Deleted

Whats wrong with my USB devices....

Well i have a Logitech G510 keyboard and a G9X mouse.
    Motherboard: MSI 760GM-E51 (AM3 760NB/710SB)

It started with my mouse acting weird. like when trying to drag something (like a window) the connection just stops for a second. As if it was lagging.

Now a week later or so, my keyboard is acting weird. Like the colour profile is not loading on boot.
    Now i tried deleting my keyboard and mouse drivers. re installed keyboard drivers. But when i go to the logitech site, the g9x drivers are the same as the keyboard drivers... Logitech Gaming Software Version: 8.40.83 (They use to be seperate control programs and drivers)

Thats the same UI that ive always controlled my keyboard from. But now its supposed to also let me change mouse settings? There are no indication of mouse settings there....

Also im getting BSOD's of "usbportsys" and other usb related bsod's (But only when playing BF3 for 2-5 minutes...)
    Trying to launch for example darksouls now gives me a DINPUT8.dll error and crashes.

also im getting a windows log error every second... As you can see ive already got 70000 of these.
    http://i.imgur.com/UxoDUbT.png

Are my usb controllers dying or what am i doing wrong...?
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2013-02-16 at 10:35 AM.

Have you tried to use other USB ports (if you have others), and are you getting the same errors on them ?

It could potentially be a dying USB port (or controller, but sounds unlikely), so I would check closely for things like dust and other damage to both the port and the USB device you plug in. I have seen USB devices act weird because of dust/damage before, but it wont always show in the Windows error log.

Another thing to try...get the latest updates for your motherboard, update BIOS and get the newest drivers for everything on your motherboard. Its unlikely that the drivers "just went bad", but its a little like rebooting - just making sure its always the newest drivers will be among the first steps in troubleshooting anyway

Also, make sure you have the newest DirectX. the DINPUT8.dll is related to DirectX
    Last edited by Lilbruz; 2013-02-16 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    im putting my money on a dying mobo.
    still got warranty? (or perhaps good excuse to upgrade ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    im putting my money on a dying mobo.
    still got warranty? (or perhaps good excuse to upgrade ^^)
    Problem is that if its just drivers, and he sends it in on a warranty (if its still covered), he might face silly charges if they find nothing wrong with the hardware. That said, it COULD be dying motherboard -or at least the USB controller part of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Problem is that if its just drivers, and he sends it in on a warranty (if its still covered), he might face silly charges if they find nothing wrong with the hardware. That said, it COULD be dying motherboard -or at least the USB controller part of it
    true but drivers don't go nuts out of nowhere there has to be a cause for it atleast. (trying different driver versions might help identify that)

Deleted
    Dont think im going to "sidegrade" to another old am3 board from 2009.
    Since no one can know what the problem here is maybe i'll just get a current gen socket.
    problem is pretty hard to diagnose