Deleted

LOTRO servers down for 48 hours - Imagine...

... if that were to happen to WoW?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...o-comps-playe/
    Link says 34 hours, and that was almost 10 hours ago, so not quite 48 hours, but getting there - and they're still down... ALL of them

Funny side-note: I haven't seen a single thread on this here, not in the Video Games forum at least. Doesn't anyone who frequents mmo-champion play LOTRO, or are people simply taking it in stride?

Back on topic: What was the longest period ALL WoW servers (in one region) have been down for?

WoW basically IMPLODED during one of the Wrath patches for half a week, didn't it?

And ultra-extended surprise maintenance was business-as-usual back in vanilla.

I play it and after cruising their forums today, I'd say their playerbase is infinitely more mature than WoW's. There are whiners (and rightfully so) but most of them are shouted down by the people who are more understanding.

I can't remember a long period like that for WoW being down but early wrath, it may have been the wrath launch or the first major patch, had some significant downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    i recall at one point during burning crusade the server that outland was on on my sserver was down for about 2 days straight. not the whole game i know but i mean come on people didnt sit in org all day in bc. they sat in shatt all day.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

It happened right before TBC when they were overhauling the hardware on the original server. It was planned though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget unlocking the AQ gates. And I seem to recall at some point in the distant past, they gave us all full rested exp + a slight extension on our subs because they had the servers down for quite a while. My old brain just can't remember what for. But I remember when they announced this was going to happen, I went and burned off all the rested exp on all of my characters in preparation lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    WoW basically IMPLODED during one of the Wrath patches for half a week, didn't it?
    Did it? I don't remember that at all. Not saying it didn't happen, but I can't remember it happening.

I recall the numerous downtime at release. I don't remember the reaction though.

Man that sucks for not only the players but also the developers of the game.

I recall having a week free extension in Vanilla.

Back in Vanilla this was not uncommon, i remember getting several days free because of downtime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennoc View Post
    I play it and after cruising their forums today, I'd say their playerbase is infinitely more mature than WoW's. There are whiners (and rightfully so) but most of them are shouted down by the people who are more understanding.

I can't remember a long period like that for WoW being down but early wrath, it may have been the wrath launch or the first major patch, had some significant downtime.
    Dude...no. :P

There is no "WoW" community, it's either the MMORPG or gaming community. Because all MMORPG have people who bitch about everything in the same amount.

Nobody cares or plays Lotro, it's normal to not see anything about it.

Deleted
    Wait if i remember good most of wow eu servers were down for 2 days few week's ago?

Pretty sure every battlegroup took turns for a 24-hour downtime prior to Cataclysm. Some of them lasted quite a while longer too.

And the Real ID patch didn't go too smoothly either. I distinctly remember them postponing the EU release of that one so they could work out the problems with the US one first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Dude...no. :P
    There is no "WoW" community, it's either the MMORPG or gaming community. Because all MMORPG have people who bitch about everything in the same amount.
    It isn't really the topic of this thread but the players there are completely different than wow players. Spend 10 minutes in their general chat and you'd see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Ulduar being fucked for a few days. People would zone in and basically get trapped inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Did it? I don't remember that at all. Not saying it didn't happen, but I can't remember it happening.
    It did, yeah. The servers were "up", but they barely worked. They were constantly crashing and lagging and some stuff was messed up. I think instances may have been totally broken. That's one of the few times that Blizzard passed out free game time to everyone to compensate for how long the game was unplayable.