View Poll Results: Should there be more gold from the act of pvping.

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    154 68.14%
  • No

    72 31.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3
    I agree that if you use your professions correctly you wouldn't even need a gold reward. However! I wouldn't mind seeing some updates trades good vendors, or something like, say I'm capped for honor, I've bought all the honor mounts, I'm no longer in honor gear, I've got all the transmog sets I can buy, so my honor is just sat there, perhaps honor points could get swapped into a measly amount of money per point above cap, or give us something decent to spend it on, not just honor gear that you promptly vendor or D/E for mats.

  2. #22
    The argument for those against is it would encourage bots. Bots make more gold farming ore and herbs than they would boting in pvp. On top of that, why punish the pvp players who use arena, RBG and random bgs. They cannot do anything about bots, saying they should get no more gold from pvp because of that is unfair and the issue is fix the bots not punish the players more than already. More than already being that random bgs are awful at times because of that. Arena giving gold and rbgs: bots are not an issue, bots cannot win.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

  3. #23
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,603
    If your 2.2k rating next patch and are an enchanter there is a pvp power/resil/disarm enchant. It could garner a lot of gold.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  4. #24
    If there is no durability loss on pvp gear and your main goal is just to pvp then why do you need gold?
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  5. #25
    The Patient Lockrocker75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE (thats why I play WoW)
    Posts
    281
    Well, since pvp'ing means your gear doesn't take any damage from players, unlike in raids/dungeons. No. PvPing shouldn't give more monetary rewards. If you can't simply do a daily or a 2 every now and again to get gold, then that's your fault for spending however many hours just pvp'ing/standing around a town piddle f'ing yourself. Plus you can use professions to make gold.

  6. #26
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    Well, since pvp'ing means your gear doesn't take any damage from players, unlike in raids/dungeons. No. PvPing shouldn't give more monetary rewards. If you can't simply do a daily or a 2 every now and again to get gold, then that's your fault for spending however many hours just pvp'ing/standing around a town piddle f'ing yourself. Plus you can use professions to make gold.
    Give me a pvp daily, and not this pve dailys then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    If there is no durability loss on pvp gear and your main goal is just to pvp then why do you need gold?
    When you die you still lose durability, so still need to repair, it's stupid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Give me a pvp daily, and not this pve dailys then.
    Would welcome this, like make the Call to arms holiday have a quest, where you win one a day and get some gold for it, one PvP daily wouldn't be a bad thing at all!
    People moaning no gold though, go level mining takes like 2 hours and gets you a fuck ton of gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    You not gamer, you go play your boring "Real life" with crappy graphics'n stuff! You cant even do Quests, dungeons and BGs in "IRL" :s
    "The ship of failure floats on a sea of excuses."

  8. #28
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    When you die you still lose durability, so still need to repair, it's stupid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:20 AM ----------



    Would welcome this, like make the Call to arms holiday have a quest, where you win one a day and get some gold for it, one PvP daily wouldn't be a bad thing at all!
    People moaning no gold though, go level mining takes like 2 hours and gets you a fuck ton of gold!
    I would like more world pvp, so don't have random bg dailys. Maybe one for wg, halaa, tb and eastern plaguelands and it would be random which one it would be each day. This increases blizzards *get out in the world* motivate.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  9. #29
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    756
    I would also like to see earning gold being added to PvP.

    The most simple, easy and dynamic solution: let players sell their honor and conquest points on the AH!
    (Same thing with justice and valor points. No need to force people to play the game the way they don't want it, if there are alternatives. WoW has way to many restrictions like BoP, raid lockouts, daily and weekly limits and so on. It's as if Blizz thinks that they can keep this game interesting only when they keep people away from accessing content too fast. So even if you DO work for it and invest a lot of time and skill, you're still artificially limited. Don't like it.)

    After all they earned them, it should be their decision what to do with it. Yes, people who have gold would be fully geared in day one. So what? Therefore other 20 people won't be geared at all, because they sold their points.

    Oh... waaaaaaait, this would encourage even more BG botting than we already have, right?! Let me tell you that this is one of the most BS arguments ever. I'm not saying that it's not true, but it is a ridiculous and pathetic approach to solve problems. Instead of eliminating the problem itself, the possibility to bot, people would rather like to see parts of the game itself being restricted, because botting may profit from those parts? Either that, or they don't like the idea right from the start and just name the next most obvious reason that speaks against it.

    Saying nay is always easier than looking for a solution.
    Last edited by joepesci; 2013-02-21 at 03:07 PM.

  10. #30
    Gold would be nice. Or even a vendor that sells bop gems and enchants for honor.

