Deleted

More "Red" Mods?

I think we need some more Red mods on MMO-C
    Boubouille is hardly present and whenever you message Chaud about something you get forwarded to Sunshine who is not all that active and often enough your message or whatever gets lost with the other 100 issues of people and you don't get a reply back at all wich is kind of irritating sometimes.

I think MMO-C Could do with some more mods like them or give other mods similair privileges in their own section?

Deleted
    The main thing administrators (red names) do is run the site (news, technical stuff etc) and take care of reports on moderator actions. Any stuff other than that, which affects you personally, can usually be taken up with a green or blue mod. If it's out of their hands you can probably get it forwarded to an admin through them.

Out of curiosity and of course only if it's something you don't take issue with sharing publicly, what's the kind of thing you usually message admins about and think could be handled better with more of them? It's a tad vague.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    The main thing administrators (red names) do is run the site (news, technical stuff etc) and take care of reports on moderator actions. Any stuff other than that, which affects you personally, can usually be taken up with a green or blue mod. If it's out of their hands you can probably get it forwarded to an admin through them.

Out of curiosity and of course only if it's something you don't take issue with sharing publicly, what's the kind of thing you usually message admins about and think could be handled better with more of them? It's a tad vague.
    When for example a thread is closed and you want to get it reopened because you think it shouldn't be closed for the reason it did getting a reply after 4 days if at all is kind of frustrating. I havent had it fairly recently but i don't see it hurting to have some more active Red mods around.
    Unless ofcourse they're way of saying no is by not replying. No sarcasm intended btw.

Deleted
    In my experience, most stuff in that category should be within the blue mods' jurisdiction to handle. Since there's more of them, you'll most likely get a faster answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    When for example a thread is closed and you want to get it reopened because you think it shouldn't be closed for the reason it did getting a reply after 4 days if at all is kind of frustrating. I havent had it fairly recently but i don't see it hurting to have some more active Red mods around.
    Unless ofcourse they're way of saying no is by not replying. No sarcasm intended btw.
    That's something you should PM a green/blue mod with, not really an admin since they have quite a lot in their hands, like Sunshine. I mean, you can PM an admin too but it would be better if you just PMed a green/blue if your problem is with a thread being closed.

Deleted
    ppl like to whine a lot.
    Oh no a thread got closed and I wanted to make a reply.... I have such big problems in my life, ITS UNBEARABLE

Just make a comment and continue with ur life. Whatever happens on mmo c doesnt really matter.
    Last edited by mmoc562e1aede6; 2013-02-16 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's something you should PM a green/blue mod with, not really an admin since they have quite a lot in their hands, like Sunshine. I mean, you can PM an admin too but it would be better if you just PMed a green/blue if your problem is with a thread being closed.
    I wasn't aware of green/blue mods being able to reopen threads. Last time i got told i should ask Sunshine about it. But if they can then i guess its not really needed.
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware of green/blue mods being able to reopen threads. Last time i got told i should ask Sunshine about it. But if they can then i guess its not really needed.
    Thanks.
    Honestly, your best course of action is to nicely ask the mod that closed the thread. If you have a good reason for it, you can make their case to them. You can also ask any global (blue) mod. Note that a regular mod is probably not going to feel comfortable overriding another one's decision on their forum team, so you really should ask the one who actually closed it, or just go to a global. But at some point, you're probably just going to have to resign to the fact that sometimes we have to close threads that some people prefer to remain open for a reason that might have nothing to do with them or their intentions, but had to be done. We're just trying to tidy up the forums by keeping pointless threads to a minimum and consolidating threads on similar topics, and sometimes we need to close threads that were otherwise pretty cool because they've derailed so much that it's going to be impossible to get them back on track. It sucks, but it's part of our job.

Reds are not really mods. They are the admins who keep the site running, and our trusty overlords. They are the person to see with real complaints, but they normally are doing more behind the scenes stuff and less general moderation. Sunshine is the person to see if you have a specific complaint about moderation (more in the you-think-one-of-us-is-behaving-inappropriately vein, not so much the I-want-my-thread-reopened avenue). She's around all the time but, yeah, I get the impression she's pretty busy.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Honestly, your best course of action is to nicely ask the mod that closed the thread. If you have a good reason for it, you can make their case to them. You can also ask any global (blue) mod. Note that a regular mod is probably not going to feel comfortable overriding another one's decision on their forum team, so you really should ask the one who actually closed it, or just go to a global. But at some point, you're probably just going to have to resign to the fact that sometimes we have to close threads that some people prefer to remain open for a reason that might have nothing to do with them or their intentions, but had to be done. We're just trying to tidy up the forums by keeping pointless threads to a minimum and consolidating threads on similar topics, and sometimes we need to close threads that were otherwise pretty cool because they've derailed so much that it's going to be impossible to get them back on track. It sucks, but it's part of our job.

Reds are not really mods. They are the admins who keep the site running, and our trusty overlords. They are the person to see with real complaints, but they normally are doing more behind the scenes stuff and less general moderation. Sunshine is the person to see if you have a specific complaint about moderation (more in the you-think-one-of-us-is-behaving-inappropriately vein, not so much the I-want-my-thread-reopened avenue). She's around all the time but, yeah, I get the impression she's pretty busy.
    I understand This thread can be closed or stay open whatever suits best! But no further questions anyhow. Ty

I understand This thread can be closed or stay open whatever suits best! But no further questions anyhow. Ty
    But if we close this thread then you'll get mad at the person who did it and ask for even more red mods. This cycle can never end unless we leave this thread open.

Just kidding, yeah just PM a green mod of the same section or a blue mod and if it's a good reason they'll do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more active than you think; I'm just working behind the scenes making sure that the moderation team runs smoothly

Chaud takes care of mostly news and wowdb stuff; I deal with everything related to forums and moderators.

If you've got general "I think this thread should be reopened" or "I think this series of posts needs to be looked at" issues, you can either report the post/thread or talk to a blue/green moderator. When people poke me about these things, I generally forward it on to the appropriate green/blue mod(s) to take care of.

If you feel like a mod is misbehaving, have more severe problems with a particular user, or want to make general forum suggestions, that's the kind of stuff I deal with. I do read every single PM that I get and take the necessary actions, even if I don't reply directly; I promise!