Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by sarj313 View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...luffs/advanced
    I'm over that BP .. im at 10348.. I'll keep using them. Maybe after I get some Ra-Den loot it will show different . Thanks Slippykins
    I imported you and switched bracers (assuming they would both be 541's double upgraded) and saw a ~9 DPS difference. On Wowhead the two items have a 2 stat disparity (in favour of the Jin'rokh bracers) but on WrathCalcs it's an 8 stat disparity (in favour of the Tortos ones). So you should see a slight increase from the Vampire Bat-Hide Bracers in WrathCalcs, but nothing near 1k DPS.

  2. #482
    Putting it here for visibility: if anyone spots any items (in-game, not from Armory please) with large differences after upgrade to the Wrathcalcs value, please take a screenshot & post in the Wrathcalcs thread/PM me with it so we can identify what's going on.

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    Putting it here for visibility: if anyone spots any items (in-game, not from Armory please) with large differences after upgrade to the Wrathcalcs value, please take a screenshot & post in the Wrathcalcs thread/PM me with it so we can identify what's going on.
    How large differences are you after? Or does posting small changes in items help you as well? I have at least one item which has stat differences from 2 to 13 which is quite minor but is there anyways.

  4. #484
    Anything more than 2 or 3 points I guess. It looks like there may have been a change to how upgrades work, there should be some rounding errors but not to the level we're seeing.

  5. #485
    Now that we have upgrades will this list be updated? we can easily get 2/2 upgraded in every slot this patch with the reduced VP cost of an upgrade, it may be useful to attempt to go through again (if you can be bothered) and see the changes. Up to you though Slippy love your work
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

    We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

  6. #486
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Now that we have upgrades will this list be updated? we can easily get 2/2 upgraded in every slot this patch with the reduced VP cost of an upgrade, it may be useful to attempt to go through again (if you can be bothered) and see the changes. Up to you though Slippy love your work
    The list already includes 2/2 upgrades.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    The list already includes 2/2 upgrades.
    Well aren't you one very productive pony. A big thank you once again for this list and the time/effort you put into it, appreciate it very very much! <3
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

    We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    Putting it here for visibility: if anyone spots any items (in-game, not from Armory please) with large differences after upgrade to the Wrathcalcs value, please take a screenshot & post in the Wrathcalcs thread/PM me with it so we can identify what's going on.
    Not entirely related to your shout-out, but I'm currently using the heroic scenario random enchantment bracers, and they are ruining WrathCalcs. Even if I choose the enchantment manually, it wont allow me to choose the "item" as the Ale-Boiled Bindings (http://www.wowhead.com/item=98209), and I assume this goes for all the new heroic scenario items. Also, I used WrathCalcs 130522 (p. 55 on the WrathCalcs thread on EJ).

    For reference, the item ID is 98209 and my character (for WrathCalcs input) is Zareth on EU-Arathor (NE).
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

  9. #489
    Yeah, the new random items will be included in the next version. I'm working on the upgrades changes at the moment. Thanks for the info on the bracers.

  10. #490
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    I noticed the small errors in upgrade stats for WrathCalcs - even though this probably messes a little bit with the haste breakpoint and reforging/gemming, I very much doubt it'll change any of the pieces for the list. If Tec/Hamlet end up figuring out the whole complicated mess I'll go and rework the list to make sure it's correct, but otherwise the pieces will pretty much be static.

  11. #491
    is FoN rly bettter then inc? ive spoken and looked up most boomkin at the very top and they all use/say that they prefer incarnation over FoN and feel its better

  12. #492
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    is FoN rly bettter then inc? ive spoken and looked up most boomkin at the very top and they all use/say that they prefer incarnation over FoN and feel its better
    FoN is much better for single-target and two-target fights. Top boomkins can say how they feel and stick to what's worked for them as much as they want, but almost all theorycrafters for boomkins will agree that FoN is an excessively strong option for 5.3. For it to even be in line with Incarnation for single-target/two-target fights, the DPS value of FoN would need to be overestimated by over 100%. That's a little more than a margin of error. We're pretty confident in its representation, and after the problems on the PTR were fixed it seems to be working as expected (99% of the time). There's still a slight issue with hero/meta/NG/boomkin stacking on the pull, but this represents a small portion of the fight.

