrooms aren't practical, you'll have shared facilities.

Also, using "queer" in the article? Stay classy Florida, stay classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Did you miss the part about how the problem is with the signs? Sure, they installed "gender neutral bathrooms" but the heart of the argument is that they don't want your gender to be identified when using a bathroom. Apply that to all bathrooms, and suddenly you've got "gender neutral bathrooms" all over campus, and since single toilet bathrooms aren't practical, you'll have shared facilities.

Also, using "queer" in the article? Stay classy Florida, stay classy.
    The community itself uses it.

And their argument wasn't to make every bathroom that way. So that ends that train of thought.

Wait, what? One of my exes refused to use public restrooms. When I asked why, she said that if men are using a toilet, they lift the seat and pee. She said that women would hover over the seat, getting pee and everything else on there, so the next person willing to use it goes even higher, creating an even larger mess.

Bla bla bla...

Stupid nonsense.

The gender based separation serves a series of other things beyond intimacy. It accelerates the process (unless it's a number 2, guys don't need to remove their clothing, sit down or clean their genitalia). It is more hygenic. (We all know sometimes men suck at aiming. As a woman do you really want to sit in a strange man's piss stains?) Public restroom designed as such are tought up to handle a lot of people faster while keeping in mind the EXISTING differences betwen the genders when it comes to it's use.

If they are bothered by the skirt sign, fucking write a WOMEN on the door instead or something.

If any change needs to made to public restrooms, is adding more space to the women's bathrooms in places like nightclubs, restaurants, airports to avoid seeing ques form.

P.S. Around I don't care what you do with the bathroom and I don't mind sharing bathrooms with women because I JUST DONT CARE, as long as I don't have to stand in line or any way tiptoe around women to accomodate them.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Any idea why it was like that?
    I have one based purely on my observations; when inebriated women seem to lose full control of their bowels when they sit down to pee. They then use way too much toilet paper and proceed to completely stop up the plumbing. In contrast the mens room almost never had any problem with the plumbing.

So there you have it, conclusive "proof" that men can hold their bowels better than women