1. #1

    Questions about the GW2 structured PVP scene

    Hey guys back when i left gw 1 it had a really good structured pvp scene and often I would see announcements in chat about either the US or Europe loosing/winning the hall of heroes(if i remember correctly) and had a great spectator mode.

    Anyway I'm wondering how is it now?? do they still have ranked gvg matches? is it active? are there alot of guilds dedicated to it? are there any hardcore pvp websites dedicated to guild wars 2 pvp?(for builds, recruitment etc)

  2. #2
    No on all fronts, check some youtube vids to see how "bad" conquest is.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...what_happened/ might be fun aswell

  3. #3
    If you're looking for any sort of competitive PvP, come back in a year. The PvP scene was really large prior to and a few months after release, but it's dead now. ArenaNet has only just begun implementing basic features.

    I mean, even TOR has better PvP than GW2 atm. It's that bad.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-02-16 at 06:00 AM.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  4. #4
    They really dropped the ball on sPVP. It could have been great (and still could but that ship may have sailed). With so many games out and noting how fickle the pvp crowd is, they needed to have it right when it first came out. It's hard to make a come back in this day and age.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They really dropped the ball on sPVP. It could have been great (and still could but that ship may have sailed). With so many games out and noting how fickle the pvp crowd is, they needed to have it right when it first came out. It's hard to make a come back in this day and age.
    Oh I don't think the ship has sailed. There's no where for that ship to sail to as far as MMOs go. ESO obviously isn't going to be anything noteworthy for PvP, WoW is still WoW, and I don't really know of any big new releases.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Oh I don't think the ship has sailed. There's no where for that ship to sail to as far as MMOs go.
    That may be true. For people just wanting pvp there are numerous other options although maybe not if they are wanting mmo pvp.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That may be true. For people just wanting pvp there are numerous other options although maybe not if they are wanting mmo pvp.
    Well certainly if you want to PvP in general there's tons of options. But FPS, RTS, and MOBA games are drastically different from MMOs, which is why I really can never get into those. Forge or Smite are fairly promising, now that I remember, though. They're not a MMOs, but the combat is similar. I doubt they'll ever be huge however.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  8. #8
    Forge is pretty rough around the edges. Another game called Fury tried to have mmo type combat in a strictly arena style pvp game before, it didn't last too long. I just don't think there is a big market for strictly mmo pvpers.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Forge is pretty rough around the edges. Another game called Fury tried to have mmo type combat in a strictly arena style pvp game before, it didn't last too long. I just don't think there is a big market for strictly mmo pvpers.
    There really isn't, truthfully. Look at any sort of poll for an mmo. Maybe 20% of the playerbase PvPs. How many of that is hardcore about it? There's no point in catering to such a small demographic.

    Thus, I wallow in my own sorrow.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  10. #10
    That may be true. For people just wanting pvp there are numerous other options although maybe not if they are wanting mmo pvp.
    It's a shame though because Gw had the first and the best structured pvp content for mmo's for the longest time before wow even thought of arena .I would have thought they would have at least kept up with that .

    It's weird how no mmo has really seriously delved into the depth of structured pvp(not familair with TOR's pvp scene atm and don't think they have anything "ranked") the way wow and gw did previously.I will keep my eye on gw2 though coz they were they my first and prob the only mmo out there that still have the potential imo to go deep pvp wise as they once did.

  11. #11
    TOR has ranked warzones. I was mostly using that to exaggerate the point though.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  12. #12
    I really don't get how they turned the awesome pvp from gw1 into the mess we have now.
    - No separation between pve/pvp/wvw is just rediculous
    - Balancing obviously broken systems takes a hell of a lot longer than GW1
    - No leader boards
    - Imbalanced game mode
    - ...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    TOR has ranked warzones. I was mostly using that to exaggerate the point though.
    I was curious about how their ranking system worked, it does say the players get a rating but does the team as a whole get a rank /rating that compares it to other teams on a ladder?That way we could know which is the best team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •