10+ Year Old Account

Empty Postmaster Mail

So, I've been noticing that I get a lot of mail lately from the in game "Postmaster", usually for if you win an item but left the instance early, or whatever.

The thing is, about twice a week, I'll get mail saying they recovered an item... but theres nothing included. Any idea why this happens?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Seems like a bug. Was it after you ran LFR or a dungeon?

On logging in today, this character had a new message from The Postmaster stating it was sending me a lost item - but there was no attachment.
    Received this letter on my two 90s... both times after running LFR and not winning any items on rolls.
    Source
    Maybe it's possibly related to this:

This happens because of an old system still in the game. While items can be mailed when not looted, this also used to be true for the old Badges and Emblems. However, with today's point system, the game may still run into an issue where points could not be awarded at the time it tries to, and it triggers the mail. But, instead of attaching the points to the mail like it used to with Badges and Emblems, it simply adds the points to your total, thus the empty mail. Source
    I can't find many Blizzard posts clarifying the reason other than a "hiccup in the system."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    It's happend to me, /reload has always worked for me though. Or relogging.
    I don't understand what /reload or relogging would fix. It's empty mail, not a graphical bug.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Seems like a bug. Was it after you ran LFR or a dungeon?

Maybe it's possibly related to this:

I can't find many Blizzard posts clarifying the reason other than a "hiccup in the system."
    That's probably it. Leftover legacy system that serves no actual purpose now, but it doesn't cause any actual problems so removing it is low on the priority list.