Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    At some point we will get that Legendary meta mini bloodlust proc(30% haste) that will give an interesting twist to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    The most likely use of the trinket and cooldowns would be a normal burst rotation (start 1 cast from Lunar, then pop Incarnation/CA at the normal burst times), and as soon as the trinket procs you reapply both dots. If there's 2 targets, reapply all four dots. We shouldn't be saving cooldowns for it, CA inclusive. When it procs, it procs, and we have to react with dot reapplication.
    There is absolutely no point it completely fucking up our starting rotation by relying on a proc, so I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    It has no ICD, I was just playing around with it and had it proc 3 times in a row within 15 seconds. Doesn't seem overly strong a single target fight, but on a fight with multiple targets if you can use Celestial alignment fast enough was very strong, needs more testing though. Also don't like that is a proc would much prefer it if it was an on use trinket.
    That would make it overpowered, considering it would need to be off GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Average time between procs is way simpler than that. Just 60s / (0.5(RPPM)*(1+haste)). Should be around 85 seconds.

50.8 seconds can't be right, anyway, as that would be way over 1 PPM. You'd need over 100% haste to get there.
    Between Nature's Grace (15%), the new Legendary Meta (30%) and basic haste on T15 gear (~20%) that is roughly 65% haste which (when those procs are active) would put us at roughly 72 seconds not including Hero/Lust.

Frankly I found this trinket to be underwhelming - it's a ton of fun when it procs and you get to chain SS for a bit but sometimes it goes on annoying dry streaks where the dots are critting and no SS procs happen (I need to test it more to make sure it's not a bug). Since the window is only 4s, there is bound to be some reaction time lost (even if you have an aura mod to flash when it procs) and unless you use a /stopcasting macro, finishing your hard nuke cast is going to be really painful (especially a 2 second Starfire).

-Pippi
    Last edited by Pippilongear; 2013-02-21 at 04:59 AM.

Sounds about right. 85s was just for lappee's 40% haste.

The "dry streaks" are just randomness at work. Even at 100% crit, we only have a 30% chance to proc Shooting Stars.
    Random numbers often clump up... that's one way to tell random distributions from non-random ones that somebody attempted to make look random: People have a tendency to distribute them far more evenly than they really should be.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-02-21 at 05:16 AM.

Deleted
    ~40% haste is what we normally have, with either bloodlust or the legendary meta proc we have ~80% haste and with both the proc and bloodlust we have 135% haste. Trolls get 155% at best. You need some luck with this trinket thats for sure, Ive had it proc twice within 10 seconds and Ive been procless for 2 minutes !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    ~40% haste is what we normally have, with either bloodlust or the legendary meta proc we have ~80% haste and with both the proc and bloodlust we have 135% haste. Trolls get 155% at best. You need some luck with this trinket thats for sure, Ive had it proc twice within 10 seconds and Ive been procless for 2 minutes !
    But even when it goes unprocd for 2mins (assuming the raid boss doesn't die within those two mins) once it does proc it will far out weigh every other trinket available, no?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Hey Slippy, thanks for updating this for T15, i am a constant user on this topic, i just had a few questions.

1. I have heard discussed alot that Hotw might be the new go to talent in T15, and people were suggesting that this affects our values of int, making it stronger than before (which makes sense), so does this not mean that we should be pushing more int into our gear?
    2. I see you havent included thunderforged gear in a few slots unless i am mistaken, will you consider adding this anytime?

Thanks. Zeriac.
    Last edited by mmoca7842e0a8d; 2013-02-21 at 06:25 PM. Reason: correction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Hey Slippy, thanks for updating this for T15, i am a constant user on this topic, i just had a few questions.

1. I have heard discussed alot that Hotw might be the new go to talent in T15, and people were suggesting that this affects our values of int, making it stronger than before (which makes sense), so does this not mean that we should be pushing more int into our gear?
    2. I see you havent included thunderforged gear in a few slots unless i am mistaken, will you consider adding this anytime?

