Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Modern Warfare 4 Wishlist

What would you like to see in the new Modern Warfare installment? What era would you like? What features would you enjoy?

I bundled my opinions in this video because I had a lot to talk about but you guys can just leave a comment here! I'd love to start some discussion about this.

It would be cool if it could be WW2 themed with the current graphic capabilities!

10+ Year Old Account
    zombie soap.
    /thread
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    zombie soap.
    /thread
    Oh please god no! Vietnam would be a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Oh please god no! Vietnam would be a cool idea.
    Then it wouldnt be modern.

I wish it would never get made, the franchise has already been milked too far much, the games haven't been good since cod2. Even if they did return to ww2 it would still be the same shit with killstreaks and perks which ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I wish it would never get made, the franchise has already been milked too far much, the games haven't been good since cod2. Even if they did return to ww2 it would still be the same shit with killstreaks and perks which ruined the game.
    So true, cod4 was decent. But CoD2/UO was clearly the best CoD games in the series.

The only thing I'd wish for is that it would be developed for PC, and then ported to consoles. Oh and dedicated servers.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Why are you calling it MW4 and not CoD 10? I know it was announced that a new one is coming this year but I don't remember it being said it was a MW game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    What would you like to see in the new Modern Warfare installment? What era would you like? What features would you enjoy?
    Skip the console market and make a decent fps for pc only...will never happen, but one can hope <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Skip the console market and make a decent fps for pc only...will never happen, but one can hope <.<
    Idek what to say about this....

I think it'd be nice if it wasn't "Modern Warfare" themed anymore.....there's only so much you can do with that.

That Police Warfare thing comes to mind though, what I'm curious about is if it's going to be next gen or not.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Police Warfare
    Call of Duty: Political Warfare, as many factions engage in heated debate, one soap must come to a compromise. Make it like 24.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure you aren't supposed to advertise youtube videos like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Im pretty sure you aren't supposed to advertise youtube videos like this.
    It's just a video I made and I wanted to post it like this instead of a big paragraph that you guys wouldn't read anyways.

Model 1887. Akimbo if possible.

Deleted
    dedicated servers on pc please!

To be completely honest, I have no idea. CoD is king of the twitch-action run and gun gameplay, which by its very nature is incredibly simplistic. Not much you can really ADD to it... thus why all the games are pretty much exactly the same with slightly changed graphics and maybe a few new gadgets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

How about closing the curtains on the CoD series? Seriously, it's like beating a dead horse already.

- Return to a Modern Warfare 2 design philosophy. That includes returning to that game's engine, reintroducing verticality to the maps, creating natural choke points and reducing the amount of rooms and alleyways between areas. Think invasion, it featured three long streets with buildings in between the main one, which provided cover but still gave the player options on how to navigate the map without getting gibbed in the back.
    - Make a decision on shotguns. Powerful and primaries, or weak and secondaries. Making them weak and primaries is just butchering them to uselessness.
    - Reintroduce stopping power. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it kills game balance. Actually no, it doesn't, because it forces users to make a choice: brute force, or tactical gameplay. Tactical gameplay now requires a meaningful sacrifice as supposed to reigning king.
    - If you are going to have a Marathon-like perk, make it unlimited sprint, double sprint is just too weak to work putting in for a perk choice.
    - Better and clearer perk tiers. Tier 1: Performance, Tier 2: Playstyle, Tier 3: Utility. Performance increases a certain stat (i.e. explosive protection, run duration, reload speed). Playstyle is pretty obvious (stopping power, stealth perks, speed perks) would fall here. Utility provides what it says (audio quality, explosive detection, etc., steady aim)
    - Balancing around roles. Players that choose classes that clearly define a role should excel at that role but be weaker in others. If I choose a class that focuses on hipfiring, then my damage at range should be limited but my close range combat should be unparalleled. The same with long range combat, if a sniper gets closed in on, he should be helpless to defend against it (it's an arcade game, so I would be okay with bullets doing less damage at close range, but what I would prefer is the sniper bullet to be extremely inaccurate unless steadied).
    - I would like to see bullet projectile speed and gravity, so long range combat is more difficult than point and shoot. Would also help define the roles of weapon classes more (sniper bullets have a higher speed, assault rifles have a medium speed so the drop is noticeable at long range combat, SMG's would be near useless at that range).
    - Map size larger than MW3, but smaller than Derail. If you're going to play 6v6, make the maps the size of Skidrow, and if it's 9v9, Afghan is a good size.

I understand that none of these suggestions are going to make it in the next call of duty, but that's what I would like to see. Wishful thinking, at best.
    Last edited by Putmalk; 2013-02-17 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I play too much planetside, I said cert instead of perk
    We'll be right here eating popcorn while you get it in.

Deleted
    Kill the MW series, take it back to it's roots, WW2.

Deleted
    For activision to actually change the series and not make it a £60 map pack and guns. I like CoD but it's becoming a joke how similar they all feel now, they've been using the same engine since CoD4, about time a new one is made.