Thread: Is PvP dead?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is PvP dead?

    I came back after a hiatus myself, as I'm now mainly interested in Yu-Gi-Oh. Few things I noticed.

    - It seems the majority of players are not even fully geared, and most that are aren't even in Tier 2. These aren't bad players either, these are Gladiators and what not.
    - 2200 in most brackets are top 30 oO

  2. #2
    No. Pvp is not dead.

  3. #3
    It's as "dead" as WoW is. It's as "dead" as ever since BC!

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    - It seems the majority of players are not even fully geared, and most that are aren't even in Tier 2. These aren't bad players either, these are Gladiators and what not.
    - 2200 in most brackets are top 30 oO
    This season has been incredibly imbalanced, so I think the player base has likened this season to S5's "Army of the Dead in Arena" and said that it's not worth PvPing unless you're a Hunter/Lock.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This season has been incredibly imbalanced, so I think the player base has likened this season to S5's "Army of the Dead in Arena" and said that it's not worth PvPing unless you're a Hunter/Lock.
    Yeah... hunters and locks are clearly the most op classes in the game right now. I can tell that you know alot about high end pvp

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Yeah... hunters and locks are clearly the most op classes in the game right now. I can tell that you know alot about high end pvp
    this lol

    OT: As said PvP is not dead, just super inbalanced.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,562
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Yeah... hunters and locks are clearly the most op classes in the game right now. I can tell that you know alot about high end pvp
    Clearly I was talking about the beginning of the season.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver | Avatar by Hasana-chan

  8. #8
    Go Warrior or go home.

  9. #9
    as a healer i quit my priest cause who wants to get raped inside a shockwave, and am now playing a paladin
    Alot better..but still...nowhere near where it should be (season 1 and season 2 tbc)
    My lines are so potent that in this small segment i made all of the ladies in the first 3 comments pregnant!

  10. #10
    RBG's are slowly killing off arenas. Randoms are full of bots.

    Not dead but it's still in a pretty bad state.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    as a healer i quit my priest cause who wants to get raped inside a shockwave, and am now playing a paladin
    Alot better..but still...nowhere near where it should be (season 1 and season 2 tbc)
    And if you by some miracle survive the shockwave you will sit in a fear until you are dead.

    Cant really tell how 5.2 will be right now but its looking like it will be the exact same thing with another class being retardedly op instead.

    Thats just the way the cookie crumbles!

  12. #12
    Random BGs are pointless/dying due to Blizzard's inaction against bots, burst/CC is as high as ever, or higher, and there are some classes that are just plain overpowered. Warrior is one. Arena participation is down across the board, RBGs are infested with wintraders. You decide if it's dead.

    I'd say it's not worth getting into PvP as a healer, anyway. Battle-fatigue buffed, Resilience DR in 5.2, PvE trinkets coming in for DPS, etc.

  13. #13
    When you queue into KFC 9/10 games yea I'd say arena is dead for now

  14. #14
    I don't BG due to the ton of bots.
    I don't RBG because I can't get a team for it.
    I don't like arena.

    PVP feels dead to me. I understand that doesn't apply to everyone; but for me the PVP elements could be completely gone and it wouldn't change the way I get to play at all.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  15. #15
    Dreadlord aeir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    most places, recently
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Random BGs are pointless/dying due to Blizzard's inaction against bots, burst/CC is as high as ever, or higher, and there are some classes that are just plain overpowered. Warrior is one. Arena participation is down across the board, RBGs are infested with wintraders. You decide if it's dead.

    I'd say it's not worth getting into PvP as a healer, anyway. Battle-fatigue buffed, Resilience DR in 5.2, PvE trinkets coming in for DPS, etc.
    those 5.2 pve trinkets are strong as hell for healers as well.

    pvp as a healer is a great ordeal, if you're up for a challenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This season has been incredibly imbalanced, so I think the player base has likened this season to S5's "Army of the Dead in Arena" and said that it's not worth PvPing unless you're a Hunter/Lock.
    it hasn't been no near the imbalance that was s5.

    and OP, your title is just silly.
    in depth.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    those 5.2 pve trinkets are strong as hell for healers as well.

    pvp as a healer is a great ordeal, if you're up for a challenge.
    The healer trinkets are not nearly as strong. I am a healer, and I'm far more worried about 8k main stat procs than I am with being able to put a shield on someone that'll absorb one Mortal Strike hit at best.

  17. #17
    Arena participation is down 80% since S8. From ~117k teams to ~25k teams.

    RBGs having nearly double the cap of arenas, combined with basically no rewards from arena bar gladiator, are probably major factors.

  18. #18
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,760
    Not to forget that due wintrading, RBGs were by far the easiest way to get T2 gear and hey, who doesn't like free gear?

  19. #19
    No no no there is pleny of bots playing bgs.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    It's as "dead" as WoW is. It's as "dead" as ever since BC!
    Really? Wrath was considered dead when WoW hit it's peak? Did you even play BC? Go away.


    PvP is not dead, it's rare to see new people hit 2220 this season. It's not that dead, queues are average, and WoW isn't really considered an e-sport anymore, so you don't see as many teams pushing for 3k. And just the general population of WoW is diminishing, and a good chunk of those are unhappy PvPers. If you like doing BGs you'll always have plenty of bots to compete with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •