Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What if Garrosh is NOT the final boss

With everything we see Garrosh's horde do day in, and day out we understand he will be the final boss of the expansion. Now how would these things be viewed if we were not told he was the final boss? Why would Blizzard "spoil" their own expansion? Was it to keep Horde players who didn't agree with the Warchief with the Horde, since they would take their revenge?

There are many questions to be asked, but I was curious if Garrosh was NOT going to be the final boss for Mists of Pandaria, would this affect how you viewed him?

Edit: For me, I would not view him as the villain he will soon be, and I guess I would be more interested in how Blizzard is writing the new Horde. This could potentially be why they said he would be the end boss?
    Last edited by PvPisthelifeforme; 2013-02-16 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your thread title is misleading. you make it appear like your posting some news about whats going to happen in siege, but instead its just your 'what if' opinion.

Change the title to 'what if garrosh is not the final boss"

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your thread title is misleading. you make it appear like your posting some news about whats going to happen in siege, but instead its just your 'what if' opinion.
    You say this as if thread titles are never misleading .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    This is more than misleading. You're flat out saying "Garrosh is NOT the final boss".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

You say this as if this is an excuse to post misleading thread titles. Please edit your topic title. Thanks.

Clearly we are getting off-topic here... mod shut it down please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fixed your title

With everything we see Garrosh's horde do day in, and day out we understand he will be the final boss of the expansion. Now how would these things be viewed if we were not told he was the final boss? Why would Blizzard "spoil" their own expansion? Was it to keep Horde players who didn't agree with the Warchief with the Horde, since they would take their revenge?

There are many questions to be asked, but I was curious if Garrosh was NOT going to be the final boss for Mists of Pandaria, would this affect how you viewed him?

Edit: For me, I would not view him as the villain he will soon be, and I guess I would be more interested in how Blizzard is writing the new Horde. This could potentially be why they said he would be the end boss?
    Its not spoiling anything, we always knew, in each expansion, who was going to be the final boss.

It will be him, everything points to that, including the devs saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    all you need to do is edit the title of the thread.

Edit: doh, you beat me Darsithis

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:45 AM ----------

Anyway, lets throw something into the mix here.

Lets have Garrosh as the official final boss in the regular raid. however, what they could do in the heroic version is either have an added final boss, or an additional phase to the fight revealing something else sinister, such as whatever Garrosh was doing, something comes from it.

However, I think given the reaction to how they played bastion of twilight and Sinestra, people felt they were missing out on normal mode, so they stopped doing that, and approached it more like the ragnaros fight with his added final phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine he wouldn't be the last boss. Who would come after Garrosh?

I still wouldn't view him any differently. At all. He bombed Theramore, the asshole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I still wouldn't view him any differently. At all. He bombed Theramore, the asshole.
    The general idea with Garrosh not being the final boss is that there is some kind of force corrupting him (I've heard: Sha, Demon, Dragon, Old God). In which case he would be the second to last boss.

If it's saying he wouldn't be a boss at all? I don't think as many people would be calling him a monster or "war criminal". He'd still be a major douchebag, but I don't think there would be as much vitriol because he isn't a villain then
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    "Garrosh will be the final boss of MoP"

Only the WoW community could misconstrue that.

halion 2.0, for Ruby sanctum was merely a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title is still misleading. I'm pretty sure the OP is asking "What if we didn't know Garrosh was the final boss?"

Without knowing that Garrosh will be turned on by everyone. There would be much more credence to the claim that Garrosh's views are shared by the people of the Horde. At least until 5.1 came out. The spoiler prevents the backlash Blizzard could have faced for turning the Horde into the "bad guys" when the 2 WoW factions aren't supposed to be so definitive.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-16 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    halion 2.0, for Ruby sanctum was merely a setback.
    the what? The filler raid that gave the same item level loot as icc so nobody cared sanctum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read in some other threat that Malkorok the grey-skinned orc is most likely hiding something.
    And some guy on the WoW forums believes he could be Kil'Jaiden or some other demon, attempting to corrupt the orcs like in the past.

If so, then I reckon after Garrosh, you would face the demon, and then it would lead on into the Burning Legion 2 expansion

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:01 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6571627404

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20228493
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Garrosh will be the final boss... Personally, my money is on some Garrosh/Sha hybrid, having the orc try to do what his father could never accomplish, and bring the orcs together under one powerful rule. In forsaking Grom's sacrifice, the entire world will unite against him...

What I'm **REALLY** hoping for is that the only way to defeat the Sha of Angst/Garrosh combo is for someone to perform a truly selfless act to counter the emotion... and Wrynn sacrifices himself to weaken Garrosh enough for the players to finish him. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of Garrosh (either killed in combat [not likely] or simply de-powered and left to be dealt with by the Horde), and get rid of Wrynn, while giving him a noble send-off, paving the road for Anduin and Baine to lead their two factions to a lasting peace, and restoring balance to Pandaria.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Just read in some other threat that Malkorok the grey-skinned orc is most likely hiding something.
    And some guy on the WoW forums believes he could be Kil'Jaiden or some other demon, attempting to corrupt the orcs like in the past.

If so, then I reckon after Garrosh, you would face the demon, and then it would lead on into the Burning Legion 2 expansion

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:01 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6571627404

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20228493
    I still think Malkorak is not KJ, he needs to be summon in to the world & we stopped him at the SunWell. Its prbly a Dreadlord or Kazzak for all we know.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-16 at 03:12 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The Sha possessing him.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Garrosh will be the final boss... Personally, my money is on some Garrosh/Sha hybrid, having the orc try to do what his father could never accomplish, and bring the orcs together under one powerful rule. In forsaking Grom's sacrifice, the entire world will unite against him...

What I'm **REALLY** hoping for is that the only way to defeat the Sha of Angst/Garrosh combo is for someone to perform a truly selfless act to counter the emotion... and Wrynn sacrifices himself to weaken Garrosh enough for the players to finish him. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of Garrosh (either killed in combat [not likely] or simply de-powered and left to be dealt with by the Horde), and get rid of Wrynn, while giving him a noble send-off, paving the road for Anduin and Baine to lead their two factions to a lasting peace, and restoring balance to Pandaria.
    oh yes because Jaina's really gonna be on board with that. You do know that by now, Varian is the one who would be far more open to peace when she would.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The Sha possessing him.
    The devs said there won't be any form of possession involved.