1. #1

    Refer a friend question

    Can a new account, put an inactive account for the referral, to give the inactive account a free month?

    Friend wants to start playing wow, I ended my subscription months ago. Trying to see if we can put that I referred him, so he gets exp bonus and I get a free month. Or do I have to have an active account to do this?

    Thanks in advance for any clarification any of you can give me on this

  2. #2
    thats another thing thats the scroll of ressurection

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miminz View Post
    thats another thing thats the scroll of ressurection
    We're trying to get it so I can "refer a friend" him, before he buys/upgrades the game, so I get the free month.

  4. #4
    You have the concept wrong to begin with.

    He gets extra exp for doing quests and dungeons ONLY! when he does them in a group with the member from the referred account.

    Outside of that i am not sure about your specific question

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    You have the concept wrong to begin with.

    He gets extra exp for doing quests and dungeons ONLY! when he does them in a group with the member from the referred account.

    Outside of that i am not sure about your specific question
    Friend of mine is getting wow, for the first time. He want's me to play with him and we're trying to get it so I refer him, to get a free month to play with him when he upgrades to mop/buys time.
    My account is inactive at the moment and can't refer, so I'm wondering when he goes to set up his account, where it says "did someone refer you?" he can put an inactive account, to which give it a free month. He doesn't want to lvl alone, and I'm kinda on a tight budget for the next couple weeks.

    Hope that made my question more understandable

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Friend of mine is getting wow, for the first time. He want's me to play with him and we're trying to get it so I refer him, to get a free month to play with him when he upgrades to mop/buys time.
    My account is inactive at the moment and can't refer, so I'm wondering when he goes to set up his account, where it says "did someone refer you?" he can put an inactive account, to which give it a free month. He doesn't want to lvl alone, and I'm kinda on a tight budget for the next couple weeks.

    Hope that made my question more understandable
    No, that doesnt work. You could try to get a trial and see if you cn invite him then. He really needs to make an account with a key he gets from you, or you wont be linked.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,896
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 08:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    No, that doesnt work. You could try to get a trial and see if you cn invite him then. He really needs to make an account with a key he gets from you, or you wont be linked.
    Not in my experience, this wasn't true. I bought a second account to watch the ah with on my second monitor when it was on sale for 5$. I didn't link it to my account with refer a friend. Played a week or so, and asked my friend if he wanted recruit a friend mount. He said yes, so i put in a ticket, and so did he, the gm linked our accounts for us.

    It's better to have it set up before hand because you never know what the gm you talk to will do.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-02-16 at 08:45 AM.

  8. #8
    You gotta have another person use scroll of ressurection on your account; then you can refer your new friends account.

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Aciaedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lagom
    Posts
    3,181
    You have to send the "Recruit a Friend" e-mail to him from your WoW account and he has to register (a new battle.net account, or a WoW license to an existing account). That is the only way to link them. You can do that from the battle.net website, even if your account is currently inactive (I think). Just try it, no other way to find out.
    PvE:er to the bone. Plays a druid. Also plays DotA and a whole bunch of other stuff. Listens to mostly everything.
    "We actually contracted out the creation of the equally-epic-yet-non-loot-dropping-non-boss mobs in Throne of Thunder to a giant snail. I think he did a pretty good job."
    - Blue Q&A

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •