Why do the Resounding rings gloves not have a socket?

Even the normal version does not have one, is it intended?

I know... I struggle to understand why my Thunderfury has 5 agility and not 7.

My Sha-Skin Gloves don't have a socket, why would the warrior ones?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

It comes down to...stat budget I think its called. Essentially if they put a socket on the gloves, it means they'd have had less strength. its something like that.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason you don't see Socket Rings/Triple Socket items/Socket(Double) Necks etc. as often in the beginning tier of expansion gear. There needs to be room for the gear to grow socket wise as there are more tiers of gear available.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    To get do a more theoretic answer, item level is a function of total allocated stats for a set number. So 500 ilvl piece of gear has a certain "budget" as it were. Think of it as a simcity game,you spend money on roads you have less to build houses with. Likewise, if a piece has a socket, it has less of a budget for more strength or secondary stats. Likewise, the more secondary stats a piece has, the less primary stats. This is not a hard and fast rule, necessarily. The reason the heroic cloak off Lord Ryloith in Firelands was still BiS for hunters in heroic DS was because the 391 cloak was over budgeted, since it had 3 sockets (And epic gems were introduced, meaning that meant 30 more agility) and maybe the other stats were over budgeted too (I forget). But this is why you may see a blue with no socket having higher strength than a purple with sockets,or another blue with sockets.

I reckon the OP saw an engineer with a Resounding Rings Gloves with a socket and is wondering why his doesn't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    I reckon the OP saw an engineer with a Resounding Rings Gloves with a socket and is wondering why his doesn't have one.
    It'd be a blacksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It'd be a blacksmith.
    Y-yup... It is. How the hell did I mix those two up? They are both professions I use on my main. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Y-yup... It is. How the hell did I mix those two up? They are both professions I use on my main. -_-
    Because engeneering also makes synapse springs thingy on gloves to, making you gain a stat every 1min

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Evil plot by Blizzard so more people will switch to blacksmithing, and then see all the new cool stuff they added to that profession?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.