  11. #31
    PvP and PvE should both reward an equal amount of gold.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Enough bots as it is - no need to encourage them. PvP - Conquest & epics. PvE - Valor & epics & REPAIRS.

    Professions -> gold
    i dont think the bots excuse is good. it only needs to be a small amount of gold for wins, farming pve stuff would still net more gold and be a lot easier. would just be nice for a little gold from BG/arena wins to help pay toward new gems for my new gear D:
    Too cool for a signature

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This game is an RPG at its core. I do agree with Blizzard's philosophy that PvP in this game should be affected by pve RPG elements such as gear, stats, gold, professions and character advancement. Therefore, you should be forced to apply yourself in one area of pve to maximize your pvp character. This game has always been like this.

    I don't understand how anyone could actually play this game ONLY for pvp. That means every time you log on, you play battlgrounds and areans only. No quests, no dungeons, no farming, just pvp. They have tournament realms for people like this.
    RPG =/= PVE only if you wanna get hung up on definitions.

    Also, you are wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 08:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    After having made a shitton of money with barely any effort by doing Leatherworking, I can't say PvP should award a lot of money anymore. I literally made above the 40k gold by selling leather chests/gloves and selling some enchants.

    Most people who can't make money are the ones who don't have any professions. If you cba to lvl up professions to maximize your character, then why would you want money for gems/enchants?
    By that reasoning you should remove gold-making from raiding/5mans too.

  14. #34
    you guys seem to be under the impression "pve" players like doing dailies or farming mobs, it is something we are forced to do to net an end result of being raid ready. while i support the possibility of a pvp daily the idea of rewarding you guys even more for losses is absurd. You raid and fail to kill boss you get nothing but repair bills, you pvp and never win and you still earn gear. I will support pvp gold rewards for losses when i can wipe on boss and get to pick what loot i want from them after enough wipes.

  15. #35
    I am a PVE hero, and yeah i think there should be a bit more gold for you PVPers, But still i voted no.
    Why is that?

    PvP is quite filled with bots, at least regular battlegrounds. And that while there is "only" honor (yeah some of the higher currency as well) to earn for them. If there would be gold involved i dont even want to know how bot-filled battlegrounds were then.
    I dont have a problem if a fellow PVPer getss his share as well, like we PVEers, it just should be done i a way which doesnt attract more bots.

    Making it only available in arenas wouldnt be the solution in my eyes, because it eitehr would lead to bots storming even arena, not caring about winning or loosing or MMR, just farming gold if it turns out faster or easier than other methods. If that wouldnt work, PVPers which dont do Arenas (yeah this species exists on an island far away), would be left without gold.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This game is an RPG at its core. I do agree with Blizzard's philosophy that PvP in this game should be affected by pve RPG elements such as gear, stats, gold, professions and character advancement. Therefore, you should be forced to apply yourself in one area of pve to maximize your pvp character. This game has always been like this.

    I don't understand how anyone could actually play this game ONLY for pvp. That means every time you log on, you play battlgrounds and areans only. No quests, no dungeons, no farming, just pvp. They have tournament realms for people like this.
    Yeah, I'm on Sargeras and quite a bit of people are like this. Most of my guild absolutely despises PVE or "dragon slaying", and pretty much play the game solely for PVP.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    If there is no durability loss on pvp gear and your main goal is just to pvp then why do you need gold?
    You lose durability simply for being infight, a sunday full of pvp is a sunday worth several hundred in repair bills.

    That being said, I think only Arena and RBG should reward gold, everything else would encourage botting.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    451
    I don't think PvP should reward gold. There are plenty of other options available - dailies, playing the AH, using your professions etc. These are the type of things you could be doing whilst waiting for the BG queue to pop.

  19. #39
    There shouldn't be more gold from pvping. If you "full time pvp" you will have more than enough honor, conquest to make gold. Example= trade that honor into mats, some mats actually still sell decently, or you can prospect/disenchant/mill/enchant, etc and make a profit. Enough to buy your gems, enchants. What more gold do you need for PvP other than the basic gems, enchants, reforge? Also, if you reeeeallly need gold just sell weekly caps for 100g - 150g/win. Do that 10 times a week, 10k+ gold. BAM. This thread can now be closed.

    *edit*
    I should add repairs to that list, but since it takes like 100 bgs to turn yellow and all that it's a negligible amount of gold needed.
    Last edited by Nightsorrow12; 2013-02-21 at 04:50 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I don't think PvP should reward gold. There are plenty of other options available - dailies, playing the AH, using your professions etc. These are the type of things you could be doing whilst waiting for the BG queue to pop.
    Which is mostly stuff most PvPers do not enjoy. Goob job ignoring the main point of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •