View Poll Results: Would you rather have Sylvanas or Garrosh die?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would rather have Sylvanas die.

    18 21.18%
  • I would rather have Garrosh die.

    67 78.82%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer.
    Posts
    366

    Garrosh or Sylvanas?

    Which one would you rather be the villain of an expansion? Which one would you rather hunt down in a final raid?

  2. #2
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,244
    Well you know my answer.

    However, one of the devs have said whoever the next warchief is will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so either she reforms, or will be replaced (oh boy, I can see it cries of anguish already)

  3. #3
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,823
    Garrosh makes for a better main expansion villain. Sylvanas taking the role would reek of Wrath, but on a smaller scale.

  4. #4
    I'd like to see them both die nonetheless. Garrosh is very uninteresting for a final boss, so my vote atleast goes to Sylvanas. To be honest, I hope Garrosh won't be the final boss of MoP at all. Maybe the 7th sha (when he finally summons it) will kill Garrosh, and then take over Orgrimmar with his sha minions.

    I'll be ready to catch all the tears with my mouth when the fans cry about Sylvanas' death :P

  5. #5
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Garrosh makes for a better main expansion villain. Sylvanas taking the role would reek of Wrath, but on a smaller scale.
    Thats very true. Garrosh is a representation of war, and war is a concept that can show the worst of anyone and so easier to make into an evil for the plot. Sylvanas and her story is very much scourge focused and unless we delve into the scourge storyline again, we don't see her as a main bad guy in anything soon.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Mear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    524
    I still want some interaction between all the Windrunner sisters before Sylvanas get killed of, if you does get killed of. + We still don't have any real candidates to replace her, unless you count Nathanos which haven't really done much except getting role of hunter trainer since he was a killquest/questgiver.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well you know my answer.

    However, one of the devs have said whoever the next warchief is will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so either she reforms, or will be replaced (oh boy, I can see it cries of anguish already)
    Hey if they replace her with Lillian Voss I won't complain.

  8. #8
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats very true. Garrosh is a representation of war, and war is a concept that can show the worst of anyone and so easier to make into an evil for the plot. Sylvanas and her story is very much scourge focused and unless we delve into the scourge storyline again, we don't see her as a main bad guy in anything soon.
    That, and the fact remains that she -- at her worst -- is pretty much Arthas lite. Watered down Arthas wouldn't make for a very exciting end boss; we'd just be thinking, "Haven't we seen this before somewhere?"

    If she ever dies, I doubt it'd be the main focus of an expansion.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,196
    Uh, I want garrosh to die in that situation, but only I want Sylvanas to live, not because I want Garrosh to die.

    I'd rather wanna have her as a villain; a glorious one, that survives!
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I'd rather wanna have her as a villain; a glorious one, that survives!
    An Encounter where the actual Boss flees and leaves a Chest didn't get that much appreciation.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I'd rather wanna have her as a villain; a glorious one, that survives!
    No setbacks. And be like a Saturday cartoon villain but actually be villainous.

  12. #12
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,756
    Would much rather see Sylvannas die.

    It'd make it the fourth time she's done so.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Hey if they replace her with Lillian Voss I won't complain.
    Isnt she dead? Not undead but dead dead after that necromancer decided to play with her for a bit?

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Isnt she dead? Not undead but dead dead after that necromancer decided to play with her for a bit?
    In scholo we defeat her but don't kill her and she goes: leave me here, to die. Does that mean she's dead? I don't think so. She is a very conflicted character who I think would rather be dead then go on as an undead. But can that be changed? Not beyond reason.

  15. #15
    If they wanted to her die they would have made her die on the spot. When they leave it ambiguous like that it basically means she's alive. I don't know what they plan to do with her, but I think it's going to be big. She just comes out of nowhere and is that powerful? She's also this weird ass class that resembles a DK/spriest hybrid. It'll take more building, but I have a feeling she MIGHT take over Sylvanas in the future.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-17 at 01:40 AM.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,411
    Garrosh makes a much much much better villain, the guy is the embodiment of chaos (Even among his people) and war.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-17 at 01:43 AM.

  17. #17
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    In scholo we defeat her but don't kill her and she goes: leave me here, to die. Does that mean she's dead? I don't think so. She is a very conflicted character who I think would rather be dead then go on as an undead. But can that be changed? Not beyond reason.
    I kind of wish Lillian would get some further development too, she could be a good character, if she just gets her head together.

  18. #18
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    However, one of the devs have said whoever the next warchief is will deal with Sylvanas and her wicked ways, so either she reforms, or will be replaced (oh boy, I can see it cries of anguish already)
    I don't like the sound of that... o_o

    The Dark Lady is my waifu Queen. Long may she reign.

    (I'd be so butthurt if they decided to kill Sylvanas off. She's one of the few really interesting characters left, in my opinion. Just look at the polarising effect she has on the fanbase. It'd be a shame to throw that away on a raid encounter.)

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I kind of wish Lillian would get some further development too, she could be a good character, if she just gets her head together.
    She like the forsaken in general needs to find a purpose. Something that will push her to keep from falling into a depression or worse. What that is and if we'll even see it anytime soon is a mystery.

  20. #20
    Garrosh needs to go, he's turned into a very flat character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •