Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Obviously, when Anduin is leading the Alliance charge against the Burning Legion, Special Commander Me'dan will be watching from afar, lending his magical aid... but things will turn from bad to worse as Sargeras finally reappears and starts smashing us all aside like nothing.

Me'dan will leap down onto the battlefield just as Anduin is crouching over Baine's shattered body, mourning silently with cold, hard eyes... and then they will fuse together. Me'danduin will take up Baine's weapon and solo Sargeras while we all cheer!

/endsilly

Yes, they probably are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    What do you guys think this is about?
    Me'dan was an awful character. Not only because he looked like a teenage draenei (and hardly anyone loves draenei), but also because he was a combination of Alliance and Horde alike, sort of the perfect being that transcends all conflict. He's just boring because he can't be anything else than Mr perfect.

I didn't have a problem with his powers, I mean Medivh had that kind of ridiculous power as well. But it became stupid when Me'dan was a Shaman, Paladin, Mage, you name it all in one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Obviously, when Anduin is leading the Alliance charge against the Burning Legion
    I'm really starting to doubt Blizzard. I mean, who will be their frontal man against the Burning Legion?

First it was Khadgar, then it became Turalyon, then Me'dan and now Anduin? Seems like they simply can't choose. And it seems unlikely they are all part of a future expansion based on the Burning Legion. Some of them will get the boot and won't be heard from again. But who?

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    cenarius is probably stronger than med'an.

I say blizzard should stop trying to hide med'an. they should put the damn boy in-game and have kil'jaeden kill him. this way we won't be bothered by the shamageadin anymore, and it'll give us one more "lore reason" to go after the legion.
    But Cenarius picked side, he was clearly NE-sided lore-wise before being rezed and became neutral (if I recrall it right). Me'dan on the other hand I dont think he can anything but Mr.Perfect. And its booooring. Look at Miss (once) all-talk Jaina, although the excuse was pretty lame, she is no longer the cute peace dove and I quite like her current personality.

Anduin, Me'dan and Wrathion.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Well, aside from a very brief, and awkward mention in Velen's short story a while ago, there has been no mention of Me'dan, in Cataclysm with Garona, MoP, or any other source material since his inception in the comics.

What do you guys think this is about?
    Normally they are holding back such characters for a greater goal.

Could even be the main protagonist of Warcraft 4.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They realized there is no Avatar in Warcraft, no matter how much Knaak wished there was.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Me'dan will eventually show up again, hopefully they'll kill him off or have him lose all that power. The character has no place in Warcraft at all and should never have been created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't think so. Just because a character hasn't shown up doesn't really mean they are trying to forget about him eg.Turalyon. Also just because the fan base doesn't like his development doesn't mean he would or even should be ignored such as Go'el.
    The only factual answer on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They realized there is no Avatar in Warcraft, no matter how much Knaak wished there was.
    Knaak had nothing to do with Med'an or the comics. Guy gets a unfair rap, as it is. Just saying.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

He hasn't been forgotten... only "preoccupied" with other matters. AKA, being more of a Marty Stu than Thrall ever was -- therefore making it difficult to interject him into storylines because he's a shaman/mage/paladin all in one and that's just boring and illogical, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Me'dan and Anduin remind me of Jason Todd.
    Anduin feels more like New 52 Tim Drake, and Med'an feels like Robin-era Jason Todd (unnecessarily 'edgy' and gloomy for the sake of being 'edgy' and gloomy, wildly unpopular with fans, twists the setting around him so people talk him up nonstop).

Honestly, he reminds me of Poochy from the episode of The Simpsons where Homer added in a new character to The Itchy & Scratchy Show, where there was a "hip" dog character who the plot bent around and everyone talked up (and when he wasn't on-screen, established characters waxed poetic about how awesome he was).

In other words, if Kosak or Metzen were to post tomorrow that Med'an was no longer considered canon, I'd click my heels in joy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Honestly, he reminds me of Poochy from the episode of The Simpsons where Homer added in a new character to The Itchy & Scratchy Show, where there was a "hip" dog character who the plot bent around and everyone talked up (and when he wasn't on-screen, established characters waxed poetic about how awesome he was).
    Haha, apt analogy really.

"Note: Poochy died on the way back to his home planet."

Despite what others may think, I have never read the comicon the WoWpedia page but Me'dan is a great character.

I can't wait to see him in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Despite what others may think, I have never read the comicon the WoWpedia page but Me'dan is a great character.

I can't wait to see him in game
    That opinion would change if you read the comic he appeared in. He's frustratingly droll, spends all his time whining like he's the hero of a crappy "deep" JRPG, has effortlessly multiclassed as a paladin, shaman, and mage, gets handed Medivh's staff, happens to be related to two major First War characters who were never even hinted at as having had a romantic or sexual relationship before (the closest we get is Garona basically telling Khadgar he, Llane, Lothar, and Medivh were her only friends in The Last Guardian), and from the panel that introduces him to the lore, the plot focuses 100% on him.

He's a classic Black Hole Sue.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    AND HIS MOTHER...some random half orc/dranei...
    You can't call Garona "some random" anything. She's been in the spotlight quite a bit, and as a rogue a venerable character.

Deleted
    Make no mistake, Me'dan is a pathetic excuse for a character but now they've made him, ignoring him like this is simply lazy writing and creates plotholes. I'd much rather they'd simply written him into a decent, non-OP character. What they should have done is have him go up against DW at the start of Cata who he manages to wound whilst sacrificing himself. No more Me'dan, but no plotholes either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan is the Jar Jar Binx of WoW. Let him fall in obscurity which is where he belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't think so. Just because a character hasn't shown up doesn't really mean they are trying to forget about him eg.Turalyon. Also just because the fan base doesn't like his development doesn't mean he would or even should be ignored such as Go'el.
    two words for ya: Garrosh Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm really starting to doubt Blizzard. I mean, who will be their frontal man against the Burning Legion?
    I say it will be Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha how comes no1 mentioned this before there is no Me'dan but Med'an :P

http://www.wowwiki.com/Med'an