Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah, there is certainly no time left now. Ret is headed for another mediocre season, at best.
    Well at least next season will be better than this one. We get,

- 2min wings baseline

- Magic removal on Hand of Sac

- Better Heals

- Slighty better Seal of Justice

- PvP 2 set increases to 1000 pvp power up from 800

- Hand of Purity reduces all incoming damage by 10% (might not be better than Clemency but can be useful)

- 10% less damage taken with Exorcism along with Templar's verdict when glyphed

- Glyph of Blessed Life no longer requires Seal of Insight to be active. (free holy power is hard to pass up)

So while we might not be the best for arena next season we will definitely be better off than we are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Well at least next season will be better than this one. We get,

- 2min wings baseline

- Magic removal on Hand of Sac

- Better Heals

- Slighty better Seal of Justice

- PvP 2 set increases to 1000 pvp power up from 800

- Hand of Purity reduces all incoming damage by 10% (might not be better than Clemency but can be useful)

- 10% less damage taken with Exorcism along with Templar's verdict when glyphed

- Glyph of Blessed Life no longer requires Seal of Insight to be active. (free holy power is hard to pass up)

So while we might not be the best for arena next season we will definitely be better off than we are now.
    Barely noticeable though, we'll still get CC'd once our CDs are up and then we'll hit like a kitten for the next 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Barely noticeable though, we'll still get CC'd once our CDs are up and then we'll hit like a kitten for the next 2 minutes.
    Its worth spreading out our use of cd's sometimes. Holy Avenger and wings are both strong cd's even when used alone. With Wings being lowered to a 2min cd we have the option of using both every 2mins or one cd every minute or so.

Its also good to wait untill you have Dr on cc's before you blow your cd's.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-02-24 at 03:59 AM.

Why are they still not buffing consistent damage? Am I the only one who sees this? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by lunethzero View Post
    Why are they still not buffing consistent damage? Am I the only one who sees this? O.o
    I think they need to at least buff Templar's verdict a little and put our damage with 2handers up to 15%.

Other than that we need better defensives outside of bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to at least buff Templar's verdict a little and put our damage with 2handers up to 15%.

Other than that we need better defensives outside of bubble.
    Yea, we're not getting anything though. GC believes we're fine because many months ago when he suggest that we have a 5 minute CD on wings people got upset, that to him means we dont want sustained and would rather have burst. So in their eyes we're fine.

Yea, we're not getting anything though. GC believes we're fine because many months ago when he suggest that we have a 5 minute CD on wings people got upset, that to him means we dont want sustained and would rather have burst. So in their eyes we're fine.
    we are fine cause of this "Mindblown". Appearently there are to many rets so..

10+ Year Old Account
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    we are fine cause of this "Mindblown". Appearently there are to many rets so..
    Well, if that is their reasoning, when all the Ret paladins have rerolled or quit in 5.3, maybe we will get something.

I normally support GC in his crusade against the idiots, but there are a lot of times that his responses, while they make sense, are flawed. Yes... monks are a new class, of course there will be a large margin of Paladins comparatively. First of all, what is the average rating of Ret paladins compared to say... priests, ferals, DK's, warriors, hunters? That is the stats needed to be looked at. Just because a lot of people play a shitty class, doesn't mean the class is OK. I stuck with Ret for years because I really liked it. A lot. And many players in this game aren't serious. I'd say 80% of the player-base doesn't cap VP, doesn't cap conquest, and basically just chill around and do things like LFR. There was some statistic a couple months back that showed that only like 10% of players actually do 10 man raiding or something, if my memory serves me well. What % of people have ever been above 1500 rating in arena?

Just because a large amount of people play the class doesn't mean that large amount isn't hitting a wall with entrance to RBG's and hitting a brick wall in arena rating when people learn to CC the flash guy who hurts.

So basically Ghostcrawler is telling us that the only way to fix Ret is to boycott the spec until the number of Rets drops low enough? I can't believe he is naive enough to tell players to their face that specs are balanced around population, rather than actual PvP performance... He's starting to be as undiplomatic as Kalgan, and considering the MMO market is no longer securely in their grasp, I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into. Who wants to seriously invest time and money in an MMO in which your toon can become barely playable just because a lot of people like it. How dense do you have to be to not understand that the reason Ret is popular is because Paladins are a gigantic part of Warcraft lore.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think another reason there's so many Paladins is because people see how BG Hero Ret can be and re-roll. Honestly, seeing comments like "man this makes me wanna level my Ret!" on youtube video guides and in BG's just makes me wanna caution every person interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I think another reason there's so many Paladins is because people see how BG Hero Ret can be and re-roll. Honestly, seeing comments like "man this makes me wanna level my Ret!" on youtube video guides and in BG's just makes me wanna caution every person interested.
    Yeah, the way Ret was in Wrath of the Lichking led to a large number of flavor of the month re-rollers. Though people have always been too easily impressed with high burst specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if they found a way to make ret skill based again, *cough* seal twisting *cough*, the weekend warrior rets wouldn't be an issue.

Ah, the faceroll argument again. Because it takes 1337 skillz to Swifty someone in a charge stun. Maybe if other classes got where they were by having a high skill cap, this might be an issue, but frankly I don't believe it to be the case.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Ah, the faceroll argument again. Because it takes 1337 skillz to Swifty someone in a charge stun. Maybe if other classes got where they were by having a high skill cap, this might be an issue, but frankly I don't believe it to be the case.
    No, but giving plate classes reasons and situations to jump between stances/seals/presences does promote skillful play. Also... when they hell are people going to stop freakin calling them Swifty macros? It's not like he invented the idea.

I just read Ghostcrawler twitter. from mmochampion main page.
    You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid.
    GC : There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together.
    So then ..... they "balance" of PvP is about around the number of people that are playing a class? , rather than the quality of life and balance issues of a class?

Quote Originally Posted by Icecold3000 View Post
    I just read Ghostcrawler twitter. from mmochampion main page.

So then ..... they "balance" of PvP is about around the number of people that are playing a class? , rather than the quality of life and balance issues of a class?
    Yeah, I guess everyone should just stop playing Ret for a month or so. Maybe they would take things more seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I guess everyone should just stop playing Ret for a month or so. Maybe they would take things more seriously.
    That's his opinion, too. It's official. The solution is to stop playing:

I'm saying that despite perceptions, there are still plenty of Rets so maybe they're not in as dire shape as monks.
    Seriously ... what is going on with that guy? Is he just avoiding the issue or actually just gonna not buff Ret because "there are still plenty"?
    I ... I don't know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    That's his opinion, too. It's official. The solution is to stop playing:

Seriously ... what is going on with that guy? Is he just avoiding the issue or actually just gonna not buff Ret because "there are still plenty"?
    I ... I don't know what to say.
    He's been using the same tactic to avoid answer questions since he's started talking with the community, he just misdirects and we focus on what he said rather than our question/problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been using the same tactic to avoid answer questions since he's started talking with the community, he just misdirects and we focus on what he said rather than our question/problem.
    Well, the problem won't dissapear for sure. And I'm certain Rets won't stop either. All this answer does is undermine his reputation and accountability even more. Last time I've heard crap like that was when Kalgan was still in charge.
    Strategically, it's not a good move at all.
    Last edited by Andron; 2013-02-25 at 01:58 PM.