10+ Year Old Account

Rock'n Roll Racing 20 Years Anniversairy

Well, I think this game needs no introduction. Played it a lot when I was 5 years old. Nostalgia, Nostalgia... Sadly, nowadays VG have a rare quality of making you remember after you complete it. There are a lot of mods which allow to play even 4 players online.
    But, I really wish, no not, I JUST FKIN WANT for Blizz to stop making SC2, Hold off WoW a bit and make a proper 2nd part of this game or at least a remake of 1st. (Red Asphalt was total BS).
    Though, I just don't get why sometimes old games look more and more better than those which are currently presented.

Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-02-16 at 07:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    (Red Asphalt was total BS).
    Red Asphalt was an amazing game in its own right
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

I played the shit out of this game when I was a kid too. It was probably the game I played the most on the NES.

I didn't even know it was created from Blizzard til sometime last year.

B-b-b-b-b-bad, bad to the bone

Well, I think this game needs no introduction. Played it a lot when I was 5 years old. Nostalgia, Nostalgia... Sadly, nowadays VG have a rare quality of making you remember after you complete it. There are a lot of mods which allow to play even 4 players online.
    But, I really wish, no not, I JUST FKIN WANT for Blizz to stop making SC2, Hold off WoW a bit and make a proper 2nd part of this game or at least a remake of 1st. (Red Asphalt was total BS).
    Though, I just don't get why sometimes old games look more and more better than those which are currently presented.
    Games were awful compared to the present ones. Life also was way less rich than today.
    Comparatively games were way cooler than the rest of life back then.

So no, thanks. I don't want a sucky life to make games look brighter as it was in the past. I'll keep games and life as they are now.

And if R'nRR is so cool, why a remake? Go play the original. I bet you will find boring after one hour. Why Blizzard would invest on one so short-lived formula?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Games were awful compared to the present ones. Life also was way less rich than today.
    Many would say that you're wrong on both counts.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Comparatively games were way cooler than the rest of life back then.

So no, thanks. I don't want a sucky life to make games look brighter as it was in the past. I'll keep games and life as they are now.

And if R'nRR is so cool, why a remake? Go play the original. I bet you will find boring after one hour. Why Blizzard would invest on one so short-lived formula?
    You have no idea, honestly.
    If it would've been like this, WoW would've already disappeared because formula didn't changed at all in general.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Guys, it's great, the problem is that you're postponing it too much.
    Perhaps you should try Kickstarter, I guess it'll work.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Red Asphalt was an amazing game in its own right
    It was uncomparable to 1st one.
    Perhaps if Blizz made it in the first place it would've been different.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-02-16 at 09:24 PM.

I wonder how much it cost them back then to license the music. It's probably cheaper when you use your own versions instead of the original recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Many would say that you're wrong on both counts.
    Yeah, those who weren't there.

You have no idea, honestly.
    If it would've been like this, WoW would've already disappeared because formula didn't changed at all in general.
    Yes, it changed. A LOT. Dismissing all the work Blizzard put in updating the game for almost a decade isn't cute.
    Raid sizes, Dungeon/raid finder, Dailies, valor/justice point system, lock system, token system, reputation gains, specialization system, profession progression, glyphs. The list goes on and on....
    And ignoring the WHOLE OLD WORLD REDONE in Cataclysm is a overlook too big to be left alone.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-02-17 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rock n Roll racing was a huge part of my childhood gaming, was my first Blizzard game and I ended up looking up (and loving) every single song on there. It's one of those games I keep going back to whenever I run the emulator, and a friend has still with his old Megadrive for tournaments. It sits alongside DKR, Micro Machines TT and the Mario Kart series, as one of the best multiplayer racing games for grief potential.

To my knowledge, that there has still yet to be one easter egg in WoW that pays homage to this game, and the lack of any sequal (I refuse to acknowledge RA) makes me sad. Blizzard could have made much more out of that IP.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Still the game with the coolest name and music for any game. Such a game was just for gamers and rock nerds (Like me :P) haha.

...Go back to that Blizzard, plx! Haven't played it before, but looking at youtube few times here and there, it looks pretty cool considering how old it is.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Loved this game so much, I even have it on my android phone via an emulator now.
    As for old games are worse argument, Baldurs gate, Warhammer Dark Omen are 2 of my favourite games and played alot more than any modern game excepting WoW and D3, in fact I cant remember the last time I tried to play almost any games, but I played baldurs gate again a few weeks ago while I had no internet.

New games have better build quality, but the gameplay is what makes a game and alot of the older games now had great gameplay.