Poll: Which Installment of WoW Provided the Best Story?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i ultimately voted for BC. even though i thought the arthas storyline and ICC was better i thought as a whole BC was better. the zones i felt were much better told than in WOTLK. im sure im one of the few who actually enjoyed hellfire (and still did back when i leveled alts in Cata), nagrand was so fun and my favorite zone in the game was zangarmarsh. its hard to give it to BC but it was the most enjoyable period of WoW for me
    thats not what this is asking >_< its asking which story was the best. nagrand had almost no story on the alliance side. the horde side was okay but also severely lacking. it was pretty much "derpa der ogres takems beads" the only good part was the demon hunter quest. hellfire was alright but fell off at the end. zangarmarsh.... oh zangarmarsh is one of the dumbest storylines in the game. although the visuals were nice and it is one of my favorite zones the storyline is just awful.

"ummm nerger is terken are waters" why are the naga taking the swamp water? "herp derp for teh lulz" THIS WAS NEVER EXPLAINED @_@ AT ALL. NOT EVEN HINTED AT! they didnt need it to survive because they could survive fine in the water where it was they didnt need to put it in a giant hole and they werent moving it anywhere so what the hell were they doing?

shadowmoon was just awful as well. the place where illidan lives and he only shows up twice once to tell some orcs their idiots and once to babble at you thru a crystal. sure the nether dragons and gul'dan stuff was cool but where was the explanations? why did illidan go insane? why did he become a villain for no reason? why did he attack shattrath? NOTHING. also what was teron even doing? just hangin wit teh fel orcs?

netherstorm was okay as long as you ignore all the blood elves and only focus on the ethereal. why did kael'thas betray illidan? why did he side with the legion? he s a blood elf the race that you know WAS PIVOTAL IN STOPPING THE LEGION AND CREATED THE GUARDIANS OF TIRISFALL @_@ the group that specifically hunted down the burning legion. also why would he go into silvermoon and just start killing his people? seriously? hes just gonna rush in there start killing dudes and steal a naaru? also WHY DID HE NEED A NAARU @_@

bladesedge was fine horde side was actually a pretty good zone with rexxar but alliance side just had nothing it was just "well... we got some cenarion circle dudes and like some baby dragons and stuff..."

burning crusade is the epitome of failed potential
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The burning crusade by far. TBC built on the original warcraft storylines from TFT that were actually good, and wrapped them all up in an epic finish. WOTLK felt a bit disjointed from the actual character of Arthas and I didn't really feel that the story was a continuation rather than a new, worse one. Cataclysm had no measurable story due to its complete lack of character development and generally being uninteresting. MoP is an affront to nature and spews filth over all known warcraft lore. Its stories are all cliched, bad, filled with poor, vulgar comedy and is in no way keeping with the rest of the franchise.

"ummm nerger is terken are waters" why are the naga taking the swamp water? "herp derp for teh lulz" THIS WAS NEVER EXPLAINED @_@ AT ALL. NOT EVEN HINTED AT! they didnt need it to survive because they could survive fine in the water where it was they didnt need to put it in a giant hole and they werent moving it anywhere so what the hell were they doing?
    I mean, this is just kind of common sense no? Most of Outland is a barren wasteland, most of all of its water supply is in Zangarmarsh. Its not a mental leap to see why someone would want to control that resource.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not what this is asking >_< its asking which story was the best. nagrand had almost no story on the alliance side. the horde side was okay but also severely lacking. it was pretty much "derpa der ogres takems beads" the only good part was the demon hunter quest. hellfire was alright but fell off at the end. zangarmarsh.... oh zangarmarsh is one of the dumbest storylines in the game. although the visuals were nice and it is one of my favorite zones the storyline is just awful.

shadowmoon was just awful as well. the place where illidan lives and he only shows up twice once to tell some orcs their idiots and once to babble at you thru a crystal. sure the nether dragons and gul'dan stuff was cool but where was the explanations? why did illidan go insane? why did he become a villain for no reason? why did he attack shattrath? NOTHING. also what was teron even doing? just hangin wit teh fel orcs?

netherstorm was okay as long as you ignore all the blood elves and only focus on the ethereal. why did kael'thas betray illidan? why did he side with the legion? he s a blood elf the race that you know WAS PIVOTAL IN STOPPING THE LEGION AND CREATED THE GUARDIANS OF TIRISFALL @_@ the group that specifically hunted down the burning legion. also why would he go into silvermoon and just start killing his people? seriously? hes just gonna rush in there start killing dudes and steal a naaru? also WHY DID HE NEED A NAARU @_@

bladesedge was fine horde side was actually a pretty good zone with rexxar but alliance side just had nothing it was just "well... we got some cenarion circle dudes and like some baby dragons and stuff..."

burning crusade is the epitome of failed potential
    Easy there, while I agree that TBC was a mess, a lot of the stuff you shout about here, was explained in the actual game. Like the Naga in Zangarmarsh, they wanted to control all the water, simply because that Outland lacked fresh water - and water equals life and power.

And the Blood Elves were not pivotal in stopping the Legion, nor did they solely create the Guardians of Tirisfal. Kael'thas betrayed Illidan, because he knew that Illidan wouldn't help him in the end, he craved power and magic to a point where only the Legion could provide it.

And Illidan went completely insane after the Icecrown incident, loosing yet again just made him completely snap. He was so afraid of Kil'jaeden that he started mass producing soldiers while hiding in Shadowmoon, so that if KJ ever appeared, he could at least attempt to launch a defense.

