Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Ra'den has 30 attempts per week limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray for artificially extending the length of the tier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People complain about bosses dying in the first week.
    Now they get to complain about them not.
    Moorden (Main)

Wrath had 2 of those bosses with limited attempts and they were both enjoyed by most of the community, I see no reason why the shouldn't introduce another one.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because an optional boss that only like...0,0001% will see is "artificially extending the tier"
    No, not letting people play the game as much as they want to is artificially extending the tier.

Because an optional boss that only like...0,0001% will see is "artificially extending the tier"
    No crap, if it takes you more than 30 attempts I think its a good time to take a breather and idk watch a movie go outside something other than sit trying a boss for the 31st time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    No crap, if it takes you more than 30 attempts I think its a good time to take a breather and idk watch a movie go outside something other than sit trying a boss for the 31st time.
    Most heroic modes take more than 30 pulls for guilds on first kill. /newsflash.

Also I like this. At least it's better than just having one hour per reset like on Algalon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    Wrath had 2 of those bosses with limited attempts and they were both enjoyed by most of the community, I see no reason why the shouldn't introduce another one.
    No, Algalon was bugged and you couldnt engage him anymore after the first pull. We already had feedback on limited attempt bosses, and it was mostly negative.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those that have done 12Hc bosses and want to finish the tier as quickly as possible, this means you can't finish it as fast as you'd be able to if you just had unlimited attempts.

You've never done early heroic progression, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    For those that have done 12Hc bosses and want to finish the tier as quickly as possible, this means you can't finish it as fast as you'd be able to if you just had unlimited attempts.
    Guilds like Blood Legion, who could effectively use each of their alts for an attempt won't mind so much... Guilds with less time are going to get screwed.

Get your alt raids ready?

On a more serious note: I don't really mind this kind of stuff too much, 30 pulls can be 2 full raid nights which is quite a lot, as long as there isn't anything related to doing it within X amount of pulls (ToC style). In general disturbing progress like this too much isn't good, but blizzard chose a "when it feels right" approach, which I guess this fits.
    Last edited by Sildor; 2013-02-15 at 10:28 PM.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Top guilds sometimes do over 100 tries on heroic bosses.

Not on all of them of course, but some.

Deleted
    For the hardcorest of Hardcore...weren't people complaining shit was "too easy"?
    Attempts don't make anything harder though, it just means instead of actually playing the game you get to wait around for cooldowns to come back up and discuss tactics so you don't waste your weeks attempts, its really not all that fun

If I remember heroic putricide especially, top end guilds would first use the 30 attempts on numerous alt groups to learn the fight before actually doing it with their "mains".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, Algalon was bugged and you couldnt engage him anymore after the first pull. We already had feedback on limited attempt bosses, and it was mostly negative.
    I dunno about bugs, but there was a 1 hour timer per reset until they removed it some time later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

Didn't STARS say they had like 350+ pulls on Madness back in DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted

Ragnaros took more than 500 pulls for some top 20 guilds

Paragon said they had 500 attempts on heroic Rag before they killed him.

Deleted
    oh yeah and by the way, please let us hope we won't have limited attempts on Ra'Den, only thing it will result in is alts, and standing around waiting for CD's to go off CD...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Guilds like Blood Legion, who could effectively use each of their alts for an attempt won't mind so much... Guilds with less time are going to get screwed.
    Hold on, you think Blood Legion can do 2 full heroic clears in 1 week so they can get 30 extra attempts on Ra'den, while progressing in the earliest weeks? Don't think so.