Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you miss Thrall's Horde?

Watch this again, especially if you didnt play in Wrath. didn't it feel good to fight alongside this guy? I kind of miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, every bloody day.

Thralls horde held honor among its own. It stood together on equal ground, even if there were differences, there was a level of trust and respect to each other.

Thrall also made even the weaker elements in the horde into ones to be respectful for, he treated peons as people instead of tools.

The horde as it is now, you only reason the horde hasn't collapsed, is because there is still that element of brotherhood under the surface, despite all the poison ones like Garrosh has infected it with.

I dare say theres going to be some garrosh patties saying otherwise, but theres nothing from Garrosh's leadership that has kept the horde together.

Oh hell yeah, but I miss saurfang more.

You want an orc with honor? one you can get behind?

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"

From the AQ opening event back in vanilla.

Saurfang for warchief.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was nice to have your faction's leader show up and think, "What badass thing is he going to do this time?"

These days it's more "What stupid and laughably evil thing is he going to do this time?"

Yeah, I do and I hope it'll be returning somewhat after Garrosh's downfall.

Nah, not really. I like playing evil guys just more

Pity we can't really play a very ''evil'' faction or race in WoW. I'd love to join the Scourge.

Honestly though I don't want thrall back anymore, not the current thrall anyway.

If I could go back to the old thrall like the one in the battle for undercity, hell yeah.

but the new robe wearing hippy thrall with his knocked up wife? no thanks.

gimme saurfang or voljin and i'll be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Oh hell yeah, but I miss saurfang more.

You want an orc with honor? one you can get behind?

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"

From the AQ opening event back in vanilla.

Saurfang for warchief.
    Saurfang does not have that much honor. he drank the blood of Mannoroth and led the siege on Stormwind during the first war(?) he sort of redeemed himself, but he was far from honourable.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Saurfang does not have that much honor. he drank the blood of Mannoroth and led the siege on Stormwind during the first war(?) he sort of redeemed himself, but he was far from honourable.
    wha--? he totally redeemed himself, he made mistakes and acknowledges that, learned from them, and has sworn to never let that happen again, he even threatened to personally kill Garrosh if he took the horde down that road again.

It was impressive to see such unity and respect along with a commensurate sense of might to back it up among the Horde's forces. Thrall was definitely a great warchief, there's very little disputing that. As Blizzard themselves admitted though, he was becoming a bit of a Marty Stu character (male counterpart of Mary Sue), so the change to Garrosh, although not necessarily forming a "stronger, more unified" Horde, was necessary to shake the story up a bit and make it interesting.

Deleted
    anyway, i do miss Thralls horde, Garrosh is running into the horde into the ground, if he wasn't being killed of in the siege of Orgrimmar i dont think it would be long before the horde disbanded. the blood elves talked of leaving during the dominance offensive questline, Sylvanas dislikes tyrants, Vol'jin despises him and what he has done to Thralls horde, and im not sure about the Tauren, they dont get much lore.
    i dont think we will get thrall back as warchief, he seems to powerful now. and in the 5.3 sound files i really like what i hear from lorthemr'theron, he sounds like a true horde the questline.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:28 AM ----------

wha--? he totally redeemed himself, he made mistakes and acknowledges that, learned from them, and has sworn to never let that happen again, he even threatened to personally kill Garrosh if he took the horde down that road again.
    i said he redeemed himself, but he still was not an honourable orc. can't forget his past deeds so easily. and i hope he does show up at the siege of Orgrimmar, he needs to live up to his promise of killing Garrosh.

i said he redeemed himself, but he still was not an honourable orc. can't forget his past deeds so easily. and i hope he does show up at the siege of Orgrimmar, he needs to live up to his promise of killing Garrosh.
    Maybe he didn't have honor then, but now he is the embodiment of the noble-savage warrior pride that characterizes the Orcs.

and even if he was tricked into the blood curse by the legion like the rest he still had the sense to hide his son away so that he would not be tainted.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-16 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    I miss the horde that was like Thrall somehow managed to unite all these diverse races that were suffering prejudice and somehow formed an army from 4 very insignificant races across arathor.

For me I just think we don't see enough of the leaders out of their throne rooms, doing anything...

Are you kidding?

The man has devoted his life to honor since that day, and has made it his duty to make sure the Orcs do not tread down that path ever again.

I find him extremely honorable.

All I could think of by your post was that Saurfang is basically Prince Zuko.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Are you kidding?

The man has devoted his life to honor since that day, and has made it his duty to make sure the Orcs do not tread down that path ever again.

Pretty much, I mean he is a veteran of all three great wars, the brother of broxigar (the greatest warrior to ever live), he has honor because hes made mistakes.

I don't miss being carebears with the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yes, every bloody day.

Thralls horde held honor among its own. It stood together on equal ground, even if there were differences, there was a level of trust and respect to each other.

Thrall also made even the weaker elements in the horde into ones to be respectful for, he treated peons as people instead of tools.

The horde as it is now, you only reason the horde hasn't collapsed, is because there is still that element of brotherhood under the surface, despite all the poison ones like Garrosh has infected it with.

I dare say theres going to be some garrosh patties saying otherwise, but theres nothing from Garrosh's leadership that has kept the horde together.
    Trassk, You said it the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Are you kidding?

Saurfang told Garrosh we would kill him if he put the Orcs down that road. Vol'jin threaten him, Varian & Jaina both wanna cripple him.

Garrosh had dun goofed, Baine & Lorthe'mar are planning to over throw him, Sylvanas is busy turning Koltira into her sex slave.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-16 at 12:56 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Pretty much, I mean he is a veteran of all three great wars, the brother of broxigar (the greatest warrior to ever live), he has honor because hes made mistakes.

im just saying hes slaughtered thousands of innocents, to be redeemed in my eyes i want to see him personally cut off Garroshes head. saying "i wont let garrosh do it" doesnt make him honourable to me, i want to see him do it. lets see his devotion to never letting the horde walk that path again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:01 AM ----------

anyway, this is a bit silly. i like Saurfang, and would love to see him kill Garrosh and become Warchief and lead the horde back to how Thrall intended.

im just saying hes slaughtered thousands of innocents, to be redeemed in my eyes i want to see him personally cut off Garroshes head. saying "i wont let garrosh do it" doesnt make him honourable to me, i want to see him do it. lets see his devotion to never letting the horde walk that path again.
    The legion made him do those things under the influence of the blood curse, since he was freed from it he lives in constant disgust of what he did under their command.

I hope we will get to see him live up to that promise, I really hope his sons death wasn't blizzards way of writing him off. The horde needs him now more than ever.

If honor to you is just killing the characters you personally don't like, then I don't think you understand the plot.