As for the nether dragon stuff, well they were being enslaved by Illidan's forces, so helping them seemed natural, as did dismantling the Dragonmaw from within. And the Gul'dan stuff was to gain knowledge of the Cipher of Damnation, a very powerful spell which could shatter planets.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria has the best storytelling hands down. Only part of the WOTLK storyline I liked is Yogg Saron's one.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I mean, this is just kind of common sense no? Most of Outland is a barren wasteland, most of all of its water supply is in Zangarmarsh. Its not a mental leap to see why someone would want to control that resource.
    except they didnt do anything with it. they didnt ship it out, they didnt turn it into anything. not to mention they are allied with the race of super powerful mages that can... you know... POOF WATER OUT OF THIN AIR @_@

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Easy there, while I agree that TBC was a mess, a lot of the stuff you shout about here, was explained in the actual game. Like the Naga in Zangarmarsh, they wanted to control all the water, simply because that Outland lacked fresh water - and water equals life and power.

And the Blood Elves were not pivotal in stopping the Legion, nor did they solely create the Guardians of Tirisfal. Kael'thas betrayed Illidan, because he knew that Illidan wouldn't help him in the end, he craved power and magic to a point where only the Legion could provide it.

And Illidan went completely insane after the Icecrown incident, loosing yet again just made him completely snap. He was so afraid of Kil'jaeden that he started mass producing soldiers while hiding in Shadowmoon, so that if KJ ever appeared, he could at least attempt to launch a defense.
    none of that is ever explained in game. at all. its fan speculation
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    except they didnt do anything with it. they didnt ship it out, they didnt turn it into anything. not to mention they are allied with the race of super powerful mages that can... you know... POOF WATER OUT OF THIN AIR @_@
    Well we did manage to stop them before they really got away with it.

Well we did manage to stop them before they really got away with it.
    they had enough time to shove a giant sea monster through the hole and summon a bunch of water elementals from azeroth.

Wrath is my favorite storyline so far; MoP is a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists > Wrath > BC = CATA > Vanilla

to me, all had pretty good story lines. all of them certainly have flaws. some more than others. still overall great stories.

to each their own.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    they had enough time to shove a giant sea monster through the hole and summon a bunch of water elementals from azeroth.
    Eh, snake people be crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Maybe its just because I was around for the whole WC series, right from the start. Maybe newer players have a different perspective as they dont connect wow with the previous warcraft games so much.
    Actually older players are the ones that usually enjoy MoP more than WOTLK/Arthas fanboys. I've been playing since WCI, destroying Blackrock Spire with my Water elementals, knights and priests. And MoP has both strong ties with existing lore and great potential for the future.

Lich King, no contest. It's like the whole game has been building up to that point since Warcraft 3. It feels like it's downhill from there, story-wise. It's like we hit the climax and now we're at falling action. Burning Crusade was just a distraction from what really mattered - killing Arthas.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that MoP has the best story with Wrath coming as a close second.

Their goal was to control it so others could not. Hence why they pumped it from the surface into the reservoir they could easily defend it. One of the first goal of any military force is to capture and maintain control over resources so their enemies cannot.

And no, you're confusing mechanics with lore. They can't simply make massive amounts of water appear from nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Their goal was to control it so others could not. Hence why they pumped it from the surface into the reservoir they could easily defend it. One of the first goal of any military force is to capture and maintain control over resources so their enemies cannot.

And no, you're confusing mechanics with lore. They can't simply make massive amounts of water appear from nothing.
    yes they can, magical food doesnt taste very good which is why most people dont actually eat it but its very simple magic almost any mage can do. considering both naga and blood elves are some of the most powerful spellcasters in the world they could easily create enough water to survive.

also by pumping the water from the surface they were directly harming their new allies

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Lich King, no contest. It's like the whole game has been building up to that point since Warcraft 3. It feels like it's downhill from there, story-wise. It's like we hit the climax and now we're at falling action. Burning Crusade was just a distraction from what really mattered - killing Arthas.
    Hit the climax yes of Warcraft 3. There's more (a lot more) story to the franchise than killing a spoiled blonde brat.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 07:52 PM ----------

yes they can, magical food doesnt taste very good which is why most people dont actually eat it but its very simple magic almost any mage can do. considering both naga and blood elves are some of the most powerful spellcasters in the world they could easily create enough water to survive.

also by pumping the water from the surface they were directly harming their new allies
    The only source we have of the taste of conjured food, is when Jaina summons some in "Tides of War", and it's supposedly really good. Oh and it wasn't about the survival of the naga, that wasn't why they tried to control the water, they wanted to control it so that only Illidan had the waters of Outland.

Hit the climax yes of Warcraft 3. There's more (a lot more) story to the franchise than killing a spoiled blonde brat.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 07:52 PM ----------

The only source we have of the taste of conjured food, is when Jaina summons some in "Tides of War", and it's supposedly really good. Oh and it wasn't about the survival of the naga, that wasn't why they tried to control the water, they wanted to control it so that only Illidan had the waters of Outland.
    but wouldnt it be easier to just kill the one cenarion circle camp? they were allied with the fungal giants and the sporelings were pretty much extinct until you save them

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 01:39 PM ----------

none of that is ever explained in game. at all. its fan speculation
    Uhm yes, all of it is explained in game. All. Of. It.

Kael'thas explains his betrayal when you hand in his Verdant Sphere, Malfurion and others tells you how, when and why Illidan lost it in game, and as for all the Gul'dan/Shadowmoon stuff - again, explained in game. Pay attention honestly.

i might actually be wrong about the food part but im pretty sure i read that magical food pretty much tastes like dirt. although i might be remembering that from some different franchise since its a common theme for magical food to taste like crap