Thread: Is PvP dead?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is PvP dead?

I came back after a hiatus myself, as I'm now mainly interested in Yu-Gi-Oh. Few things I noticed.

- It seems the majority of players are not even fully geared, and most that are aren't even in Tier 2. These aren't bad players either, these are Gladiators and what not.
    - 2200 in most brackets are top 30 oO

Deleted
    No. Pvp is not dead.

It's as "dead" as WoW is. It's as "dead" as ever since BC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    - It seems the majority of players are not even fully geared, and most that are aren't even in Tier 2. These aren't bad players either, these are Gladiators and what not.
    - 2200 in most brackets are top 30 oO
    This season has been incredibly imbalanced, so I think the player base has likened this season to S5's "Army of the Dead in Arena" and said that it's not worth PvPing unless you're a Hunter/Lock.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This season has been incredibly imbalanced, so I think the player base has likened this season to S5's "Army of the Dead in Arena" and said that it's not worth PvPing unless you're a Hunter/Lock.
    Yeah... hunters and locks are clearly the most op classes in the game right now. I can tell that you know alot about high end pvp

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Yeah... hunters and locks are clearly the most op classes in the game right now. I can tell that you know alot about high end pvp
    this lol

OT: As said PvP is not dead, just super inbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Clearly I was talking about the beginning of the season.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Go Warrior or go home.

Deleted
    as a healer i quit my priest cause who wants to get raped inside a shockwave, and am now playing a paladin
    Alot better..but still...nowhere near where it should be (season 1 and season 2 tbc)

RBG's are slowly killing off arenas. Randoms are full of bots.

Not dead but it's still in a pretty bad state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    as a healer i quit my priest cause who wants to get raped inside a shockwave, and am now playing a paladin
    Alot better..but still...nowhere near where it should be (season 1 and season 2 tbc)
    And if you by some miracle survive the shockwave you will sit in a fear until you are dead.

Cant really tell how 5.2 will be right now but its looking like it will be the exact same thing with another class being retardedly op instead.

Thats just the way the cookie crumbles!

Random BGs are pointless/dying due to Blizzard's inaction against bots, burst/CC is as high as ever, or higher, and there are some classes that are just plain overpowered. Warrior is one. Arena participation is down across the board, RBGs are infested with wintraders. You decide if it's dead.

I'd say it's not worth getting into PvP as a healer, anyway. Battle-fatigue buffed, Resilience DR in 5.2, PvE trinkets coming in for DPS, etc.

When you queue into KFC 9/10 games yea I'd say arena is dead for now

I don't BG due to the ton of bots.
    I don't RBG because I can't get a team for it.
    I don't like arena.

PVP feels dead to me. I understand that doesn't apply to everyone; but for me the PVP elements could be completely gone and it wouldn't change the way I get to play at all.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Random BGs are pointless/dying due to Blizzard's inaction against bots, burst/CC is as high as ever, or higher, and there are some classes that are just plain overpowered. Warrior is one. Arena participation is down across the board, RBGs are infested with wintraders. You decide if it's dead.

I'd say it's not worth getting into PvP as a healer, anyway. Battle-fatigue buffed, Resilience DR in 5.2, PvE trinkets coming in for DPS, etc.
    those 5.2 pve trinkets are strong as hell for healers as well.

pvp as a healer is a great ordeal, if you're up for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    it hasn't been no near the imbalance that was s5.

and OP, your title is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    those 5.2 pve trinkets are strong as hell for healers as well.

pvp as a healer is a great ordeal, if you're up for a challenge.
    The healer trinkets are not nearly as strong. I am a healer, and I'm far more worried about 8k main stat procs than I am with being able to put a shield on someone that'll absorb one Mortal Strike hit at best.

Arena participation is down 80% since S8. From ~117k teams to ~25k teams.

RBGs having nearly double the cap of arenas, combined with basically no rewards from arena bar gladiator, are probably major factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to forget that due wintrading, RBGs were by far the easiest way to get T2 gear and hey, who doesn't like free gear?

Deleted
    No no no there is pleny of bots playing bgs.

[QUOTE=Yourcatdead;20248795]

PvP is not dead, /QUOTE]
    Yes it is.
    RBGs are 99% wintrades/cheaters
    Arena participation is 80% lower than Wotlk
    Theres 0 competition at the high end