Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It won't make it better compared to the alternatives, so i doubt it.

All trinkets got improved, the last place is still the last place.

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen now has 65% of the normal proc rate for Balance Druids, up from 50%.

Sigh, I don't want to use this shit trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    For UVLS - I very much doubt it'll be any higher than the alternatives still. It's disappointing the proc rate was halved for us, as I was really looking forward to a railgun-type burst, but oh well.

Also, no new H TF items yet. Assuming we got unlucky and it just didn't drop for the raiders who killed stuff on heroic yesterday. We'll see what happens as the week progresses.

After using the crit runes in the graveyard on Lei Shens lil' isle, i have to say i'm less than impressed by 100% crit DoTs...

Even if Unerring Vision was the theoretically strongest choice, i'd imagine the sheer randomness makes it impractical to actually use when sustained damage matters.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ersdw/advanced
    he got TF chest, so you can get heroic TF

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    After using the crit runes in the graveyard on Lei Shens lil' isle, i have to say i'm less than impressed by 100% crit DoTs...

Even if Unerring Vision was the theoretically strongest choice, i'd imagine the sheer randomness makes it impractical to actually use when sustained damage matters.

What do you mean less than impressed by 100% crit dots? What were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    What do you mean less than impressed by 100% crit dots? What were you expecting?
    i think he means that he was expecting more starsurge procs. i have to say i agree, with only 1 target the proc rate isn't that great... i think i'll be looking at other options than UVOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Also, no new H TF items yet. Assuming we got unlucky and it just didn't drop for the raiders who killed stuff on heroic yesterday. We'll see what happens as the week progresses.
    Yeah, I ran into some issues with adding in the calculated item stats I'm afraid. Should hopefully have something soon.

Deleted
    Ive done hc jinrock and hc horridon with the tf uvls and I have to say that its nice, with these hotfixxes it should become even better. I dont try to make a big deal out of it waiting for that proc to go off, I just play and when it procs I handle it. Its fun to play with. I had 2 procs on jinrok on a 5:50 kill, and 8 procs on a 12:16 horridon kill. I dont know if the hotfixxes were active already on either of those kills, in between those kills the realms did went down so that couldve been the hotfixxes kicking in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    Ive done hc jinrock and hc horridon with the tf uvls and I have to say that its nice, with these hotfixxes it should become even better. I dont try to make a big deal out of it waiting for that proc to go off, I just play and when it procs I handle it. Its fun to play with. I had 2 procs on jinrok on a 5:50 kill, and 8 procs on a 12:16 horridon kill. I dont know if the hotfixxes were active already on either of those kills, in between those kills the realms did went down so that couldve been the hotfixxes kicking in.
    Could we see logs?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Meh changed my 4 set t14 to 2set t15 yesterday, wasn't impressed with the improvement. Especially cause only 1 of the t14 pieces was hc and fully upgraded, the other was still a 496 piece. Guess losing the 4 set hurts.

Deleted
    The logs are public but there arent many interesting things to see in them imo.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am fairly confident that in terms of raw DPS, the UVLS would be best on Horridon/Council, especially considering it's strong chance to proc at the beginning of the fight after the hotfix. It should proc at some point in our 30 second opener (if it procs very early in Lunar you will want to use CA immediately, it will be worth it). Using Inca/CA with at least 3 targets to dot which will stay alive long enough to get a full duration is just so strong, especially considering they will likely be lusted/int pot dots as well. Just plant yourself in melee range of one of the mobs and spam Starsurge (If it's Horridon you probably want to pop Mirror Images as well so you don't pull).

