Help with choosing a sound card.

Hey guys,can any of you fine folks recommend a good sound card for around 150 bucks. TY!!

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    He's looking for a sound card. <.<
    Yeah, I misread.

Overclock.net's most commonly recommended audio guide (includes soundcards)

Omg with the ninja edits and deletes. Had to delete my own as to not look stupid, lol.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    Hey guys,can any of you fine folks recommend a good sound card for around 150 bucks. TY!!
    Are you sure you actually need one? You using high end headphones where you can hear the difference?

Asus Xonar DG or DGX are good picks in $30 range for basic soundcard with headphone amp that beats all integrated audio in quality, you don't need to go for $150 unless professional recording is what you're after. And if it is pro recording you need it for, you should pick up external USB box instead of any card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'm not sure if upgrading my sound card will make a big differnece.I am using the onboard audio on the p8z77-v MB.I do have a very nice audio set up and headset to match.Have seen alot of conflicting posts about noticing a big differnece when switching to a dedicated sound card.Any input would be very helpful.

Generally not worth getting a dedicated card unless you are an audiophile. Onboard sound is more than fine

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    I'm not sure if upgrading my sound card will make a big differnece. I do have a very nice audio set up and headset to match.
    Really depends on how nice. People rarely have good grasp of what is good audio hardware unless they are audiophiles and know it.

For example $150 Logitech or Creative 5.1 sets are not high quality audio. Corsair's SP2500 is much better and will get some use out of extra $30 spent on better soundcard.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.