Poll: Which Installment of WoW Provided the Best Story?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MoP has done the best job of explaining and engaging you in the story even if you're like me and haven't been paying attention to the quests and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    You mean Wrathion sending me to war with the opposing force while he knows that's what fuels the shaaaaaaa? And why exactly is our war not bringing it back again?

You mean the oh so scary shaaaaaaa, 3 or 4 of whose manifestations are defeat throughout dungeons before the expansions even really kicks off in 2nd gear? So much for all powerfull manifestations.
    Even fel reavers in TBC were scarier than the Sha-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Which installment(original game or one of the expansions)had the best story, or at least the most appealing one for you?
    Personally for me, wotlk cause I loved the wc3 storyline.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Torunscar View Post
    MoP has done the best job of explaining and engaging you in the story even if you're like me and haven't been paying attention to the quests and such.
    Debatable, if you've completed Storm Peaks or Icecrown in Wrath content or Twilight Highlands from the Cata set.

Additionally the thread, in my opinion, is comparing the lore/story itself rather than how well it has been presented in each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Not really, to me that is. First stepping into Outland I wasn't all that scared of Fel Reavers. They were just big and annoying, not scary.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    From best to worst:

Wrath..MoP.....Cata..BC.......................Classic
    Yeah I agree with that. As long as we're counting the revamped quest zones as part of Cata's "story". If not then BC might creep a bit ahead of Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    People who pick marshes of crapdaria.....ugh jesus christ what's WRONG with you. You've had your fun and you've killed Warcraft lore irrevocably now stop pretending this whole expansion is anything more than a lore clusterffff....

I know, it's hard to believe warcraft lore would come to rats and rabbits jumping on green meadows, pandas doing kungfu and cooking chinese food, and we are fighting beer barrels and Sha's that came from nowhere.

The people who wrote the story for MOP should consider first resigning and then going back in time for getting a hardcore lobotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only because they snuck up on you, then yelled right behind your back. If there was a big Sha walking around and surprising players, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    I can't help but laugh at all the diehard fanboys voting MOP.

I still play the game and will probably continue to do so, but the lore in Mists doesn't even come close to holding a candle to the lore in Wrath.
    Mmmm, I dunno. The storytelling is very rich and deep in MoP. The subject matter isn't as compelling (how can it be when we've already used up all the major lore of the RTS series?) but the way the story is told and all the little details, like random books you can read, the Lorewalkers etc are actually superior to Wrath.

I'd vote Wrath ahead of MoP, but mostly because it had the Scourge, Arthas and Ulduar to lean on.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hit the climax yes of Warcraft 3. There's more (a lot more) story to the franchise than killing a spoiled blonde brat.
    Not a lot more. Just the Burning Legion which is pretty two dimensional. And Sargeras who is an evil god so if we ever do get to fight him it would be kind of ridiculous.

P.S. Blonde is for girls, blond is for boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Not really, to me that is. First stepping into Outland I wasn't all that scared of Fel Reavers. They were just big and annoying, not scary.
    I dont know, back when you could not fly, having the fel reavers stomp up behind you whilst questing was a pretty scary moment! for something so big and noisy, its supprising how damm sneaky they are.

Anyone who voted for BC has obviously never played Warcraft III and knows nothing about Warcraft lore.

I still play the game and will probably continue to do so, but the lore in Mists doesn't even come close to holding a candle to the lore in Wrath.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! WotLK good? That made me laugh. You won't say that if you actually played WC3 and know how much Blizzard butchered Scourge's lore in WotLK. I can't help but laugh at wrath babies who don't know shit about Warcraft's lore and think WotLK was good because LK just looks cool without even knowing what happened before WotLK and how Blizz messed it up in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! WotLK good? That made me laugh. You won't say that if you actually played WC3 and know how much Blizzard butchered Scourge's lore in WotLK. I can't help but laugh at wrath babies who don't know shit about Warcraft's lore and think WotLK was good because LK just looks cool without even knowing what happened before WotLK and how Blizz messed it up in WotLK.
    Would you like to further explain what you mean by this? I might have missed something important.

BC > LK >>>>>>>>>> Classic >> MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata

(More > = more greater than)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I know, it's hard to believe warcraft lore would come to rats and rabbits jumping on green meadows, pandas doing kungfu and cooking chinese food, and we are fighting beer barrels and Sha's that came from nowhere.
    Yeah. How great was BC where all we did was going on safaris all day, played with the fungus people and founded Ogri´la... Or Wrath where we spent all day jousting, polymorphed ourselves into giant women and shot apples from the head of a dwarf. That was hardcore!

how can ANYTHING in the WoW universe be as epic as The Arthas lore?? no competition

If we're talking about which expansion had the best storytelling, I would have to say MoP, it's been a great story so far with the Ally vs Horde, as well as the Mogu. I however really don't like the Pandaren lore.. they are pacifists, not caring about anything, they didn't build the empire themself, they just took it by conquest and had some nothing ever since.

As for the story I liked the most, it has to be WotLK, the story was okay in the game, but it was more the pre built lore around Arthas that I really loved.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Mists > Wrath > BC > Vanilla > Twilight > A 3 year old's drawing book > The stains my crap made in the bowl > Cata

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:24 PM ----------

Lore =/= story and that's what was asked.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-02-18 at 02:30 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Of course WotlK because it was known from Warcraft 3....but as MoP had no story before the game, the story is damn awesome!

I'm not following where people get this great alliance vs horde story in MOP. There have been very few happenings that one could call a war or a story. It's so barren and sad, I believe most players who talk about great story in MOP did not play in previous expansions and just breezed through them while power-leveling.