In farm it would probably be best on Megaera and Dark Animus as well, but you will likely not want to do that for awhile (especially Megaera since it's wasted damage). Very, very unlikely it would be best on Twin Consorts and we will have to see about Ra-den.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-03-14 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes of our multiplier on UVLS going from 0.5 to 0.65, the 5% additional PPM on all realPPM trinkets, and the unlucky-correction system look as if UVLS may become competitive again. We'll need to see once WrathCalcs is updated, but this may knock out Breath of the Hydra for second spot, depending on how well Cha-Ye's fairs. Remember that saying "oh well I got eleventy-billion procs on this one encounter" is just how the realPPM system works, where you can get extremely lucky with trinket procs sometimes, and at other times you'll get pretty crappy luck. The changes will make the distribution of the realPPM chance less evenly bell-shaped and more skewed in the positive direction.

I disagree it would be best on Horridon or Council. Both offer plenty of multidotting opportunities, which in fact reduces proc benefits. Number of targets vary, but I expect anything more than 2 targets with UVLS proc will be wasted.

Reasoning being:
    1: You do not have time to apply UVLS'd dots to more than 2 targets.
    2: You're overwriting your SS procs because you can not use them in time.
    3: 2+ Targets already offer a lot of SS procs. Having ~3 100% crit dots will not offer a significant improvement in proc rate.

I would like the trinket a lot more if it were controlled. Having a mini cd of 100% crit dots would open a world of possibilities for on demand burst of strategic targets. As it is with RPPM system, it's realistically uncontrolable, unlike old ICD mechanic trinkets, which you could roughly control.
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2013-03-14 at 04:44 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I disagree it would be best on Horridon or Council. Both offer plenty of multidotting opportunities, which in fact reduces proc benefits. Number of targets vary, but I expect anything more than 2 targets with UVLS proc will be wasted.

Reasoning being:
    1: You do not have time to apply UVLS'd dots to more than 2 targets.
    2: You're overwriting your SS procs because you can not use them in time.
    3: 2+ Targets already offer a lot of SS procs. Having ~3 100% crit dots will not offer a significant improvement in proc rate.

I would like the trinket a lot more if it were controlled. Having a mini cd of 100% crit dots would open a world of possibilities for on demand burst of strategic targets. As it is with RPPM system, it's realistically uncontrolable, unlike old ICD mechanic trinkets, which you could roughly control.
    1. You have time for 3 globals. During CA this is 6 crit buffed double eclipsed dots. Outside of CA it is much weaker, but you can still get up 3 eclipsed dots on 3 different targets.

2. This is why its extrememly important to stand literally right on the boss you are DPSing. You will at least be able to use them every global this way, while still admitedly wasting some. This means you have to pay more attention to mechanics that are tough to see in melee.

3. Either way the amount of SS procs between 2 targets and 1000 targets will always remain the same (cause you will always get 3 crit buffed dots or 6 during CA). The point is though with at least a third target during that initial proc at the beginning of the fight, you will get 6 100% crit buffed dots as opposed to 4 or 2. This is a huge spike not only from Starsurges, but from the raw damage of 6 100% crit buffed/lusted/int pot dots. That spike alone might cover for the ensuing procs which will likely be outside of CA. Also with at least 3 targets, you can put 3 Eclipsed buffed dots up on the targets during the proc, instead of with 2 targets or 1 you are either putting up an uneclipsed dot or only 2 dots entirely.

If we can calculate UVLS with the first proc having CA/Lust/Pot up that would be the way to go. I don't have the trinket yet but after the wording on the hotfix it sounds very likely that it will proc at some point during the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Deleted
    Ive been doing council all night, unsuccesful unfortunately, and I was pretty far ahead of my moonkin buddy on the meters. The main difference between him and me is the trinket. I had some tries with insanely lucky procs where the meters blew up, but even the average less fortunate pull was still amazing. Ill post logs when they are uploaded. But by now the trinket changes are probably modelled into WC or Simcraft so maybe that will give us some answers/

Does he have a ToT trinket to compare UVLS to? Otherwise you're not really playing in the same league.

Deleted
    Can someone post a list without the Ra'den loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoni View Post
    Can someone post a list without the Ra'den loot?
    This has been asked for before and makes no sense. If you can kill Lei-Shen Heroic, you can kill Ra-den.