Thanks. Zeriac.
    WrathCalcs does value int at a higher marginal value with HotW equipped, but 2x Crit is still much higher than 1 int. It's almost always better to go for higher ilvl pieces, and the Thunderforged pieces that are in WrathCalcs I've tried to utilitise as much as possible. Specifically for gems though, crit gems will beat out int/crit or pure int gems at this point in time.

If wowhead/wowdb update their gear lists with Thunderforged pieces in the slots they aren't currently in, then I'll absolutely put them into the list. At the current time, they aren't available in the databases so there's no grounding for stat allocations/if they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The "dry streaks" are just randomness at work. Even at 100% crit, we only have a 30% chance to proc Shooting Stars.
    Random numbers often clump up... that's one way to tell random distributions from non-random ones that somebody attempted to make look random: People have a tendency to distribute them far more evenly than they really should be.
    The dry streak that I was talking about was when I procced my trinket, cast sunfire and moonfire at the target dummy and then started casting Starsurges. A few casts later I hit one of the eclipses (i don't remember which) and suddenly my SS procs stopped happening even though I was watching my MF/SF that kept critting for another 10 seconds or more. I literally didn't get another SS proc until those super-crit-buffed dots fell off. That seemed more like a bug than random chance but I will have to sit in front of a testing dummy for a while longer to make sure.

-PP

Unless this somehow happens every time we enter (or leave) an Eclipse, i wouldn't give it much thought. If it does, however, we might be seeing some sort of bug.

I don't think all the gear is on the dungeon journal. I think all the bosses have a chance to drop Thunderforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    I don't think all the gear is on the dungeon journal. I think all the bosses have a chance to drop Thunderforge.
    I agree, but since it isn't in the databases we have nothing to go off.... yet. Once it's in, Tec'll update the gear list in WrathCalcs and we'll be able to go from there.

Also, in other news: Hamlet's in the process of updating WrathCalcs to be compatible with 2- and 3-target fights, with a Work-In-Progress build available from the WrathCalcs thread. This means we'll be able to, definitively, model almost all of the fights in Throne of Thunder, and thus have a very accurate approximation for the best reforge/gemming strategy in 5.2. Should help a lot to put out the dissent with haste BP/crit floating around since 5.1.

I was watching streams today, and thunderforged gear was dropping. One dropped one piece, another dropped nothing, Then one dropped 3. Therefore it's safe to say it won't be as hard to get the items as you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    I was watching streams today, and thunderforged gear was dropping. One dropped one piece, another dropped nothing, Then one dropped 3. Therefore it's safe to say it won't be as hard to get the items as you think.
    I think the thunderforged has a higher dropchance in PTR then it will have on live, just for the testing of it.

Was this in 10 man or 25 man? 25 man does have a higher chance to drop thunderforge gear after all.

EDIT: ignore the stupid question, it was 25 man. Move along folks, nothing to see here. :]
    Last edited by Sainiunit; 2013-02-22 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    Was this in 10 man or 25 man? 25 man does have a higher chance to drop thunderforge gear after all.
    He said one dropped 3, unlikely that happened in 10man..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    He said one dropped 3, unlikely that happened in 10man..
    This thought accord to me 2 min ago and I was about to edit my fail. You beat me to it. >.>
    /selffacepalm
    But yeah, it's a possibility that the drop rate is supposed to remain how it is on PTR.

Deleted
    Its all random anyways, you could by chance get all 6 loots drop as thunderforged, but the probability is low, since each loot chance to be thunderforged it independent of the rest. Think of it as being a LFR, sometimes you get no loots from killing bosses, sometimes you get one on every boss.

However i think the live chance to drop will be around 15% as the current lfr is. i also remember seeing something about the ptr drop being higher for testing.

Deleted
    does anyone made the numbers using dream of cenarius with unerring vision of lei-shen ? I think it could be possible to cast one healing touch (or to use nature swiftness) every time you reach eclipse and to save it until the trinket procs. This could be viable just in a single target fight but would be interesting to see the numbers for this option. (sorry for my english ^^)