- We're worried that we're not going to be able to get the new Seal of Justice on PTR in a good place. We still like the goal of giving Ret more damage outside of their long cooldowns, but Censure just brings a lot of benefits that are going to be hard to reproduce in any kind of "build up to burst" mechanic. When faced with decisions like these where the new design isn't a clear win, we think the right decision is to revert the change. It's possible we could buff Seal of Justice (the 5.1 version) to 20% damage from 16% damage, but overall it would still probably not get much use in PvP.
- However, we haven't given up on the idea of solving Ret's problems of long cooldowns. We are going to try changing the 4pc PvP set bonus to lowering the cooldown on Avenging Wrath by 1 min. This is a set bonus that has worked out pretty well in PvE and would help Ret keep up pressure more frequently without getting to the point of one-shot abilities.
Think of a burst every 1 min: AW, HA, AW, HA... Ret had that on past expansions? Think Pillar of Frost.
My wishes now:
1) Ret PVP Utility - a spell like smoke/grip/solar/etc
2) Better survivability/self heals/remove fear or stun/another CC to compete
3) True options for Talents (maybe baseline umbreakable and half CDs on its place, buff pursuit of justice, instant Repentance, etc)
But this is a GREAT step in the right direction =D
You guys seems to be thinking I'm ironic here but then I think you're the optimistic ones. Ret has been SO fkd up SO MANY TIMES the last years and even more if you compare with other specs.
If Ret does not get nerfed we're already getting buffed, since GC main objective is to make Rets unplayable and therefore Vanguards is his nemesis... whatever.
Really, if Ret get ANY buff is like the end of the world. If Blizzard tries to make Ret playable is like maybe WoW is comming to the end.
OF COURSE they will fail, since is GC after all. There is LOTS of good ideas to fix Ret as a competitive spec for PVP and they are to lazy to do it, is not like Ret is a Rogue or a Monk. But if you look at Ret 5.0 and 5.1 then on 5.2 we have lots of reason to CELEBRATE.
Is like we move arround in a rusty weelchair and they will NEVER let us walk, not even dream to run like other specs, but if we get some oil the wheels so we are at least decent as cripples: YEY!