  13. #493
    Its seeming a bit hit and miss for me, but best to put this in the Moonkin discussion thread

  14. #494
    With us moving up a BP, I assumed our trinkets would be Cha-Ye's and Hydra. Am I missing something or is using FoN during Wushoolay's proc as well as renewing dots at max stacks better? Not being in a guild that has gotten to Ra-Den may be altering my BiS list, as I am not able to get those loots and settle for others that have quite a bit of hit on them, so that could be why I am hesitant on Wushoolay's.

  15. #495
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Letharg1c View Post
    With us moving up a BP, I assumed our trinkets would be Cha-Ye's and Hydra. Am I missing something or is using FoN during Wushoolay's proc as well as renewing dots at max stacks better? Not being in a guild that has gotten to Ra-Den may be altering my BiS list, as I am not able to get those loots and settle for others that have quite a bit of hit on them, so that could be why I am hesitant on Wushoolay's.
    Using FoN during trinket procs has been the general consensus over the past week or so - your NG uptime should be nearing 100% so that's not important to align FoN with.

    Technically since we have to reforge for both the hit and haste caps, hit = haste = crit for gear, so the 1.7k or so hit on Wushoolay's is just like having 1.7k haste with Breath or 1.7k crit with Cha-Ye's - as long as the hit can be reforged, it'll be put to use in either hitting the haste breakpoint or getting more crit. Therefore, we focus on the procs themselves and Wushoolay's is better than Breath.

    If your guild doesn't look to be getting to Ra-den, there aren't many other options for the Ra-den pieces. Check out the T15 normal BiS list and you should be able to see the best stuff for that set, which will translate to heroic.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Using FoN during trinket procs has been the general consensus over the past week or so - your NG uptime should be nearing 100% so that's not important to align FoN with.

    Technically since we have to reforge for both the hit and haste caps, hit = haste = crit for gear, so the 1.7k or so hit on Wushoolay's is just like having 1.7k haste with Breath or 1.7k crit with Cha-Ye's - as long as the hit can be reforged, it'll be put to use in either hitting the haste breakpoint or getting more crit. Therefore, we focus on the procs themselves and Wushoolay's is better than Breath.

    If your guild doesn't look to be getting to Ra-den, there aren't many other options for the Ra-den pieces. Check out the T15 normal BiS list and you should be able to see the best stuff for that set, which will translate to heroic.
    I'l get to Ra-den (eventually), Thinking about giving Treez a bash on a fight or two this week just to see what its like. Wouldnt mind these coins actually giving me some god damn loots for once.
    haste chest from tortos a decent peice to grab if it drops over teir chest?

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'l get to Ra-den (eventually), Thinking about giving Treez a bash on a fight or two this week just to see what its like. Wouldnt mind these coins actually giving me some god damn loots for once.
    haste chest from tortos a decent peice to grab if it drops over teir chest?
    Yes, Its not a half bad grab. If you don't get it, the Heroic Resto tier chest is pretty good aswell. I believe the ranking is Heroic TF Tortos chest > Heroic Resto Tier chest > Heroic Tortos chest. But really, if the gear is an Ilvl upgrade it will, more likely than not, be worth using.
    Last edited by Minituk; 2013-05-31 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammarz
    Minituk Raider in TF

  18. #498
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Minituk View Post
    Yes, Its not a half bad grab. If you don't get it, the Heroic Resto tier chest is pretty good aswell. I believe the ranking is Heroic TF Tortos chest > Heroic Resto Tier chest > Heroic Tortos chest. But really, if the gear is an Ilvl upgrade it will, more likely than not, be worth using.
    Yeah I'd agree with that. I believe the H TF Tortos chest is just a bit above the H restored tier chest, but that was evaluated before we considered the 10289 breakpoint. The gap might be slightly larger now, but I won't have a computer for a few days to check. Both are really good options anyway.

  19. #499
    I wont be killing Heroic Dark Wipimus for a while yet, only 5/13 and its gonna be 11th boss to down for us (I think) we have tortos on farm so hopefully chest drops this week
    Just trying to sort out some slightly better peices to gain more crit sitting just under 10k rating with 10296 build atm

  20. #500
    High Overlord Dirtdogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA, YoLo Town
    Posts
    162
    Would Breath not be better for the initial burst other than the Stacking one? Or has this been posted about already was just wondering.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •